Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 82

Thread: Dustin Keller: Im a Pro Bowl tight end

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Whatever ... Out of the guys listed ... Keller is better or equal to all but Gronkowski ... And he is Saddled with Sanchez ....
    You have to be kidding? Did you watch Keller play last year? however Keller is better than Lewis. Either Owen Daniels or Hernadez is #2, Gresham is the next then maybe you can put Keller in. However, Pita realy came on in the 2nd half last year, and Moekai I thought in 2010 was close to Gronk like. Both as a fierce blocker and receiver.

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,084
    For a player that is a so unbelievably one dimensional, he should never drop a pass if he wants to be considred a top tier TE.

    Keller is such an atrocious blocker, that I cannot wait to let him leave next year and bring in a two way player. At this point, he is nothing more then an average Reciever as his blocking is so poor, that we cant really use him as a traditional TE.

    That being said, pairing him with a player like fasano, would be an excellent use of kellers skill set. On his own, though keller does not help as offense as much as you need your TE to.

  3. #43
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Whatever ... Out of the guys listed ... Keller is better or equal to all but Gronkowski ....
    Could be the homer statement of the year right there.

    Keller is nothing more than an average NFL TE, and certainly not equal or better than those other TE's.

  4. #44
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You have to be kidding? Did you watch Keller play last year? however Keller is better than Lewis. Either Owen Daniels or Hernadez is #2, Gresham is the next then maybe you can put Keller in. However, Pita realy came on in the 2nd half last year, and Moekai I thought in 2010 was close to Gronk like. Both as a fierce blocker and receiver.
    Hernandez ??? Blahahahahaha ... I agree with your other assessments thou especially Pita.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-14-2012 at 08:14 AM.

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Could be the homer statement of the year right there.

    Keller is nothing more than an average NFL TE, and certainly not equal or better than those other TE's.
    You sir .... Are incorrect. In all seriousness ...he is above average .... But not top tier ... Probably like around 6-8.

  6. #46
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Whatever ... Out of the guys listed ... Keller is better or equal to all but Gronkowski ... And he is Saddled with Sanchez ....
    I'd venture to guess that if given the choice most teams would rather have Aaron Hernandez over Dustin Keller.

    Is Keller capable of having a pro bowl year? Absolutely but he apparently he isn't very bright making a prediction that he will.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I'd venture to guess that if given the choice most teams would rather have Aaron Hernandez over Dustin Keller.

    Is Keller capable of having a pro bowl year? Absolutely but he apparently he isn't very bright making a prediction that he will.
    I think that Keller is much better than Hernandez at this point .... Regarding the rest of your post ...

    True enough .... You'd think he'd learn from his coaches mistakes.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-14-2012 at 08:19 AM.

  8. #48
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    You sir .... Are incorrect. In all seriousness ...he is above average .... But not top tier ... Probably like around 6-8.
    I agree with that.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,084
    I despise the pats.

    However there shouldnt be a single Jet fan on this board that doesnt think there is a greater chance of Tebow throwing for 5000 yards, then there is of Keller being better then hernandez. Aaron hernandez is versatile enough that he actually takes handoffs in their offense. The only reason he isnt mentioned in the top 5 is because he happens to be on a team with Gronk. Keller cant even block, and he is a TE.

    He will have top 12 TE catch numbers, but there are probably 20 guys out there that would help our offense more then he will this year.

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,127
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I agree with that.
    I see him around 10-12 league wide, in the top 1/3rd, certainly no slouch and a very good nfl player, but not probowl level when using the player and coaches ballots. Fan voting may be something else.
    Last edited by patman; 08-14-2012 at 08:27 AM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I see him around 10 league wide, in the top 1/3rd
    Keller would have to dramatically improve his blocking and reduce his drops in order move into the top 5. I just don't see it happening.

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,207
    Gronk, Hernandez, Gates, Graham, Witten, Vernon Davis, Finley, Gonzalez, are all easily superior. Then there are debatable guys like Gresham, Fred Davis, Celek, Pettigrew and Lewis.

    I don't follow these TEs enough to know who the good blockers are but my guess is that Keller is one of the worst out of this entire group. Although there may not be much separating them in terms of blocking.

    Personally I would put him in the 10-12 range. IMO his blocking hurts him a lot. Especially since the Jets are starved for blocking at the TE position.

  13. #53
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Gronk, Hernandez, Gates, Graham, Witten, Vernon Davis, Finley, Gonzalez, are all easily superior. Then there are debatable guys like Gresham, Fred Davis, Celek, Pettigrew and Lewis.

    I don't follow these TEs enough to know who the good blockers are but my guess is that Keller is one of the worst out of this entire group. Although there may not be much separating them in terms of blocking.

    Personally I would put him in the 10-12 range. IMO his blocking hurts him a lot. Especially since the Jets are starved for blocking at the TE position.
    I also think that Keller is softer than some of those guys above AFTER the catch. His ability to shed a tackle is lacking IMO.

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Keller's problem is that his catch radius just isn't that big (no mo)

  15. #55
    He ranked fifth in the league among tight ends with red-zone targets (20) last season and seventh in total TE targets. He accounted for 23% of the Jets receiving production in 2011, third-best among tight ends.

    I'm not a math whiz but that doesn't add up to average from my calculator. And he's a target not because of being tight with Sanchez, it's because he gets open when our WRs are dogging it.

  16. #56
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,065
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I also think that Keller is softer than some of those guys above AFTER the catch. His ability to shed a tackle is lacking IMO.
    But how many times last year did Sanchez have Keller open and he delivered the ball at his feet, behind him or too high?

    Without a perfectly delivered ball in stride, YAC will be minimal, even though the pass was completed.

  17. #57
    If Keller played with Manning or Brady, he would have 80-100 catches every year with 8-12 TDs. He is a great athlete, just in a tough spot on this team past few years... Schotty or Sanchez or both were the only things holding him back.

    Keller and Clark are similar players... Keller is prolly a better athlete.

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,084
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    But how many times last year did Sanchez have Keller open and he delivered the ball at his feet, behind him or too high?

    Without a perfectly delivered ball in stride, YAC will be minimal, even though the pass was completed.
    Sanchez also does not have great touch on short passes....he tends to drill it at both keller and greene, which doesnt help.

  19. #59
    Keller is a middle of the pack NFL tight end. He's somewhere between 13 and 18. Period.
    And that's on receiving. Plus he can't block.
    Enough bluster. How about some production.
    The Jets have two current pro bowlers based on performance. Mangold and Revis. That's it. Brick fell off. Anyone else - no. Let's see if they work as a team to get to the playoffs. Individual talent is limited.

  20. #60
    His problem is he plays with a chump like Sanchez. If you put him on GB, or New Orleans he would be top 3 TE in the league. The guy is very talented and would be a great weapon with a better QB.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us