Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 92

Thread: Lupica: Futures of HC and GM depend on 2012 season

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    AGREED! Its just the media with their usual nonsense. Rex and T will be here no matter what this season!

    Same media that wanted Coughlin oustered had they not made the playoffs last year....the same media that fellatiates everything G-Men now

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,850
    Rex, and Tanny are not going anywhere for now.

  3. #23
    What is so funny is that Don La Greca who co-hosts Lupica's show criticizes the Jets for not being patient enough throughout the years like the Giants have been.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 08-13-2012 at 06:33 PM.

  4. #24
    I don't read Lupica much, but does he write sports and general topic columns? pick one buddy. your work suffers greatly when you try to handle too much. He's obviously not at all (if any) of the practices or games nor is he hanging out all day at City Hall or wherever. So how can he formulate an original opinion on something if he is not there to personally experience it. He's obviously reading other peoples' reports and just writing a column based on that. That is not journalism.

  5. #25
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,248
    More importantly, what does Jim Rome think.

  6. #26
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is nothing earth shattering. Thats why they bought tebow here. When the ship starts sinking, they will put in tebow in hopes he can save there jobs.
    The other side of the coin is that Rex and Tanny know how to run a football team and have shown the ability to learn from their mistakes. Expectations are high for a reason, isn't that right?

  7. #27
    There are times when I think the whole Tebow trade was just a case of classic misdirection. The GM has no vision and can't pick players (at least lately), the HC is just good DC who gives great pressers, but isn't a true head coach, and the owner is just interested in filling seats, selling PSL's and getting his picture taken with celebrities. By bringing in Tebow it's like they are saying "don't look at us....look at him."

    That being said, Tanny's job could very well be on the line this season, but Rex is probably good for a least another season, unless this one is an unmitigated disaster.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yeah they are going to fire a coach and GM after making 2 AFCCs and one 8-8 season. With a rookie QB!! What? That is pretty stupid. You don't fire a coach that wins. That is like getting rid of a girlfriend because she is better looking then you are. OK even if Sanchez is a bust you move on. Sometimes you role the dice and get snake eyes. I don't think either of their careers should be linked with that one pick.
    AGREED. I just simply do not get the stupidity and the incredible urge for people to overreact when Rex slips. So he had a bad season, so what? Is that to say you don't remember what happened in 2009 and 2010?

    Bottom line is they are just pissed because they don't like Rex. They think a HC should be very intraverted and soft spoken with the press. Rex doesn't fit that mold so they are so badly wanting him to fall. It's just jealousy at it's worst. They don't like outspoken people.

    My hope is that Woody sticks with Rex because as Adam Schein already said and I have believed for a long time now, Rex will win a SB with the NYJ.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yeah they are going to fire a coach and GM after making 2 AFCCs and one 8-8 season. With a rookie QB!! What? That is pretty stupid. You don't fire a coach that wins. That is like getting rid of a girlfriend because she is better looking then you are. OK even if Sanchez is a bust you move on. Sometimes you role the dice and get snake eyes. I don't think either of their careers should be linked with that one pick.
    I agree with you for the most part, though Tannenbaum has way more misses on his resume than just Sanchez (if he doesn't work out). It would be Gholston and Sanchez, both top 10 picks. A GM simply can't miss on two of those and expect to keep his job.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,756
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    The other side of the coin is that Rex and Tanny know how to run a football team and have shown the ability to learn from their mistakes. Expectations are high for a reason, isn't that right?
    I think you are mistaking exposure for expectations.

    Two years ago we were a trendy SB pick. Outside of JI, I don't hear much of that anymore. This roster is a shell of what it was a couple of years ago. Especially on offense.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1134660

    For 2012 season, NY Jets success or failure will be on head coach Rex Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum

    While Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez have the spotlight on them, the coach and general manager have more riding on this season than anyone.
    I disagree that rex ryan should be fired if the Jets are disappointments this season-unless he loses control of his team again. Then he has to go. Other wise going to back to back championship games in two out of your first three years buys you credit.

    But if the Jets finish mediocre or poor then Mike Tannenbaum has to go. He is the final say on what talent comes in via draft, free agency and trades. And he thought it was prudent to go through an entire off season without seriously upgrading the RT and RB positions. He also has not signed a blocking TE as of yet. He better be right or that inaction will sabotage the season.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,756
    IJF, if the GM is fired, I think the new guy would want to bring in his own coach. I agree with you, but I do not think it is practical.

    I think Woody considers Tanny family. It is hard for me to imagine a scenario that would get him fired. As long as Woody is making money I dont see him changing anything.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I disagree that rex ryan should be fired if the Jets are disappointments this season-unless he loses control of his team again. Then he has to go. Other wise going to back to back championship games in two out of your first three years buys you credit.

    But if the Jets finish mediocre or poor then Mike Tannenbaum has to go. He is the final say on what talent comes in via draft, free agency and trades. And he thought it was prudent to go through an entire off season without seriously upgrading the RT and RB positions. He also has not signed a blocking TE as of yet. He better be right or that inaction will sabotage the season.

    I agree with your thinking here, but new GM usually means new HC, right?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I love how the media decides how to influence the careers of those working in an industry for which supplies them with their own jobs.
    Whats great is how these media hacks say all the talk out of Jets camp is Tebow..YOU MEDIA hacks are the ones that dictate the talk out of camp

    Todays Rex presser the media spent the first 10+ minutes asking about the WC 20 different ways...

  15. #35
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,405
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think you are mistaking exposure for expectations.

    Two years ago we were a trendy SB pick. Outside of JI, I don't hear much of that anymore. This roster is a shell of what it was a couple of years ago. Especially on offense.
    Exposure is most certainly high for a reason.

    Don't forget the premise; these guys are fighting for their lives~expectations are high.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I agree with you for the most part, though Tannenbaum has way more misses on his resume than just Sanchez (if he doesn't work out). It would be Gholston and Sanchez, both top 10 picks. A GM simply can't miss on two of those and expect to keep his job.
    What about the boar hunter? Did you forget 3rd round pick Anthony Schlegel?

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What about the boar hunter? Did you forget 3rd round pick Anthony Schlegel?
    Yes, Deer Murderer, I completely forgot about him.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yeah they are going to fire a coach and GM after making 2 AFCCs and one 8-8 season. With a rookie QB!! What? That is pretty stupid. You don't fire a coach that wins. That is like getting rid of a girlfriend because she is better looking then you are. OK even if Sanchez is a bust you move on. Sometimes you role the dice and get snake eyes. I don't think either of their careers should be linked with that one pick.
    Two more years to decide. No less and no more. 8 years as a GM is more than a lifetime. If this roster is a shaky in two years as it looks tight now then Tannenbaum is toast and rightfully so.

  19. #39
    Coaches and GMs get fired when the product becomes so lousy that seats go unsold. PSLs are the great equalizers and best job insurance a FO could ever hope for. Ownership has the fans by the short and curlies. Stop buying your season tix and you forfeit your PSL. An owner can put up with a crummy product for a few years running, and as long he gives the fans some sense of hope, revenues won't suffer.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Yes, Deer Murderer, I completely forgot about him.
    Kiss my A$$ if you don't like it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us