Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lupica: Futures of HC and GM depend on 2012 season

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Coaches and GMs get fired when the product becomes so lousy that seats go unsold. PSLs are the great equalizers and best job insurance a FO could ever hope for. Ownership has the fans by the short and curlies. Stop buying your season tix and you forfeit your PSL. An owner can put up with a crummy product for a few years running, and as long he gives the fans some sense of hope, revenues won't suffer.
    Well what get me on this is it was not so long ago that was a huge issue. The JETS where never known for selling the stadium out even when good. Right now people want to see them good or bad. They are the trendy to to hate still.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Yes, Deer Murderer, I completely forgot about him.
    I read this insult a lot about the resident Maniac Jets Fanatic. (Maniac's no insult to one from Maine btw) My question to you who love to call him Bambi killer and the like, are you vegan? Because unless you are, you're a total hypocrite.

FTR, I don't hunt, and couldn't bring myself to shoot an animal. But I do definitely eat meat, so I have no problem with those who do. I'll take my venison tenderloin medium rare please.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if things crash and burn then lupica may have a point. failing that it won't happen after this season and it would be doubtful for rex to go into next season a lame duck. but it's so negative to talk like this. the jets have problems just like the other 31 teams personnel wise. but what they do have is a really nice core group of defensive players and some players with significant upside. and sanchez isn't half bad when given the chance.

game on in 3 weeks. can't wait.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree but most GMs want to be able to hire their own coach. I get the feeling that Woody has left all the football operations to Tanny who in turn has delegated every single responsibility to someone else. As long as Woody is in the black, he doesn't care. Winning games is a bonus.

Its obvious Tannenbaum has let Rex run things. There is no other way to explain the neglect of the offense. All you have to do is pay attention when Rex is talking about the picks, he either refers to them as his pick or Tannenbaum's pick. At least when Mangini was running things he understood that you needed a strong OL and REAL veteran leaders
    Rex benefitted a huge amount from the Mangini years. But Rex's D will save his job regardless. Almost more than anything, I want our D to stonewall teams... But, I fear rules changes have made that near impossible and the Jets may be like a Dinosaur in the 21st century.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-14-2012 at 04:43 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    IJF, if the GM is fired, I think the new guy would want to bring in his own coach. I agree with you, but I do not think it is practical.

I think Woody considers Tanny family. It is hard for me to imagine a scenario that would get him fired. As long as Woody is making money I dont see him changing anything.
    Woody is driven by publicity. If he thinks it is the right PR thing to do by firing Tanny he will.

A new GM will keep Rex at least for one year. Similar to Mangini/Holmgren.
    Rex will only be fired if Cowher is the replacement- more PR

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Rex benefitted a huge amount from the Mangini years. But Rex's D will save his job regardless. Almost more than anything, I want our D to stonewall teams... But, I fear rules changes have made that near impossible and the Jets may be like a Dinosaur in the 21st century.
    We are a dinosaur on offense. No matter how good our defense is, it will not win us a SB unless it becomes a historically great defense. And I don't even know if that is possible anymore b.c of the rules.

The offensive talent has wilted the past couple of seasons. And its not like we had a ton of it to begin with but at least we had some.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What about the boar hunter? Did you forget 3rd round pick Anthony Schlegel?
    LOL.

He was talking about missing on Top 10 picks and you bring up a 3rd rounder.

Doofus.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read this insult a lot about the resident Maniac Jets Fanatic. (Maniac's no insult to one from Maine btw) My question to you who love to call him Bambi killer and the like, are you vegan? Because unless you are, you're a total hypocrite.

FTR, I don't hunt, and couldn't bring myself to shoot an animal. But I do definitely eat meat, so I have no problem with those who do. I'll take my venison tenderloin medium rare please.
    Perhaps it's the image he chooses to display. One he's displayed for over 8 years.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... we have a great gm & hc ...

... getting rid of either after 2012 would be idiotic ...

... that being said, they are going to have a good year regardless ...

l_j_r

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... we have a great gm & hc ...

... getting rid of either after 2012 would be idiotic ...

... that being said, they are going to have a good year regardless ...

l_j_r
    What makes Tannenbaum a great GM in your mind?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    What makes Tannenbaum a great GM in your mind?

... for starters - his ready, willing, and ableness to make any more that he believes will improve his team ... his ability to manage the cap in this salary-cap era nfl ... and his willingness to fine tune his vision towards what his current head coach is looking for ... and it is evident that he is very sharp ...

What about him do you have a problem with?

l_j_r

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... for starters - his ready, willing, and ableness to make any more that he believes will improve his team ... his ability to manage the cap in this salary-cap era nfl ... and his willingness to fine tune his vision towards what his current head coach is looking for ... and it is evident that he is very sharp ...

What about him do you have a problem with?

l_j_r
    His cap management skills are well known and I believe that, along with his negotiating skills, are his only positive traits.

I don't believe he has the requisite skills to be the talent evaluator that this team needs.

And yes, he's providing his HC with what he's looking for but at the same time, he's ignoring the offense. You have to have a balance.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

He was talking about missing on Top 10 picks and you bring up a 3rd rounder.

Doofus.
    I said a 3rd round pick you dingbat

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps it's the image he chooses to display. One he's displayed for over 8 years.

So he'd be more accepted if he had a pic of a cigar smoking dog wearing a fedora, or a white haired (who the F is that anyway.....?) Lee Majors?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So he'd be more accepted if he had a pic of a cigar smoking dog wearing a fedora, or a white haired (who the F is that anyway.....?) Lee Majors?
    As if that's somehow more acceptable, right? Don't worry about it. He lost all his credibility on this board a very long time ago. Now he's pretty much a punchline.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Whats great is how these media hacks say all the talk out of Jets camp is Tebow..YOU MEDIA hacks are the ones that dictate the talk out of camp

Todays Rex presser the media spent the first 10+ minutes asking about the WC 20 different ways...
    Exactly right, and it absolutely drives me NUTS. Then if you follow twitter, you have jackasses that retweet the same media hacks and mock the Jets for craving attention....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, are you saying that the Jets do not crave attention and that it is just a media created illusion?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said a 3rd round pick you dingbat
    wow.

not too bright, huh?

I was talking about top 10 picks, as Jordy has pointed out.

More specifically, I was talking about how if he misses on two top 10 picks within a couple of years, it's very, very bad and he probably has to go. Players taken in the 3rd round had nothing to do with what I was talking about. Because, once again, I was specifically talking about the top 10 misses which are more uncommon and more devastating than 3rd round misses.

Do I really need to explain this? Is this really happening? He's really this dumb?

And he calls someone else a dingbat lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    wow.

not too bright, huh?

I was talking about top 10 picks, as Jordy has pointed out.

More specifically, I was talking about how if he misses on two top 10 picks within a couple of years, it's very, very bad and he probably has to go. Players taken in the 3rd round had nothing to do with what I was talking about. Because, once again, I was specifically talking about the top 10 misses which are more uncommon and more devastating than 3rd round misses.

Do I really need to explain this? Is this really happening? He's really this dumb?

And he calls someone else a dingbat lol
    Are you really that dense?

I said THIRD ROUND PICK you f*cking moron.

Really nice save though. Had to stroke your boyfriend, Jordy right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you really that dense?

I said THIRD ROUND PICK you f*cking moron.

Really nice save though. Had to stroke your boyfriend, Jordy right?
    LMAO

I know you said 3rd round, and it still doesn't apply to what I was talking about.

Anyone with a brain who has followed this mind-numbingly stupid argument knows you look like a complete idiot.