Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: sign this beast

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    sign this beast

    This kid punting for the Raiders can kick the ball a mile. They will be cutting when Lechler is ready to go.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like
    really?!?

    he has a total of 2x punts...

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Raiders always seem to have punters and kickers with huge legs.

    FWIW, Westy does not put as much of a premium on distance as you might think. He values hang time more. He does not like kickers that out-kick their coverage. That happens a lot in Oakland.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets want a punter or in the market to get one

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...Marquette+King

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    really?!?

    he has a total of 2x punts...
    Yes really. Conley sucks. Much like the 15 or so punters that preceded him. I have watched about 30 + years of Jet football other than Chuck Ramsey and Dave Jennings who really had his better days as a Giant. The Jets have never had a good punter, Tupa was decent I guess. So YEAH! why not????

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conley looks like a future stud and has a better leg why on earth would we need anther guy? lol Dump. All the hate this guy gets, the JETs have no interest in replacing him nor should they.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean we had a crappy white safety for 3 years, who's to say we cant have a good black punter for the next 3?

    Kudos to Raidersfan, who mentioned this guy a while back, well done sir.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Yes really. Conley sucks. Much like the 15 or so punters that preceded him. I have watched about 30 + years of Jet football other than Chuck Ramsey and Dave Jennings who really had his better days as a Giant. The Jets have never had a good punter, Tupa was decent I guess. So YEAH! why not????
    I thought Weatherford was money.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I thought Weatherford was money.
    Until the playoffs...then again so was our defense.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conley looks ok

  11. #11
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    234
    Post Thanks / Like
    The coverage sucked on special teams not the punts.........

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    No need to bring in another camp fodder punter. We just sent Baltz packing. TJ has been booming them in camp.and in the Bengals scrimmage with great hang time and also showing directional ability.
    Two years ago on Hard Knocks they told Conley that they thought he had improved to become an NFL punter....This season hes progressed to being a very good NFL punter for the Jets.

    No need to gamble on Raider camp fodder

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I mean we had a crappy white safety for 3 years, who's to say we cant have a good black punter for the next 3?

    Kudos to Raidersfan, who mentioned this guy a while back, well done sir.
    Technically, we still do have a crappy white safety, although he's missing the rest of the preseason.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    No need to bring in another camp fodder punter. We just sent Baltz packing. TJ has been booming them in camp.and in the Bengals scrimmage with great hang time and also showing directional ability.
    Two years ago on Hard Knocks they told Conley that they thought he had improved to become an NFL punter....This season hes progressed to being a very good NFL punter for the Jets.

    No need to gamble on Raider camp fodder

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    TJ Conley did not have a good game against the Bengals. From mid -field he failed to punt inside the 20. Also in the 4th quarter he hit a 25 yarder from our own territory.

    Last season he was average at best. We should look to upgrade the punting.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Yes really. Conley sucks. Much like the 15 or so punters that preceded him. I have watched about 30 + years of Jet football other than Chuck Ramsey and Dave Jennings who really had his better days as a Giant. The Jets have never had a good punter, Tupa was decent I guess. So YEAH! why not????
    Ditto Gibby! Worth a try!

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    TJ Conley did not have a good game against the Bengals. From mid -field he failed to punt inside the 20. Also in the 4th quarter he hit a 25 yarder from our own territory.

    Last season he was average at best. We should look to upgrade the punting.
    You nailed it.

    I can't believe anyone is comfortable with Conley.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    TJ is not good. can't remember a single game where I thought he did anything memorable.

    But we've had good punters here before, makes him stand out more. In the wrong way.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Given the state of our offense, we should probably carry two punters on the roster.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    No need to bring in another camp fodder punter. We just sent Baltz packing. TJ has been booming them in camp.and in the Bengals scrimmage with great hang time and also showing directional ability.
    Two years ago on Hard Knocks they told Conley that they thought he had improved to become an NFL punter....This season hes progressed to being a very good NFL punter for the Jets.

    No need to gamble on Raider camp fodder

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    this kid isn't camp fodder. he DESTROYs the ball. his first punt tonight against the Cardinals was a 68 yarder, with about 5.5 seconds of hang time. he's definitely better then Conley will be for us.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than this kid from Oakland, any punters out there that could be released that some might think the Jets should be looking out for?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us