Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sign this beast

sign this beast

This kid punting for the Raiders can kick the ball a mile. They will be cutting when Lechler is ready to go.

really?!?

he has a total of 2x punts...

Hall Of Fame
    The Raiders always seem to have punters and kickers with huge legs.

FWIW, Westy does not put as much of a premium on distance as you might think. He values hang time more. He does not like kickers that out-kick their coverage. That happens a lot in Oakland.

Jets want a punter or in the market to get one

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...Marquette+King

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    really?!?

he has a total of 2x punts...
    Yes really. Conley sucks. Much like the 15 or so punters that preceded him. I have watched about 30 + years of Jet football other than Chuck Ramsey and Dave Jennings who really had his better days as a Giant. The Jets have never had a good punter, Tupa was decent I guess. So YEAH! why not????

Conley looks like a future stud and has a better leg why on earth would we need anther guy? lol Dump. All the hate this guy gets, the JETs have no interest in replacing him nor should they.

Hall Of Fame
    I mean we had a crappy white safety for 3 years, who's to say we cant have a good black punter for the next 3?

Kudos to Raidersfan, who mentioned this guy a while back, well done sir.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Yes really. Conley sucks. Much like the 15 or so punters that preceded him. I have watched about 30 + years of Jet football other than Chuck Ramsey and Dave Jennings who really had his better days as a Giant. The Jets have never had a good punter, Tupa was decent I guess. So YEAH! why not????
    I thought Weatherford was money.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I thought Weatherford was money.
    Until the playoffs...then again so was our defense.

Conley looks ok

Practice Squad
    The coverage sucked on special teams not the punts.........

Jets Insider VIP
    No need to bring in another camp fodder punter. We just sent Baltz packing. TJ has been booming them in camp.and in the Bengals scrimmage with great hang time and also showing directional ability.
    Two years ago on Hard Knocks they told Conley that they thought he had improved to become an NFL punter....This season hes progressed to being a very good NFL punter for the Jets.

No need to gamble on Raider camp fodder

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I mean we had a crappy white safety for 3 years, who's to say we cant have a good black punter for the next 3?

Kudos to Raidersfan, who mentioned this guy a while back, well done sir.
    Technically, we still do have a crappy white safety, although he's missing the rest of the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    No need to bring in another camp fodder punter. We just sent Baltz packing. TJ has been booming them in camp.and in the Bengals scrimmage with great hang time and also showing directional ability.
    Two years ago on Hard Knocks they told Conley that they thought he had improved to become an NFL punter....This season hes progressed to being a very good NFL punter for the Jets.

TJ Conley did not have a good game against the Bengals. From mid -field he failed to punt inside the 20. Also in the 4th quarter he hit a 25 yarder from our own territory.

Last season he was average at best. We should look to upgrade the punting.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Ditto Gibby! Worth a try!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    TJ Conley did not have a good game against the Bengals. From mid -field he failed to punt inside the 20. Also in the 4th quarter he hit a 25 yarder from our own territory.

Last season he was average at best. We should look to upgrade the punting.
    You nailed it.

I can't believe anyone is comfortable with Conley.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

TJ is not good. can't remember a single game where I thought he did anything memorable.

But we've had good punters here before, makes him stand out more. In the wrong way.

Given the state of our offense, we should probably carry two punters on the roster.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

this kid isn't camp fodder. he DESTROYs the ball. his first punt tonight against the Cardinals was a 68 yarder, with about 5.5 seconds of hang time. he's definitely better then Conley will be for us.

Other than this kid from Oakland, any punters out there that could be released that some might think the Jets should be looking out for?