Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: When Reality Interrupts a Good Story

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Romney nor Ryan have For Pol experience. China is licking their chops
    Riiight. They were absolutely frightened of the Obama-Biden duo. Obama has no experience with anything ever and Biden has the experience of being wrong on virtually every foreign policy issue of the past 20 years. They are two lollipops getting suckered at every turn.

Romney, as a titan of international business, understands how China's currency manipulation and theft of intellectual property hurts our country's ability to compete. He has promised to hold them accountable. Obama is too busy licking the Muslim Brotherhoods ballz to worry about things like intellectual property theft or currency manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Paul Ryan voted against a bill that states women would be allowed an abortion in life threatening scenarios. Really, Paul? Are we valuing a ****ing sperm and egg cell more than an adult woman's life?

Scumbag. Perfect for Mitt. This election is already over.
    Some value the life of a Fetus over the convenice of a mother who choose to take an conscious action, then wants an easy (fetus murdering) way out of it. It's funny, liberal demands for banning guns due to cviolence rings rather hallow when they so stridenly supporting of the industrail slaughter of fetuses for convenience. Rape and Incest and legitimate life-threatening issues are red herrings that account for a tiny fraction of abortions performed. Teh vast majority are for convenience and choice (what supporters call, in perfect Nazi-esque happy language, "family planning") exclusively.

To most abortion supporters, one can only wonder what if their own mothers had supported it as much as they themselves do now.....I'd bet at least a few of us had parents who pondered it, even if they'd never tell us (and we'd likely never accept it if they told us).

Would the world be better off without each of us individually, so our mothers could have a more convenience life and no responsabillity for her own actions? How many Einsteins or Ghandis have been vacuumed out for nothing more than convenience and shirking of responsabillity? How many future Presidents......

If the mothers life is at risk, ok, abortion should be allowed.....if we could trust Doctors not to abuse such a open door to say that a common cold has put the mothers life at risk, hence validating the abortion. And we all know thats exactly what would happen for supporters of abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Some value the life of a Fetus over the convenice of a mother who choose to take an conscious action, then wants an easy (fetus murdering) way out of it. It's funny, liberal demands for banning guns due to cviolence rings rather hallow when they so stridenly supporting of the industrail slaughter of fetuses for convenience. Rape and Incest and legitimate life-threatening issues are red herrings that account for a tiny fraction of abortions performed. Teh vast majority are for convenience and choice (what supporters call, in perfect Nazi-esque happy language, "family planning") exclusively.

To most abortion supporters, one can only wonder what if their own mothers had supported it as much as they themselves do now.....I'd bet at least a few of us had parents who pondered it, even if they'd never tell us (and we'd likely never accept it if they told us).

Would the world be better off without each of us individually, so our mothers could have a more convenience life and no responsabillity for her own actions? How many Einsteins or Ghandis have been vacuumed out for nothing more than convenience and shirking of responsabillity? How many future Presidents......

If the mothers life is at risk, ok, abortion should be allowed.....if we could trust Doctors not to abuse such a open door to say that a common cold has put the mothers life at risk, hence validating the abortion. And we all know thats exactly what would happen for supporters of abortion.
    Abortion is decided law. In an election in which real issues are at stake people that bring up abortions which won't be outlawed regardless of who is in charge are simply doing it as a distraction. Engaging with that nonsense is pointless.

All League
    Warfish.... "fetus murdering?" Are you kidding me?

You can only murder human beings.

An unborn FETUS is not a human being. I disagree with abortion after a certain point in the cycle where the baby has developed enough, but before then the woman should have the right of choosing.

Warfish.... "fetus murdering?" Are you kidding me?

You can only murder human beings.

An unborn FETUS is not a human being. I disagree with abortion after a certain point in the cycle where the baby has developed enough, but before then the woman should have the right of choosing.
    We can agree to disagree.

I see potential life as generally equal to birthed life, intellectually. It takes a real twist to define it as "nothing", which must occur for abortion to be acceptable.

If not interfered with by human action (i.e. the termination), the natural process will reasult in a birthed life. Only the action to terminate stops that process.

