Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 97

Thread: When Reality Interrupts a Good Story

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    And this is just the dollar values to this point:


    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75S25320110629

    I still talk to Marines over there. I live with the wars on a consistent basis. It is not just some arbitrary number that flashes upon the web or my tv's.

    It is funny how Ryan voted with Bush on these wars and now wants to act like it is the fault of less fortunate Americans so they need to pay for it.

    Add the bailouts, which Ryan voted for. Add the earmarks (http://www.boston.com/politicalintel...L3J/story.html)
    and you should be able to view a better perspective of this 'choice'
    excellent post.

    Your point about how we always seem to find the extra trillions for wars (for private sector profit) is important. You are not stating that we actually have this money. But that does not stop the special interests that own our government from making sure we spend it....and let future generations deal with the debt.

    And that is why its absolutely hilarious to listen to many of the same politicians, like Ryan, who rubber stamped wild spending when their party was in office, now become born-again fiscal conservatives. That is the very real and honest point by the writer and its being ignored by some of the sheeple here that are drinking the Ryan kool-aid. Both parties represent only the the special interests that own their campaigns. But, hey, it sure tastes good going down.....

    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 08-15-2012 at 08:42 AM.

  2. #42

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    We do?

    Name one war the US has had the money for.
    None of them; however, it is especially irresponsible to cut taxes (revenue) during two major wars.

    But in the end it does not matter if there is actual money for these wars as long as we continue to print money and keep it flowing to the people that own our parties. But remember; say fiscal responsibility over and over enough times until people believe it!

    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 08-15-2012 at 08:45 AM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Jetdawg is saying in his post that since the economy is crap seniors like you should vote for more entitlements to take care of their grandkids even though those very programs are what has put our future at risk. Essentially he believes that we should double down on the very actions that caused us to be in the mess we are in. The logic is so backwards and pessimistic that I can't even fathom a response.

    Understand. That's why HE wants handouts. I do not, as I am sure you know from my posts. I am for individual accountability to the max. I do not NEED to help my kids, as an example, but if I enrich them for down the road by stockpiling a trust (for 25-30 years in the future) good.
    I get SS now (will pay max tax on 85% of it). Medicare also (but I paid for that from my first paycheck). Nothing else.
    We need as a country to cut back - especially on abused social programs.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The only one gutting Medicare today is Obama. He at least has the guts to transfer funds from wealthy seniors to less fortunate Medicaid patients.

    Ryan totally panders to current Medicare patients and future ones up to age 55. He guts Medicare down the road when he no longer will be around.
    Ryan is only 43. He'll be around awhile.
    AND, traditional Medicare is not to be eliminated. He maintains a person will always be able to choose it. That is not exactly pandering.
    Obama is the panderer.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    So these 'losers' caused the banks to fail? These 'losers' caused the unlawful war in Iraq? These 'losers' had us pay for Blackwater vice the US Armed forces in these wars?

    Talk about abuse

    The losers are the leeches on society. Welfare queens. Druggies. Chronic unemployed. The uneducated (by choice). The lazy. There are other categories but you get the idea.
    As far as banks or wars? What does that have to do with a person's individual failings/
    And Blackwater? They are such a minor nothing - have you really lost your ability to reason? They are a small sized company. I agree that these jobs should be done by our military but so should running mess halls.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    A chance for you to understand that there is more than the FOX Noise Channel out here again:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...rael-bad-taste

    The Israel visit was out of line and some even view it more harshly.

    Not everyone in America is as fortunate as we are here. My son just completed college and is also a 'CONTRIBUTING' citizen in our society. He also understands that the scale has been tipped heavily in favor of those who are fortunate.

