Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 398

Thread: Tebow under center.

  1. #221
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Yeah and monkeys could fly out of my butt
    Perhaps, depending on what you are in to. But that's your own business

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Not for nothing, but if someone has a mentally ill child this would be pretty offensive. Posting a picture titled "super retard" is pretty petty, even on a message board.
    Not only is it offensive to anyone who has a special need child, it's offensive to anyone with a sense of decency.

  3. #223
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Are you kidding?

    Wow, you are a POS.

    _

  4. #224
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I think the point is that Elway made Tebow available.

    I think that was the premise of AGAW's question.

    Why did Elway make him available?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    But Manning is coming off 4 neck surgeries.

    What if he goes down?

    Tebow would be there to pick it up.

    The real reason is that Elway did not want him. He did not want the QB that he inherited. A QB he never would have agreed to draft if he were in charge in April of 2010.

    That's the REAL reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Yep.

    Basically, Elway was getting rid of a problem and the Jets essentially did him a favor.

    Tebow was a 1st round pick and still had 2 yrs left on his rookie deal. The going rate for backup-to-become-starter QBs is a 2nd rounder. Elway did a fire sale and got rid of him for a 4th.

    If Elway really wanted Tebow he would have held onto him, have him mentor under Peyton for at least a year and then traded him at a higher rate.
    This isn't rocket science...

    Just admit it, it'll make you feel better...

  5. #225
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    What I saw is a poster putting up a position that was respectful and considered, regardless of how basic it was. While I'm a supporter of Sanchez of our QB, I have to wonder if your vilification and contempt would have taken the same course if the poster was making a case for Sanchez in the same manner. The descent into ridicule and attack mode happened pretty fast, and rests on you not on the OP. I frankly don't care who he is, who he roots for, or how much he loves Tim Tebow. Just isn't the point. Many posters here simply disagreed very directly and moved on. You decided that you were going to bully him into a crying fit or something, which is your perogative, but gets tiresome. I don't think it's going to be a successful long term strategy to shout down and demean every poster who happens to like Tim Tebow. Let the Tebowites say their piece. If it's old and unconvincing, ignore it or comment and move on... what I personally find depressing here is that differences of opinion seem always to devolve into cat-fights or juvenile name calling. Anyway, carry on, but know that you are part of what is reducing this site to a "wasteland." JMHO.
    Respectful and considered?

    I disagree, because the same BS was littered in a bunch of other threads and was done in his previous life on TGG. I literally got PMs from other real Tebowites saying the guy's a super troll and was actually embarrassing real Tebowites.

    THAT'S what's turing this place into a wasteland, but I respect your right to disagree with me.

    _

  6. #226
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Hey guys... RELAX. Its freakin' WEEK 2 of the PRESEASON. At this rate we're not going to make it to October.
    Unfortunately, this is true.

    _

  7. #227
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Yep.

    Basically, Elway was getting rid of a problem and the Jets essentially did him a favor.

    Tebow was a 1st round pick and still had 2 yrs left on his rookie deal. The going rate for backup-to-become-starter QBs is a 2nd rounder. Elway did a fire sale and got rid of him for a 4th.

    If Elway really wanted Tebow he would have held onto him, have him mentor under Peyton for at least a year and then traded him at a higher rate.
    Exactly.

    He could have sat and learned BEHIND one of the greatest QBs of all time--probably the greatest student of the game over the last 15 years--Petyon Manning.

    His GM--a Hall of Fame QB and one of the acknowledged greats of all time--KNEW this and STILL threw him away for basically nothing. When he had him under a cheap contract. Sit for 2 years--which is what it's going to take if Tebow CAN be fixed.

    Makes no sense, unless THEY knew he sucked and couldn't be fixed.

    I'm going with John Elway over some Tebow-teabaggers.

    _

  8. #228
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Exactly.

    He could have sat and learned BEHIND one of the greatest QBs of all time--probably the greatest student of the game over the last 15 years--Petyon Manning.

    His GM--a Hall of Fame QB and one of the acknowledged greats of all time--KNEW this and STILL threw him away for basically nothing. When he had him under a cheap contract. Sit for 2 years--which is what it's going to take if Tebow CAN be fixed.

    Makes no sense, unless THEY knew he sucked and couldn't be fixed.

    I'm going with John Elway over some Tebow-teabaggers.

    _
    That's very plausible. Another possibility is that, like in the real world, when someone gets demoted, they often get transferred or let go. Happens in the business world all the time.

    It's also what the Broncos did with Orton. He lost the starting job, they shipped him out. It reduces troubles in the locker room.

    Point being, there's any number of possibile explanations, not just the one you put forth.

  9. #229
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    please ban daballhawk for posting that extremely offensive picture

    thank you

  10. #230
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    That's very plausible. Another possibility is that, like in the real world, when someone gets demoted, they often get transferred or let go. Happens in the business world all the time.

    It's also what the Broncos did with Orton. He lost the starting job, they shipped him out. It reduces troubles in the locker room.

    Point being, there's any number of possibile explanations, not just the one you put forth.
    LOL...yea that Tebow is really a locker room cancer.

    I am sure that is why they shipped him out.

  11. #231
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    That's very plausible. Another possibility is that, like in the real world, when someone gets demoted, they often get transferred or let go. Happens in the business world all the time.

    It's also what the Broncos did with Orton. He lost the starting job, they shipped him out. It reduces troubles in the locker room.

    Point being, there's any number of possibile explanations, not just the one you put forth.
    Sorry, Demos, but the Orton situation was no way analogous because Orton was in the last year of a 2 year contract in 2011. So once he lost the starting job there was no way he was staying because he was an UFA after the season. They waived him in November so he could get a job elsewhere.

    Your "other" possibilities don't hold water compared to the obvious one. Elway simply didn't want Tebow and got rid of him as quickly as he could.

