Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 398

Thread: Tebow under center.

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Well, Von Miller seemed absolutely heartbroken when it first came about. I don't mean that guys would have been saying that Tebow should start. But it still could have been problematic in the clubhouse if he had stayed there.

    What I think is that Elway wanted "his guy" there and he basically cleared the floor for him. Isn't the path that I would have taken, but can completely understand it.
    There would have been absolutely no controversy, and absolutely no problem in the lockerroom had Tebow stayed in Denver.

    The only reason he's on the Jets is because John Elway and the rest of the Bronco organization thinks that Tebow is not even worthy of a back-up QB role.

    You're free to differ with that opinion if you'd like. But that is the opinion of the Broncos organization after having him on their team for two seasons.

  2. #242
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Well, Von Miller seemed absolutely heartbroken when it first came about. I don't mean that guys would have been saying that Tebow should start. But it still could have been problematic in the clubhouse if he had stayed there.

    What I think is that Elway wanted "his guy" there and he basically cleared the floor for him. Isn't the path that I would have taken, but can completely understand it.
    LOL...the funny thing is that you ACTUALLY believe this. Believe me Von Miller is a happy man now that he and his defense do not have to play perfect defense anymore to win games. Again, the notion that there would have a divided locker room in regards to Tebow and Manning is one of the most laughable notions I have heard in a while. See, this is what happens when you are not really a fan of a team and just follow a player around.

  3. #243
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    There would have been absolutely no controversy, and absolutely no problem in the lockerroom had Tebow stayed in Denver.

    The only reason he's on the Jets is because John Elway and the rest of the Bronco organization thinks that Tebow is not even worthy of a back-up QB role.

    You're free to differ with that opinion if you'd like. But that is the opinion of the Broncos organization after having him on their team for two seasons.
    Jax said he would be the 3rd string QB also if traded there

  4. #244
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    NO--it does NOT because this isn't "the real world", this isn't "the business world".

    A manager get's let go when he gets layered because there are 50 kids just as talented as he is ready to take his place for a LOT less money. He's not needed anymore

    This is a back-up NFL quarterback we're talking about--NOT the real world OR the business world.

    You KEEP a valued young cheap backup that someday is going to take over for the aging starting quarterback because good QBs are DIFFICULT to find. There aren't 50 really good guys waiting in the wings like in business--if you have a WINNER you keep him.

    But apparently in Tebow's case, he's not a winner.

    I'm sorry, that's an awful (and silly) analogy.

    _

    Managers get let go for many reasons. You familiar with The Peter Principle ? Say you take your best machinist and you promote him to shop foreman. Turns out that while he's a great machinist, he's not a people person and doesn't do well at the job. So, you bring someone else in, and in many cases, you let the former foreman go, even though he still has worth as a machinist.

    Or, perhaps an assistant manager was promoted and couldn't handle the added responsibilities. He'd often be let go as well.

    I'm not saying that this happens in all companies as there are different points of view/beliefs on this one. It's kind of like giving a 2 weeks notice. Some companies say "thanks for letting us know" and they let you work the last 2 weeks out, while other companies say "thanks for telling us, now please exit the building".

    As to you statement about who you would definitely keep, and how rare good QBs are, same can be said about good coaches. Hue Jackson has a good reputation and very well could be a great head coach, be the Raiders got a new GM and Jackson got canned. Does that mean Hue Jackson isn't a good coach ? Nope, just means that the new GM has other ideas and wants to go in a different direction.

  5. #245
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Managers get let go for many reasons. You familiar with The Peter Principle ? Say you take your best machinist and you promote him to shop foreman. Turns out that while he's a great machinist, he's not a people person and doesn't do well at the job. So, you bring someone else in, and in many cases, you let the former foreman go, even though he still has worth as a machinist.

    Or, perhaps an assistant manager was promoted and couldn't handle the added responsibilities. He'd often be let go as well.

    I'm not saying that this happens in all companies as there are different points of view/beliefs on this one. It's kind of like giving a 2 weeks notice. Some companies say "thanks for letting us know" and they let you work the last 2 weeks out, while other companies say "thanks for telling us, now please exit the building".