    He is on the fortunate side of things and can see this
    The Guardian is a commie lib rag.
    But it seems that Netanyahu LIKES Romney. He dislikes Obama. So much for your arguement about failed foreign policy by Romney eh?
    As for your son. He's 22/23? Many liberals at that age. I didn't have the luxury. I had to lead in combat.
    The fortunate are generally fortunate because they made things happen. Unlike what the president says. He is a product of LBJ's "Great Society" - a total long term fiasco. "Be dependant because you are too stupid to be anything more without government help". The Dem way.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    The Guardian is a commie lib rag.
    But it seems that Netanyahu LIKES Romney. He dislikes Obama. So much for your arguement about failed foreign policy by Romney eh?
    As for your son. He's 22/23? Many liberals at that age. I didn't have the luxury. I had to lead in combat.
    The fortunate are generally fortunate because they made things happen. Unlike what the president says. He is a product of LBJ's "Great Society" - a total long term fiasco. "Be dependant because you are too stupid to be anything more without government help". The Dem way.
    The Guardian is the most anti-Israel rag there is. Romney's speech in Israel was inspirational and absolutely correct. As a pro Israel voter like most Americans I loved it. No offense to Jetdawg but he is definitely not pro-Israel. As such I consider his comments and his anti-Israel left wing article against what Romney said there as further proof of how good Romney's speech there was.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Ryan is only 43. He'll be around awhile.
    AND, traditional Medicare is not to be eliminated. He maintains a person will always be able to choose it. That is not exactly pandering.
    Obama is the panderer.
    Are you really suggesting that the average American has anything like the pension and health beni's that Congress has for life. He guts the program down the line while completely pandering to everyone over 55. That's kicking the can down the line in my book.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    excellent post.

    Your point about how we always seem to find the extra trillions for wars (for private sector profit) is important. You are not stating that we actually have this money. But that does not stop the special interests that own our government from making sure we spend it....and let future generations deal with the debt.

    And that is why its absolutely hilarious to listen to many of the same politicians, like Ryan, who rubber stamped wild spending when their party was in office, now become born-again fiscal conservatives. That is the very real and honest point by the writer and its being ignored by some of the sheeple here that are drinking the Ryan kool-aid. Both parties represent only the the special interests that own their campaigns. But, hey, it sure tastes good going down.....

    Back to the classroom professor. You can fill the kids you teach with hatred of our country.
    BTW, our military has a FIXED COST component to it. As an academic you may not understand that term but it means: it's there whether thaere is a war or not. Salaries, maintainance, food, training, housing etc. The 675bill/year is not all for war.
    And I would be interested in knowing about the enormous war profits. As an investor could you inform me of which companies these might be so I can get in on the action?

  11. #51
    Obama = The Liar
    Biden = Huff in Mouth Disease. What a combination!

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Are you really suggesting that the average American has anything like the pension and health beni's that Congress has for life. He guts the program down the line while completely pandering to everyone over 55. That's kicking the can down the line in my book.

    Congress has essentially the same retirement program as all federal employees. See usgovinfo.about.com

    Dispels some myths.

    Medicare is a pretty good program BTW. It will STILL exist under the Ryan reco. As you know.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Obama = The Liar
    Biden = Huff in Mouth Disease. What a combination!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    The Guardian is the most anti-Israel rag there is. Romney's speech in Israel was inspirational and absolutely correct. As a pro Israel voter like most Americans I loved it. No offense to Jetdawg but he is definitely not pro-Israel. As such I consider his comments and his anti-Israel left wing article against what Romney said there as further proof of how good Romney's speech there was.
    I am not anti Israel either. I am Pro American

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    The Guardian is a commie lib rag.
    But it seems that Netanyahu LIKES Romney. He dislikes Obama. So much for your arguement about failed foreign policy by Romney eh?
    As for your son. He's 22/23? Many liberals at that age. I didn't have the luxury. I had to lead in combat.
    The fortunate are generally fortunate because they made things happen. Unlike what the president says. He is a product of LBJ's "Great Society" - a total long term fiasco. "Be dependant because you are too stupid to be anything more without government help". The Dem way.
    Romney nor Ryan have For Pol experience. China is licking their chops

  16. #56
    WWII was covered with War Bonds. Any debt that was occurred by the war was quickly recovered and we had a huge boost in the economy when the war was over.

    At this rate we will have a tough time getting out of this mess

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,161
    Ryan cant even see Russia from his backyard in Wisconsin....but on the plus side he can surely name more than one newspaper he has read

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,094
    Paul Ryan voted against a bill that states women would be allowed an abortion in life threatening scenarios. Really, Paul? Are we valuing a ****ing sperm and egg cell more than an adult woman's life?

    Scumbag. Perfect for Mitt. This election is already over.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    ^^^

    Sheep

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    I am not anti Israel either. I am Pro American
    Please go back and reread my post. I did not say you were ANTI Israel. I said you were not pro Israel. I don't think you would dispute that. There is a difference there. Your faux concerns about Romney's speech there are irrelevant.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us