Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 381 to 398 of 398

Thread: Tebow under center.

  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Just a Bleacher Report,

    <snip>

    _

    None of that speaks to anything that we were discussing Stokes.

  2. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    You have made some of the stupidest statements in the history of JI in this thread.

    Tebow is like a young Elway or Young?

    Tebow would have created a rift in the lockeroom--with Peyton Manning?

    Elway didn't like Tebow because of how Dan Reeves treated him?

    YOU should just man up and go away. It's all opinion and your man-love for the guy ain't changing why Elway dumped his ass.

    _

    Jesus, you're being daft and bordering on ignorant.

    Tebow like a young Elway or Steve Young ? YES, I'm not the first or the only one to make the comparison. There are differences, to be sure (both Elway and Young could pass the ball being the biggest one).

    Could there have been some issues in the locker room ? Again, yes, I'm not the first or only one to bring that up. It's why sports guys were asking "Can Tebow and Manning co-exist" ?

    As for your last statement, that's an ignorant and flawed interpretation by you. What I said is that Elway wanted a conventional pocket passer, which was ironic seeing as how he and Reeves fought over that very thing.

    If you will, it's kind of like how a boy and his father might but heads on things, but when the boy grows up, he tends to have the same view that his father did.

    Put more directly, your father probably had views and opinions that you disagreed with when you were young, but when you got older, you changed somewhere along the line and ended up holding the same opinion.

    THAT is what the Elway/Reeves comment was about.

  3. #383
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,094
    having read JW's listen up post... I choose to not get involved in this pissing match

  4. #384
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Jesus, you're being daft and bordering on ignorant.

    Tebow like a young Elway or Steve Young ? YES, I'm not the first or the only one to make the comparison. There are differences, to be sure (both Elway and Young could pass the ball being the biggest one).

    Could there have been some issues in the locker room ? Again, yes, I'm not the first or only one to bring that up. It's why sports guys were asking "Can Tebow and Manning co-exist" ?

    As for your last statement, that's an ignorant and flawed interpretation by you. What I said is that Elway wanted a conventional pocket passer, which was ironic seeing as how he and Reeves fought over that very thing.

    If you will, it's kind of like how a boy and his father might but heads on things, but when the boy grows up, he tends to have the same view that his father did.

    Put more directly, your father probably had views and opinions that you disagreed with when you were young, but when you got older, you changed somewhere along the line and ended up holding the same opinion.

    THAT is what the Elway/Reeves comment was about.
    And you are being purposefully naive.

    If you think Elway traded Tebow because he wasn't a pocket passer--you're wrong and if you think it had ANYTHING to do with Reeves treament of him, that's beyond daft or ignorant.

    Elway wanted NOTHING to do with Tebow--was looking for ANY excuse to trade him.

    Manning was--ironically--a gift from heaven.

    You are seriously being purposefully naive here.

    Which is okay.

    _

  5. #385
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    having read JW's listen up post... I choose to not get involved in this pissing match
    Good move.

    It's like this guy is Tebow's father.

    _

  6. #386
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,928
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    You have made some of the stupidest statements in the history of JI in this thread.

    Tebow is like a young Elway or Young?

    Tebow would have created a rift in the lockeroom--with Peyton Manning?

    Elway didn't like Tebow because of how Dan Reeves treated him?

    YOU should just man up and go away. It's all opinion and your man-love for the guy ain't changing why Elway dumped his ass.

    _
    I think anyone who has read this disaster of a thread realizes that this guy is off his rocker and in La La land. Hopefully a mod can put this thread out of its misery because Demo will continue to spout off regardless if he is making a coherent thought or not. He just can not bear not having the last word regardless if his point is logical or even feasible.

    Time to end this debacle.

  7. #387
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think anyone who has read this disaster of a thread realizes that this guy is off his rocker and in La La land. Hopefully a mod can put this thread out of its misery because Demo will continue to spout off regardless if he is making a coherent thought or not. He just can not bear not having the last word regardless if his point is logical or even feasible.

    Time to end this debacle.
    Yeah, I'm done here. There has not been a single coherent thought expressed by this guy, yet he continues to call ME stupid/daft/ignorant.

    It's like he's Tebow's father.

    Done- have a good time Demo with your grand delusions.

    Tebow is the next Steve Young and John Elway combined. Can't believe Denver traded him--Manning could have been Tebow's Montana.

    _

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    And you are being purposefully naive.

    If you think Elway traded Tebow because he wasn't a pocket passer--you're wrong and if you think it had ANYTHING to do with Reeves treament of him, that's beyond daft or ignorant.

    Elway wanted NOTHING to do with Tebow--was looking for ANY excuse to trade him.

    Manning was--ironically--a gift from heaven.

    You are seriously being purposefully naive here.

    Which is okay.

    _

    Stokes, I certainly agree that Manning was a gift from heaven for Elway. I also agree that Elway wanted nothing to do with Tebow. We disagree as to why.

    I say that it's because Elway wanted a traditional pocket passer and he wanted him immediately. In my view, if Jake Plummer was still playing and was with Denver, Elway would have sought to trade him as well. He doesn't want a scrambling or running QB who works outside the pocket a good amount of the time. He wants a guy that will stand in there til the last minute, and who will throw it away if no one is open.