    As to you statement about who you would definitely keep, and how rare good QBs are, same can be said about good coaches. Hue Jackson has a good reputation and very well could be a great head coach, be the Raiders got a new GM and Jackson got canned. Does that mean Hue Jackson isn't a good coach ? Nope, just means that the new GM has other ideas and wants to go in a different direction.

    And awayyyyy we go. Just stick to your divided locker room theory.

  6. #246
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    You're absolutely right. There would have been no "Tebow camp" in Denver.
    WRONG!

    There was a camp--the camp of religious freaks and non/football fans that follow Tebow around from team to team to team like parasites.

    Did Pat Robertson give a sh*t about Manning being cut by the Colts?

    NO—he gave a sh*t about the treatment of poor Tim Tebow.

    THAT’S the camp that would have created the issue—the players universally disliked him—Elway knew he sucked as a QB and couldn’t be fixed and HAD to get rid of the whole Tebow circus—ironically it’s as if Manning was a gift from God. There was no one else Elway could have dumped Tebow for OTHER than Manning.

    Even if Manning never plays a down this year in the regular season, Elway should win executive of the year for getting rid of the sideshow.

    _

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Jax said he would be the 3rd string QB also if traded there
    Exactly.

    Tebow didn't want to be the third string QB on the Jaguars, so he chose to be the second string QB on the Jets.

    That's exactly what I said in my previous post. But thanks for reiterating that for me.

  8. #248
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    There would have been absolutely no controversy, and absolutely no problem in the lockerroom had Tebow stayed in Denver.

    The only reason he's on the Jets is because John Elway and the rest of the Bronco organization thinks that Tebow is not even worthy of a back-up QB role.

    You're free to differ with that opinion if you'd like. But that is the opinion of the Broncos organization after having him on their team for two seasons.
    Really ? Did Elway call you on the phone and tell you that ? Were you sitting in the room when the discussions were being held ?

    That's awfully presumptive of you to tell us all what was definitely in the minds of John Elway and the Broncos organization.

  9. #249
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    WRONG!

    There was a camp--the camp of religious freaks and non/football fans that follow Tebow around from team to team to team like parasites.

    Did Pat Robertson give a sh*t about Manning being cut by the Colts?

    NO—he gave a sh*t about the treatment of poor Tim Tebow.

    THAT’S the camp that would have created the issue—the players universally disliked him—Elway knew he sucked as a QB and couldn’t be fixed and HAD to get rid of the whole Tebow circus—ironically it’s as if Manning was a gift from God. There was no one else Elway could have dumped Tebow for OTHER than Manning.

    Even if Manning never plays a down this year in the regular season, Elway should win executive of the year for getting rid of the sideshow.

    _
    The players universally disliked him ? What crack have you been smoking ??

  10. #250
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Managers get let go for many reasons. You familiar with The Peter Principle ? Say you take your best machinist and you promote him to shop foreman. Turns out that while he's a great machinist, he's not a people person and doesn't do well at the job. So, you bring someone else in, and in many cases, you let the former foreman go, even though he still has worth as a machinist.

    Or, perhaps an assistant manager was promoted and couldn't handle the added responsibilities. He'd often be let go as well.

    I'm not saying that this happens in all companies as there are different points of view/beliefs on this one. It's kind of like giving a 2 weeks notice. Some companies say "thanks for letting us know" and they let you work the last 2 weeks out, while other companies say "thanks for telling us, now please exit the building".

    As to you statement about who you would definitely keep, and how rare good QBs are, same can be said about good coaches. Hue Jackson has a good reputation and very well could be a great head coach, be the Raiders got a new GM and Jackson got canned. Does that mean Hue Jackson isn't a good coach ? Nope, just means that the new GM has other ideas and wants to go in a different direction.
    This is moronic.

    This isn't business, a shop foreman, a machinist.

    This is the NFL--you KEEP promising young cheap QBs.

    Unless they aren't promising.

    You're analogy about coaches is just...I don't know where to begin how wrong that analogy is.

    _

  11. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    WRONG!

    There was a camp--the camp of religious freaks and non/football fans that follow Tebow around from team to team to team like parasites.

    Did Pat Robertson give a sh*t about Manning being cut by the Colts?

    NO—he gave a sh*t about the treatment of poor Tim Tebow.

