Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offense Idea: Wildcat 2.0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TJ Sanchez View Post
    The reason why they don't do that is because an extra OT creates no threat other than blocking, whereas a tight end such as Keller could stay in and pass block or go run a route. This means that the defense need to put a safety or a linebacker on him because of that threat. I believe that we need to get a TE who can catch and block fairly well. This creates a big problem for defenses
    I understand what the presence of a 2nd TE is supposed to accomplish. But when that guy is Hartsock or Mulligan, the threat of catching the ball is gone. And who is the 2nd TE now?

We've needed a TE who can catch AND block for like 4 years now. In lieu of that, might as well just put another blocker out there instead of a non-threat TE who can barely block.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I understand what the presence of a 2nd TE is supposed to accomplish. But when that guy is Hartsock or Mulligan, the threat of catching the ball is gone. And who is the 2nd TE now?

We've needed a TE who can catch AND block for like 4 years now. In lieu of that, might as well just put another blocker out there instead of a non-threat TE who can barely block.
    Yeah you're right. I do like Cumberland and apparently Baker has been havin a good camp, I would really like to see some of these "heavy" packages like the op said. Sanchez needs time to throw.

People are saying how good luck was playing but I don't think they realize how much time he had to throw. When Sanchez gets the time to throw he looks like a pro bowler. I'm on my phone so I can't post the video but people need to watch the "Sanchez clutch highlights" on YouTube so we can stop hearing about how much he sucks. The only quarterbacks who don't need time to throw are the scramblers and just like tebow they usually aren't very good passers