    Question: Why not keep Tebow and develop him as the #2, or use him in other ways as just about everybody on the planet agrees, even right now, he is a weapon if you use him correctly.

    Its certainly possible that Elway doesn't think Tebow will ever be a good NFL QB. But that doesn't explain why he couldn't keep him as a RB/TE, short yardage specialist.

    This is where the "locker room division" could indeed provide at least part of the answer.

    If you go back through my posts, you'll see that I haven't stated a definitive reason as to why Elway let Tebow go. I've stated plausible explanations that make sense, and I've also stated that we really don't know, as Elway hasn't stated his reasoning and no reported has provided "the inside scoop" as to why.

    Forgive me if I happen to think that this is a more than reasonable and correct position to take, as opposed to stating rather emphatically that I definitely know exactly what Elway thought, which is the position that you have decided to take.

  9. #389
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post

    Question: Why not keep Tebow and develop him as the #2, or use him in other ways as just about everybody on the planet agrees, even right now, he is a weapon if you use him correctly.

    Its certainly possible that Elway doesn't think Tebow will ever be a good NFL QB. But that doesn't explain why he couldn't keep him as a RB/TE, short yardage specialist.

    This is where the "locker room division" could indeed provide at least part of the answer.

    If you go back through my posts, you'll see that I haven't stated a definitive reason as to why Elway let Tebow go. I've stated plausible explanations that make sense, and I've also stated that we really don't know, as Elway hasn't stated his reasoning and no reported has provided "the inside scoop" as to why.
    No, you've throw out delusional reasons other than the most obvious.

    If Tebow was the weapon, the nice guy, the prospective star, the non-fanatic/circus act that you are positing, then there is no WAY Elway trades him.

    But he did. He didn't like him as a player OR as a circus act.

    If you don't think THOSE are the most plausible reasons, then you are being intentionally naive.

    Now, go get the last word in like you feel compelled to do.

    _

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    No, you've throw out delusional reasons other than the most obvious.

    If Tebow was the weapon, the nice guy, the prospective star, the non-fanatic/circus act that you are positing, then there is no WAY Elway trades him.

    But he did. He didn't like him as a player OR as a circus act.

    If you don't think THOSE are the most plausible reasons, then you are being intentionally naive.

    Now, go get the last word in like you feel compelled to do.

    _

    You know, it's kind of funny how you always seem to respond to a post, and then talk about my need to get the last word in.

    As to Tebow, if you ask most people, even knowledgeable ones, they will indeed say that Tebow is a weapon, the nice guy, the prospective star. Their only question really is whether he is or can be a starting QB in the NFL.

    Hell, even Mark Schlereth, one of his most vocal critics, agrees that he is a weapon, a nice guy, and a hell of a football player and has said so.

  11. #391
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,268
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think anyone who has read this disaster of a thread realizes that this guy is off his rocker and in La La land. Hopefully a mod can put this thread out of its misery because Demo will continue to spout off regardless if he is making a coherent thought or not. He just can not bear not having the last word regardless if his point is logical or even feasible.

    Time to end this debacle.
    Pretty much sums it up.

    There is no beginning and there is no end.

    And when you love someone so much, it matters not what others say. No matter how ugly they are inside or out.

  12. #392
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Pretty much sums it up.

    There is no beginning and there is no end.

    And when you love someone so much, it matters not what others say. No matter how ugly they are inside or out.
    Exactly--when someone doesn't want to face the most probable, the most likley, the most generally accepted answer, they'll grasp at anything, create the most improbable of solutions and try to convince the world it's plausible.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA
    _

  13. #393
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Good move.

    It's like this guy is Tebow's father.

    _
    I read somewhere that Tebows father is a virgin.

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Exactly--when someone doesn't want to face the most probable, the most likley, the most generally accepted answer, they'll grasp at anything, create the most improbable of solutions and try to convince the world it's plausible.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA
    _
    Ah, so now you've gone down from certainty to "the most probable". Laughable.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You know, it's kind of funny how you always seem to respond to a post, and then talk about my need to get the last word in.

    As to Tebow, if you ask most people, even knowledgeable ones, they will indeed say that Tebow is a weapon, the nice guy, the prospective star. Their only question really is whether he is or can be a starting QB in the NFL.

    Hell, even Mark Schlereth, one of his most vocal critics, agrees that he is a weapon, a nice guy, and a hell of a football player and has said so.
    And now he's an unemployed weapon. Can't wait to see this clown file for unemployment LOLOLOLOLOLOLZ

  16. #396
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566
    he flat out refuses to change positions and was offered a back up job by a CFL team....the league can't all be wrong....our eyes can't be wrong...as a fellow Gator I like Tebow but he truly needs to grasp reality right now.



    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    i noticed that too. tebow has a lot of work to do to become an NFL QB

  17. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    can you explain to me this idea of "under center" one more time.

    I'm not sure I get it.

    Thanks.
    Is Under Center something to do with that gay basketball player who plays center?

  18. #398
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,203
    Poor form

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us