  12. #232
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...yea that Tebow is really a locker room cancer.

    I am sure that is why they shipped him out.

    Don't think Tebow would be the problem. It would be more like what many are worried about here, that there will be different "camps" in the locker room, some supporting one QB, some supporting the other.

    Don't even know that it would have happened, but can't say that it didn't play into the decision to trade Tebow.

    In short, only Elway and anyone he might have talked to about it really knows the reason or combination of reasons.

  13. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    That's very plausible. Another possibility is that, like in the real world, when someone gets demoted, they often get transferred or let go. Happens in the business world all the time.

    It's also what the Broncos did with Orton. He lost the starting job, they shipped him out. It reduces troubles in the locker room.

    Point being, there's any number of possibile explanations, not just the one you put forth.
    Unfortunately, in this particular situation, Stokes is right.

    Obviously, the Broncos brought Peyton Manning in because they know that Tim Tebow isn't a starting QB in the NFL. And, they sought to trade Tebow because they know he's not even a back-up QB in the NFL.

    The Jets and the Jaguars offered the same package of draft picks to the Broncos, so the Broncos gave Tebow the chance to choose which of those teams he's go to. Tebow chose the Jets because they guaranteed him the back-up QB job (something Jacksonville wasn't willing to do), and because he figured he'd have a good chance of ousting Mark Sanchez out of a job given the pressure that the NY media would put on the coaching staff, and the fickle nature and suspect football knowledge of Woody Johnson. Makes sense from Tebow's standpoint, probably a good decision.

    But, bottom line is, if John Elway thought Tebow had what it takes to even be a back-up QB, Tebow would still be in Denver.

  14. #234
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Don't think Tebow would be the problem. It would be more like what many are worried about here, that there will be different "camps" in the locker room, some supporting one QB, some supporting the other.

    Don't even know that it would have happened, but can't say that it didn't play into the decision to trade Tebow.

    In short, only Elway and anyone he might have talked to about it really knows the reason or combination of reasons.
    LOL...so what players would have been in the Tebow camp and NOT the Manning camp?? Thats some funny stuff.

  15. #235
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Don't think Tebow would be the problem. It would be more like what many are worried about here, that there will be different "camps" in the locker room, some supporting one QB, some supporting the other.

    Don't even know that it would have happened, but can't say that it didn't play into the decision to trade Tebow.

    In short, only Elway and anyone he might have talked to about it really knows the reason or combination of reasons.
    Some receivers might have been really mad that they had to endure Peyton Manning when they could have Tebow...True story

  16. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...so what players would have been in the Tebow camp and NOT the Manning camp?? Thats some funny stuff.
    You're absolutely right. There would have been no "Tebow camp" in Denver.

  17. #237
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Unfortunately, in this particular situation, Stokes is right.
    He might be right, and I don't think I've said otherwise.


    Obviously, the Broncos brought Peyton Manning in because they know that Tim Tebow isn't a starting QB in the NFL. And, they sought to trade Tebow because they know he's not even a back-up QB in the NFL.
    The only thing that is obvious is that they thought Peyton was a better QB. We don't know why they traded Tebow.



    The Jets and the Jaguars offered the same package of draft picks to the Broncos, so the Broncos gave Tebow the chance to choose which of those teams he's go to. Tebow chose the Jets because they guaranteed him the back-up QB job (something Jacksonville wasn't willing to do), and because he figured he'd have a good chance of ousting Mark Sanchez out of a job given the pressure that the NY media would put on the coaching staff, and the fickle nature and suspect football knowledge of Woody Johnson. Makes sense from Tebow's standpoint, probably a good decision.
    Think it also helped that Rex actually wanted him, while in Jax, it seems that the coaches were reluctant, and it was driven by the owner. I know I'd rather go to where I had the faith and support of the coach.


    But, bottom line is, if John Elway thought Tebow had what it takes to even be a back-up QB, Tebow would still be in Denver.
    Again, I don't think we "know" that, as there are other very plausible possibilities.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 08-15-2012 at 05:25 PM.

  18. #238
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    That's very plausible. Another possibility is that, like in the real world, when someone gets demoted, they often get transferred or let go. Happens in the business world all the time.
    NO--it does NOT because this isn't "the real world", this isn't "the business world".

    A manager get's let go when he gets layered because there are 50 kids just as talented as he is ready to take his place for a LOT less money. He's not needed anymore

    This is a back-up NFL quarterback we're talking about--NOT the real world OR the business world.

    You KEEP a valued young cheap backup that someday is going to take over for the aging starting quarterback because good QBs are DIFFICULT to find. There aren't 50 really good guys waiting in the wings like in business--if you have a WINNER you keep him.

    But apparently in Tebow's case, he's not a winner.

    I'm sorry, that's an awful (and silly) analogy.

    _

  19. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    He might be right, and I don't think I've said otherwise.




    The only thing that is obvious is that they thought Peyton was a better QB. We don't know why they traded Tebow.





    Think it also helped that Rex actually wanted him, while in Jax, it seems that the coaches were reluctant, and it was driven by the owner. I know I'd rather go to where I had the faith and support of the coach.

    You may not know it. Or, you may choose not to believe it because you have some other agenda.

    But knowledgeable football fans know it.

    Please insert more of your inane pro-Tebow arguments below:

  20. #240
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...so what players would have been in the Tebow camp and NOT the Manning camp?? Thats some funny stuff.
    Well, Von Miller seemed absolutely heartbroken when it first came about. I don't mean that guys would have been saying that Tebow should start. But it still could have been problematic in the clubhouse if he had stayed there.

    What I think is that Elway wanted "his guy" there and he basically cleared the floor for him. Isn't the path that I would have taken, but can completely understand it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us