Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Tebow under center.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    The argument was made that the locker room would become divided... That players, who show up only to compete at the highest level, would become divided because a fraction or percentage of the locker room would show support for Tim Tebow to start over Peyton Manning...

That's the argument being made here...
    That wasn't the point. If my statements implied that, then my mistake, I should have been more clear.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    The argument was made that the locker room would become divided... That players, who show up only to compete at the highest level, would become divided because a fraction or percentage of the locker room would show support for Tim Tebow to start over Peyton Manning...

That's the argument being made here...

That NFL players would show contempt that their team signed and chose to start Peyton Manning over Tim Tebow...

I'm going to leave this thread and never return because there is simply no possible reason that somebody sat there and typed that out with a straight face... Nobody and I mean nobody is that f v c king stupid...
    It's...insanely laughable.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Insanely laughable like applying the Peter Principal to NFL quarterbacks or suggesting that Elway was concerned about a rift in the lockeroom with Peyton Manning as any possible reason for dumping him for nothing?

THAT'S insanely laughable.

Nobody cried when Tebow was traded, except Pat Robertson.

_

He didn't dump him for nothing, they got a 4th round pick out of it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Jordy, here's a bit from an LA Times article that talks about the issue:

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-09-...co-quarterback
    You bolded the wrong part, Demos. This is what shouldve been bolded

"But the thing I'm disappointed in is that we've got to quit having him run. I'm not sure he has confidence that we're going to protect him."
    Elway ran because of the exact reason I mentioned. His team sucked, they couldn't protect him, so he tried to make plays anyway he could. That's a scrambler.

Tebow runs when his 1st option is a no go. Completely different styles.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, the guy you've compared to Steve Young and John Elway only brought a 4th rounder?

Yeah, that's something.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Elway dumped him below standard value. Come on, you know that.

The going rate for a young, back up-to-starter QB is a 2nd rounder. Ask Fin fans. They've traded a bunch of 2nd rounders for those types.

The fact that Elway traded Tebow for a 4th is telling, especially after the drafting him with a mid 1st.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, you don't need to have players wishing for Tebow to start for there to be division/fracture in the locker room. That's the point I made with the Holmes/Sanchez example.
    LOL......The fact you think there would have been ANY type of distraction in Denver just shows what an absolute Tebow homer you are. You have to be the only person on earth who would think that there would have been a divided locker room between Tebow and Manning.

Your Holmes/Sanchez example, much like most of your examples is in no way shape or form relevant. Not even in the same universe. Please give it up. You are embarrassing yourself. I dont even think Tebow himself would believe there would be a divided locker room.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    So, the guy you've compared to Steve Young and John Elway only brought a 4th rounder?

Yeah, that's something.

_

Look at another trade the Broncos did last year. They traded Brandon Lloyd for a 5th round pick. He wasn't injured or anything like that. The previous season, he had 1,448 yards and 11 touchdowns in production.

That's not someone with potential, it's someone who put up massive production and still has years of playing time left, yet the dealt him for a 5th rounder.

Also, if you followed the draft this year, you saw Denver make some trades that were just mind boggling. It was fine with people that they traded back/down in the draft, but many were furious about the returns that Denver got in their trades. That they didn't get the value that they should have.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL......The fact you think there would have been ANY type of distraction in Denver just shows what an absolute Tebow homer you are. You have to be the only person on earth who would think that there would have been a divided locker room between Tebow and Manning.

Your Holmes/Sanchez example, much like most of your examples is in no way shape or form relevant. Not even in the same universe. Please give it up. You are embarrassing yourself. I dont even think Tebow himself would believe there would be a divided locker room.
    +1

The Tebow/Manning divided lockerroom concept AND any comparisons between a young John Elway's style and Tebow's style are completely unfounded and inconsequential and based in masturbatory hypotheses and delusion.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You bolded the wrong part, Demos. This is what shouldve been bolded

Elway ran because of the exact reason I mentioned. His team sucked, they couldn't protect him, so he tried to make plays anyway he could. That's a scrambler.

Tebow runs when his 1st option is a no go. Completely different styles.
    Reeves problem was that Elway scrambled/ran instead of throwing to checkdowns.

As for Tebow, again, it depends. At times, he pulls the ball down and runs, but other times, he scrambles, extends the play and passes. I never said that they were the exact same style.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Tebow, again, it depends. At times, he pulls the ball down and runs, but other times, he scrambles, extends the play and passes. I never said that they were the exact same style.
    You're very adept at spinning conversations.

This whole premise started with you saying that Tebow is not a pocket passer and that he's a scambling QB and that's part of the reason Elway didn't want him. Because he doesn't like that style. You went on to say how surprising that was because early in his career, Elway was a scrambler and that Dan Reeves fought with him to get him to stop.

SMC gave you very good examples of why this comparison is ridiculous. But you continue to press on as if Elway and Tebow had/have something in common.

Stop it. They don't. Reeves didn't want Elway, his expensive franchise QB, to get injured. He was a pocket passer with scrambling abilities. Tebow is not a pocket passer. He's a RB who can throw the ball better than most RB's. The Jets aren't worried about Tebow running because he's built like a FB. Elway wasn't built like a FB.

You never give up. WTF is your agenda? To beat us into submission? You're not changing anyone's mind...obviously. This is just mental masturbation for you and you apparently enjoy toying with people on message boards.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL.....they couldnt be any more different in style. Other than both having legs and arms, thats about where it ends in comparing Elway and Tebow. But I am sure you will tell us how similar they are and dig up some articles from 1984, and bold them in red for us and continue your incessant Tebow love fest.

