Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow under center.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    He does. I'm glad we have Sanchez who can teach him what it takes to be an NFL QB.
    But that's just it, he is learning himself.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    On a separate note Ė anyone who watches the game can see the kid doesnít have a thoroughbred arm. He has a windmill windup and wings the ball around. On more than one occasion he was long or short on some of his throws. A lot of people regurgitate what others say, but in this case itís pretty apparent.
    I've heard that's easily fixable.

Two weeks max and he's flicking it from his ear like Cutler.

_

Hall Of Fame
    I agree. Tebow looks great on his highlight reel.

Here is another gif:

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Here is another gif:
    So out of 22 snaps you decide to focus on an interception. Hope you do the same for every other interception that takes place for every quarterback from here to the end of the season.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by jets1981 View Post
    I remember watching this play live. Why isn't this a 15 yard penalty for the DB leaving his feet and hitting the head of the receiver? Can someone explain it to me?
    I think when a guy blows himself up they don't call it. It looks like he doesn't leave his feet before the actual collision. This gif makes up for the one of Tebow getting picked.

For those that may not know the difference I'll try my best to give a brief description. The rest of yous can skip the next 2 paragraphs. In "traditional" NFL offenses the quarterbacks are usually asked to take snaps from "under center", whereas college offenses, and today's more modern NFL offenses, are putting quarterbacks in some sort of "shotgun" position, anywhere from 3-7 steps back(shotgun, pistol, etc).
    What a bunch of pompous, pretentious, patronizing bull crap this was. Who the F**K are you to tell us what we know and don't know. There are 100 people here that have forgotten more football than you seem to think you know. Jeus what an ass

For your information the "shotgun" was the primary offense of the 20's 30's and 40's. It was just called the single wing back then, and it was a primary running formation. All the so called "wildcat" principals come from that offense.

The shotgun as a passing formation has been used in the NFL on a regular basis since the 50's. Spread offenses like the run and shoot have been use for 30 years, And the modern spread and empty formations came into favor when the Pats used it extensively and successfully against the great Steeler defenses in 2003 and beyond. But even then it wasn't exactly new.

Of course you must know all of this since you are here to tell the rest of us remedial football. Dude you are so full of yourself, you probably expect to be paid for your "insights" The best thing I have to say about your post was you have a keen sense of the obvious.

BTW- Tebow "under center" is a waste of his talents
    Last edited by HardKnocks; 08-13-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    So out of 22 snaps you decide to focus on an interception. Hope you do the same for every other interception that takes place for every quarterback from here to the end of the season.
    LOL. Kidding, right?

_

Quote Originally Posted by HardKnocks View Post
    What a bunch of pompous, pretentious, patronizing bull crap this was. Who the F**K are you to tell us what we know and don't know. There are 100 people here that have forgotten more football than you seem to think you know. Jeus what an ass

For your information the "shotgun" was the primary offense of the 20's 30's and 40's. It was just called the single wing back then, and it was a primary running formation. All the so called "wildcat" principals come from that offense.

The shotgun as a passing formation has been used in the NFL on a regular basis since the 50's. Spread offenses like the run and shoot have been use for 30 years, And the modern spread and empty formations came into favor when the Pats used it extensively and successfully against the great Steeler defenses in 2003 and beyond. But even then it wasn't exactly new.

Of course you must know all of this since you are here to tell the rest of us remedial football. Dude you are so full of yourself, you probably expect to be paid for your "insights" :rolleyes; The best thing I have to say about your post was you have a keen sense of the obvious.

BTW- Tebow "under center" is a waste of his talents
    What the hell are you talking about dude? I'm not being pompous. There are plenty of people who don't know the more in-depth aspects of football and I gave a general explanation of what I was talking about.

I even said, if you already know, you can skip that part. Calm down. Nobody was attacking your football IQ, but it's silly to assume everyone knows it and just begin talking about technical aspects some people may not understand at all. Just cause you know, doesn't mean everyone else does. Especially people that may be interested in Tebow and have become fans of football because of him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKnocks View Post
    LOL, I was waiting for someone to say this.

What a doosh.

_

Here is another gif:

I always love how Tebow only looks at one guy the whole time. Usually, if he can't find that guy, he just runs for his life. The Broncos basically said he was an idiot when it comes to football IQ.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

Here is another gif:

Horrible.

Even IF it made it through the coverage, it would have landed at the WRs feet.

Yikes.

Jets Insider VIP

Here is another gif:

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I always love how Tebow only looks at one guy the whole time. Usually, if he can't find that guy, he just runs for his life. The Broncos basically said he was an idiot when it comes to football IQ.
    The best part is that Devon Still (#75) sees Tebow staring at the receiver for so friggin' long that he actually gets so excited that he throws his arms up and jumps way too early and misses blocking the pass.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Hahaaa. True story!

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Here is another gif:

Whoa, only saw part of the game in a bar and didn't see that play The pass was obviously horrible but those mechanics are just brutal! He's on his front foot when the ball leaves his hand, with his back leg whipping around

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    What the hell are you talking about dude? I'm not being pompous. There are plenty of people who don't know the more in-depth aspects of football and I gave a general explanation of what I was talking about.

I even said, if you already know, you can skip that part. Calm down. Nobody was attacking your football IQ, but it's silly to assume everyone knows it and just begin talking about technical aspects some people may not understand at all. Just cause you know, doesn't mean everyone else does. Especially people that may be interested in Tebow and have become fans of football because of him.
    It's nice to have ANOTHER Tebow expert here to explain to us why he's so great and why we don't know anything.