    THAT’S the camp that would have created the issue—the players universally disliked him—Elway knew he sucked as a QB and couldn’t be fixed and HAD to get rid of the whole Tebow circus—ironically it’s as if Manning was a gift from God. There was no one else Elway could have dumped Tebow for OTHER than Manning.

    Even if Manning never plays a down this year in the regular season, Elway should win executive of the year for getting rid of the sideshow.

    _
    I meant there would have been no "Tebow Camp" in the lockerroom.

    However, your points about the media and the religious zealots are well taken.

  12. #252
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    The players universally disliked him ? What crack have you been smoking ??
    The defense disliked him because he got all the glory and they got no credit. His receivers disliked him because he sucks.

    No one in Denver was crying any tears about him leaving and him taking the entire circus act with him.

    That's how we ended up with you.

    _

  13. #253
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    I meant there would have been no "Tebow Camp" in the lockerroom.

    However, your points about the media and the religious zealots are well taken.
    I know, I was agreeing with you.

    _

  14. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Really ? Did Elway call you on the phone and tell you that ? Were you sitting in the room when the discussions were being held ?

    That's awfully presumptive of you to tell us all what was definitely in the minds of John Elway and the Broncos organization.
    If the Broncos, after having seen Tebow play and practice for two seasons, thought he'd be a legitimate back-up QB, he'd be on the Broncos today.

    Please insert more delusionary comments below:

  15. #255
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Really ? Did Elway call you on the phone and tell you that ? Were you sitting in the room when the discussions were being held ?

    That's awfully presumptive of you to tell us all what was definitely in the minds of John Elway and the Broncos organization.
    Well to any logical person who isnt worshiping the player that got traded, it is extremely plausible they let him go because they didnt feel like he could play as a back up.

    But I guess we could say it was because there would have been a divided locker room, you know the players supporting Tebow and NOT the HOF top 5 QB of all time. That makes entirely more sense.

  16. #256
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Really ? Did Elway call you on the phone and tell you that ? Were you sitting in the room when the discussions were being held ?

    That's awfully presumptive of you to tell us all what was definitely in the minds of John Elway and the Broncos organization.
    So none of the rumors about Elway really really really not liking Tebow were true?

    Just made up stuff out of the ether?

    Ya, okay--we need a phone call from Elway to believe any of that stuff.

    Sorry, that's not the way life works. Stuff gets out all the time without anyone ever going on record about it.

    _

  17. #257
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    The defense disliked him because he got all the glory and they got no credit. His receivers disliked him because he sucks.

    No one in Denver was crying any tears about him leaving and him taking the entire circus act with him.

    That's how we ended up with you.

    _

    Really ? Last I checked, Von Miller, Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins were on that defense and none of them disliked him.

    Quote from Champ after the trade:

    Just roll with it, you can't stop it. The one thing that made it easy to deal with was the way he handled it. He handled it with a lot of class, very professional. I love him to death. He's a great kid. I wish him the best. Whatever he gets, he deserves.
    Got any more **** you want to spout ?

  18. #258
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Really ? Last I checked, Von Miller, Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins were on that defense and none of them disliked him.

    Quote from Champ after the trade:



    Got any more **** you want to spout ?
    So are those the guys that would have been in the "Tebow camp"?

  19. #259
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Well to any logical person who isnt worshiping the player that got traded, it is extremely plausible they let him go because they didnt feel like he could play as a back up.

    But I guess we could say it was because there would have been a divided locker room, you know the players supporting Tebow and NOT the HOF top 5 QB of all time. That makes entirely more sense.
    And I said a couple of times in the beginning of this discussion that this was extremely plausible.

    Jesus, why don't people read around here and reply to what is actually typed on the page, instead of just seeing what they want to see ?

    I clearly said that this view was plausible. I also said that other explanations are plausible as well, and that Elway is the only one who really knows.

  20. #260
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    And I said a couple of times in the beginning of this discussion that this was extremely plausible.

    Jesus, why don't people read around here and reply to what is actually typed on the page, instead of just seeing what they want to see ?

    I clearly said that this view was plausible. I also said that other explanations are plausible as well, and that Elway is the only one who really knows.
    Except that the other explanation you gave, the whole divided locker room theory, is about as ridiculous as they come.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us