Are you Tim's father?? Because that would at least explain a little of your delusion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL.....they couldnt be any more different in style. Other than both having legs and arms, thats about where it ends in comparing Elway and Tebow. But I am sure you will tell us how similar they are and dig up some articles from 1984, and bold them in red for us and continue your incessant Tebow love fest.

Are you Tim's father?? Because that would at least explain a little of your delusion.
    I thought Tim was the product of immaculate conception? He has real parents? Of this world?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    +1

The Tebow/Manning divided lockerroom concept AND any comparisons between a young John Elway's style and Tebow's style are completely unfounded and inconsequential and based in masturbatory hypotheses and delusion.

Jordy, I was following the Broncos when they signed Manning. I was there on the message boards when questions arose about Tebow's future and whether he would be traded. I read the stories in various outlets, asking if Peyton and Tebow could co-exist, or if it would cause friction in the locker room.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordy, I was following the Broncos when they signed Manning. I was there on the message boards when questions arose about Tebow's future and whether he would be traded. I read the stories in various outlets, asking if Peyton and Tebow could co-exist, or if it would cause friction in the locker room.
    Exactly. Conjecture coming from message board doofuses and media nerds, just like we have in NY, who've probably never wore a pair of shoulder pads in their lives. It was conjecture and speculation.

I gurantee you that if you polled the players, 99% of them would have had no problem whatsoever. Maybe Von Miller has a candlelit Tebow shrine in his locker.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, so you weren't in the locker room?? Shocking.

Please show us the articles that claimed the players would have been divided between Tebow and Manning.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're very adept at spinning conversations.

This whole premise started with you saying that Tebow is not a pocket passer and that he's a scambling QB and that's part of the reason Elway didn't want him. Because he doesn't like that style. You went on to say how surprising that was because early in his career, Elway was a scrambler and that Dan Reeves fought with him to get him to stop.

SMC gave you very good examples of why this comparison is ridiculous. But you continue to press on as if Elway and Tebow had/have something in common.

Stop it. They don't. Reeves didn't want Elway, his expensive franchise QB, to get injured. He was a pocket passer with scrambling abilities. Tebow is not a pocket passer. He's a RB who can throw the ball better than most RB's. The Jets aren't worried about Tebow running because he's built like a FB. Elway wasn't built like a FB.

You never give up. WTF is your agenda? To beat us into submission? You're not changing anyone's mind...obviously. This is just mental masturbation for you and you apparently enjoy toying with people on message boards.
    Good lord. The overall point that I was making was that Elway wanted a "stand in the pocket and throw it passer" That was his big fight with Reeves.

Elway said he wants to "help Tim in every way I can, to be able to improve through what I learned."

And that was this: Mobility is great, but to compete for a championship, you have to become a pocket passer. That's what Elway learned late in his career, which he capped with back-to-back Super Bowl titles after losing the big game three times.

"Hopefully, I can teach him what I learned over my 16-year career," Elway said, "to be able to tell him what I learned in Year 10, hopefully get that to him in Year 3 or 4."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz23kPXgzwy
    If you don't like the source, here it is from a news outlet in Denver:

Broncos Vice President of Football Operations John Elway promised to personally work with Tebow this offseason to polish his passing game and help him become a better quarterback -- namely, to become a pocket passer.

That's what Elway learned late in his career, which he capped with back-to-back Super Bowl titles after losing the big game three times.

"Hopefully, I can teach him what I learned over my 16-year career," Elway said, "to be able to tell him what I learned in Year 10, hopefully get that to him in Year 3 or 4."

Or how about the Chicago Sun Times ?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...arting-qb.html

Elway said he wants to show Tebow what he learned, which was this: Mobility is great, but to compete for a championship, you have to become a pocket passer. That’s what Elway learned late in his career, which he capped with successive Super Bowl titles after losing the big game three times.

The FACT is that Tebow's style is very similar to Elway's. Tebow runs the ball more of course, but if Elway saw 10 open yards in front of him, he'd tuck it down and run as well. Both guys would scramble away from the "protection schemes" and try to extend plays.

Elway was a much better passer of course, and had a much stronger arm, but they were indeed very similar.
    “Hopefully, I can teach him what I learned over my 16-year career,” Elway said, “to be able to tell him what I learned in Year 10, hopefully get that to him in year 3 or 4.”[/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Gotta love when we voice an opinion on why Elway did something--based upon numerous reports and rumors--we get asked "Did Elway call you?"

Yet Demo actually has to make up stuff that NO ONE has ever heard about, nor even THOUGHT about, to make his point.

A rift in the lockeroom?

Embarrassing.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good lord. The overall point that I was making was that Elway wanted a "stand in the pocket and throw it passer"
    Honest question--do you REALLY think Elway traded Tewow because he wasn't a pocket passer?

Honestly--no BS, no arguing for the sake of argument.

Is that what you REALLY think?

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Elway dumped him below standard value. Come on, you know that.

The going rate for a young, back up-to-starter QB is a 2nd rounder. Ask Fin fans. They've traded a bunch of 2nd rounders for those types.

The fact that Elway traded Tebow for a 4th is telling, especially after the drafting him with a mid 1st.
    Actually it was a 4th, swapped a 7th for a 6th and 1.2 million in back contract money ...

And I'm pretty sure I remember Jacksonville offering more but still ended up going to the Jets because they said they allowed Tebow to choose, which may or may have not been true.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 08-16-2012 at 05:51 PM.