The board was really lacking that.

_

All Pro
    I don't know how I ended up in the Team Tebow camp, I never saw that happening, but some of the criticism he gets on this board is just not well thought out and usually off-base.

His delivery is far from perfect, and it never will be perfect. What most of you guys don't seem to understand is that it doesn't have to be PERFECT. It just has to be consistent so that he knows where the ball is going every single time. I don't care how ugly it looks as long as the ball gets where it needs on time.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I don't know how I ended up in the Team Tebow camp, I never saw that happening, but some of the criticism he gets on this board is just not well thought out and usually off-base.

His delivery is far from perfect, and it never will be perfect. What most of you guys don't seem to understand is that it doesn't have to be PERFECT. It just has to be consistent so that he knows where the ball is going every single time. I don't care how ugly it looks as long as the ball gets where it needs on time.
    Tebows passes look bad. Sanchez's passes, while maybe more pleasant to look at, are more often errant than not too.

Thats why i wouldnt consider myself a tebow "fan", but think an argument can be made for Tebow having a better chance at success running the option, or wildcat, or whatever the technical term may be, in comparison to Sanchez trying to lead us through the air.

SMC certianly disagrees with this, and has even brought out collegiate %'s to prove his case, but i can still see the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Hahaaa. True story!

_
    hot tub time machine...let's go back to March just for fun...forget the bad mechanics...just football IQ

Former coach says throw away idea Tebow can pass
    Jets Blog
    By PAUL SCHWARTZ
    Last Updated: 8:46 AM, March 23, 2012
    Posted: 2:35 AM, March 23, 2012

More Print

There is nothing about the way Tim Tebow throws the football that suggests he will ever be more than a novelty act in the NFL, a career understudy, unless he dramatically alters his mechanics.
    So says a John Elway-confidant who has spoken with the Hall of Fame quarterback about Tebow’s time with the Broncos.
    “I think there’s things you can fix,’’ said the source, who did not want his name attached to any Tebow-bashing.
    UPDATES FROM OUR JETS BLOG
    WHY DID TEBOW PICK THE JETS?
    Elway, the Broncos executive vice president of football operations, instigated the signing of Peyton Manning, a move that instantly ushered in the end of Tebow’s short-lived Rocky Mountain high. Elway threw the bait in the water and the Jets were hooked, giving up two draft picks and $2.5 million to acquire Tebow and all the hysteria that comes with him, saying they will make him the backup to Mark Sanchez.
    Unless the requirements for the No. 2 quarterback include virtually no passing the Jets might be in trouble.
    “I’ve talked to John Elway several times about him, I told him you got all these guys working with him but trust me, they’re on the wrong path,’’ the source, a former NFL coach, told The Post. “His biggest problem is he carries the ball too high, when he carries the ball high on the back shoulder he has a long release, which means when he cocks the ball and throws it that ball is moving a lot, which is not going to help his accuracy, it’s going to hurt it. Nobody’s corrected that in him.
    “And he’s got a loose wrist, when he comes back with his wrist the ball is moving all over the place. You watch that ball, the nose is forward and then it’s sideways and then it’s up and it’s down, you can’t throw the ball that way. It’s correctable.’’
    The awkward throwing motion is not the only issue with Tebow, who starred in college at Florida using his formidable athletic gifts and the superior talents of those around him.
    “The guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed,’’ the source said. “He’s a great leader, 10 out of 10 as a leader, energy, work ethic, everything you want in a quarterback but he doesn’t see the field.
    “It’s hard for him to go back and think a progression through: If this is the coverage go to this guy, if this is the coverage go to that guy. He doesn’t do that very well. That’s the difference with college football and pro football. It’s so much more sophisticated and he’s limited that way.’’

Used strictly for a handful of plays in the Wildcat offense, Tebow can excel — as long as the package of plays remains small and limited in scope.
    “If you practice them all the time you can get good at ’em,’’ the source said. “Where you get the upper hand is the defense has played eight games and they haven’t seen the Wildcat yet. They’ve got to use a number of plays on their practice schedule that week to the Wildcat and they may see a lot of it and they may not see it at all. But this isn’t some offense that can’t be stopped.’’
    paul.schwartz@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...#ixzz23TB8Hho8

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

Good point, but what YOU don't undertand is that with him staring down his only (read:primary) receiver, everyone on defense knows where the ball is going too and with his elongated delivery everyone on defense will have that extra second or two making it convenient to pick those balls off.

Sorry, this isn't the SEC, in the NFL, that ugly hitch in his delivery will be a killer over time.

It's the "on time" part that will prove to be the issue.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Good point, but what YOU don't undertand is that with him staring down his only (read:primary) receiver, everyone on defense knows where the ball is going too and with his elongated delivery everyone on defense will have that extra second or two making it convenient to pick those balls off.

Sorry, this isn't the SEC, in the NFL, that ugly hitch in his delivery will be a killer over time.

It's the "on time" part that will prove to be the issue.

_
    Except that Tebow's got one of the best int% in the NFL and last year he only threw 6 interceptions, and I think he went 6 consecutive games without throwing an interception.

So why even worry about something that isn't a problem?

And he has never been known to throw a lot of interceptions. In fact that's the "secret" and "heavenly touch" that "magically" makes him a winner and everyone seems to amazed by it. He has one of the best td-to-turnovers in the NFL...

He chooses to throw the ball away, and have a less than stellar completion % versus throwing a pick. It works. He understands the basics, and doesn't give a crap about yards and completion %.