Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: In the interest of Safety

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304

    In the interest of Safety

    And considering how our OL played against the Defense of the Bengals, would anyone consider starting Tim Tebow against the DLine of the Jints this weekend?

    Or should we game plan specific against this Defense as thou it were the 3rd preseason game and throw our offense at the Jints and see where we stand?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,668
    there is no game planning for pre-season games

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    696
    I heard there was a game plan to not game plan for the preseason games.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    there is no game planning for pre-season games
    Is there a game plan to make sure our Starting QB and only viable option at QB for the upcoming season don't end up on some operating table after getting knocked silly behind that thing we called an OL?

  5. #5
    The Giants defense didn't look too good in their first preseason game- Blaine Gabbert threw a TD against them.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    And considering how our OL played against the Defense of the Bengals, would anyone consider starting Tim Tebow against the DLine of the Jints this weekend?

    Or should we game plan specific against this Defense as thou it were the 3rd preseason game and throw our offense at the Jints and see where we stand?
    I was thinking about this myself. I have a feeling we just might sneak in a little something to try and get ourselves a touchdown against the Giants first team. I know I would, if just to give us a little confidence, and shut up the Tebowmaniacs for a week. Definitely would not start Tebow unless you're trying to sabotage the season.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    there is no game planning for pre-season games
    This is the Met Life Bowl! I'm sure we will try to win the first half.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I was thinking about this myself. I have a feeling we just might sneak in a little something to try and get ourselves a touchdown against the Giants first team. I know I would, if just to give us a little confidence, and shut up the Tebowmaniacs for a week. Definitely would not start Tebow unless you're trying to sabotage the season.
    Really,i don't care if we score or don't score. All i want is for my Starting QB to come out of this game in 1 piece. We have lost 1 season to my knowledge because of these Jokers who share a stadium with us.

    Behind Sanchez,we have the single wing and probably a new coaching staff. It's of the utmost importance that that DLine of the Jints is kept away from Mr Sanchez. I really don't care if we have to take penalties if we can't block them. Either that or throw Tebow to the wolves.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,207
    Sanchez should wear two helmets on Saturday night.. and maybe attach a rear view mirror to his face mask.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,977
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Sanchez should wear two helmets on Saturday night.. and maybe attach a rear view mirror to his face mask.
    Maybe one of those Don Bebe helmets.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,284
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Maybe one of those Don Bebe helmets.
    lol

    Hello dum dum.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I really don't care if we have to take penalties if we can't block them.
    This.

    Rex needs to say to the OL - do what you must to keep Sanchez on his feet.

    And to Sanchez - get rid of the ball and play safe if you have to.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    This.

    Rex needs to say to the OL - do what you must to keep Sanchez on his feet.

    And to Sanchez - get rid of the ball and play safe if you have to.
    Look up in the sky .... It's a bird .... Is a plane ...it's CAPTAIN CHECK-DOWN to the rescue!

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,231
    They will not start Tim Tebow in a pre-season game over Mark Sanchez ... from a public relations point of view it would just add fire to the "which matinee idol playing would you have lead the Jets, the Latin heart trob or the Ten Commandments star "

    I do think Tinstar, you brings up a valid point in terms of protection.

    The Giants are sick of the Sanchez Tebow coverage and have the most dangerous defensive line in football. The Giants will come after him. They better have max protection for Mark or the kid is going to get hurt back there.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    They will not start Tim Tebow in a pre-season game over Mark Sanchez ... from a public relations point of view it would just add fire to the "which matinee idol playing would you have lead the Jets, the Latin heart trob or the Ten Commandments star "

    I do think Tinstar, you brings up a valid point in terms of protection.

    The Giants are sick of the Sanchez Tebow coverage and have the most dangerous defensive line in football. The Giants will come after him. They better have max protection for Mark or the kid is going to get hurt back there.
    This. Sanchez better grow eyes on the back of his helmet.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    And considering how our OL played against the Defense of the Bengals, would anyone consider starting Tim Tebow against the DLine of the Jints this weekend?

    Or should we game plan specific against this Defense as thou it were the 3rd preseason game and throw our offense at the Jints and see where we stand?
    Pretty sad to have to be thinking this way, what to do as an alternative to letting the starting QB play so that he doesn't get hurt behind a bad O line. that the FO rather than shoring it up acquired someone who could scramble around and get out of the way? Almost makes you think they were planning it that way.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us