A Fetus is not a cyst or cancer or some other portion of the mother. It is, in my view, a distinct individual entity of it's own, that through an unavoidable biological process is forced to reside and develop within another person, the person who took a conscious action that resulted in creating it.

I'm a long-time support of finding a hybrid/compromise solution that takes both sides into consideration, but frankly, neither side wants that.

And it's not a "right of choosing". It's a right to have an abortion and terminate a potential life. Please do not use dishonest language.

If we are going to respect life inside the womb then how can we be reckless with it in times of war?

Perhaps, for many (not all) of our politicians, its not that they respect life as much as they respect the Evangelical vote across the country. Is that cynical? Absolutely. But judging by the careless and arrogant attitudes toward war by our "leaders" it is clear that respect for life is not really a high priority. And, as always, it goes without saying that many of the politicians who are first to promote war never served.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 08-15-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Biden? N ope.
    Obama? A greatly feared leader. China flips him off (as does Russia) on every issue. But he's liked in Kenya.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    If we are going to respect life inside the womb then how can we be reckless with it in times of war?

Perhaps, for many (not all) of our politicians, its not that they respect life as much as they respect the Evangelical vote across the country. Is that cynical? Absolutely. But judging by the careless and arrogant attitudes toward war by our "leaders" it is clear that respect for life is not really a high priority. And, as always, it goes without saying that many of the politicians who are first to promote war never served.
    You're as hypocritical as they are.

You're more than willing to terminate millions of potential lives per year for (in the majority, convenience and family planning), but you have an issue with spending free individual adult, makes-the-choice-to-sign-up themselves, life on Foreign Policy/War by the very same State you seem to want to entrust almost universal power to?

I fully agree with you, as you know, that our choices of War (and more, tactics) of late have been poor. No debate from me.

But the idea that being Pro-Abortion and Anti-War (regardless of the cause or reason for War) is anything like comnsistent is....pretty laughable. To be so it would have to ignore the entire idea of free will and choice of the individual being killed.

The Soldier made a choice to sign up and serve at the whims of others for his Nation. The Fetus, of course, made no such choice, it's host did.

You're as hypocritical as they are.

You're more than willing to terminate millions of potential lives per year for (in the majority, convenience and family planning), but you have an issue with spending free individual adult, makes-the-choice-to-sign-up themselves, life on Foreign Policy/War by the very same State you seem to want to entrust almost universal power to?

I fully agree with you, as you know, that our choices of War (and more, tactics) of late have been poor. No debate from me.

But the idea that being Pro-Abortion and Anti-War (regardless of the cause or reason for War) is anything like comnsistent is....pretty laughable. To be so it would have to ignore the entire idea of free will and choice of the individual being killed.

The Soldier made a choice to sign up and serve at the whims of others for his Nation. The Fetus, of course, made no such choice, it's host did.
    I am pro-life not choice.

Not every (D) thinks alike.

I am pro-life not choice.

Not every (D) thinks alike.
    But every FOX Viewer or reader does, amirite?

no, just the people who think their consuming news.

All League

+1 to both, and that's why I avoid FOX/MSNBC like the plague. I put both of them at the same level.

Jets Insider VIP
    +1 to both, and that's why I avoid FOX/MSNBC like the plague. I put both of them at the same level.
    I don't understand why anyone would watch any cable news to begin with. Ranks up there with "talk radio" for me....

Riiiiight, because EVERY article on FOX (including thoise written by AP or other outside sources) is Non-news propaganda.

The fact you'd say that exposes how far gone you are mate. Conspiracies behind every AP repost on Foxnews.com.

This is exactly why you're not worth extended reply. There is apparently no room in your world for anything but all/nothing. If it's posted to FOX, it's not News.

Right.

This has got to be the stupidest post on here... and coming from an Olbunder supporter no less.

Thanks for the laugh JetDawg....

An unborn FETUS is not a human being.
    It is human life.. No?

Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    This has got to be the stupidest post on here... and coming from an Olbunder supporter no less.

Thanks for the laugh JetDawg....
    Obama KILLED OBL. You are just an idiot

Funny, I thought Seal Team 6 did.

By the way, did you see the body? I wonder if ol' George had announced he'd killed OBL, but dumped the body at sea, if any left-wing conspiracy theories might have sprung up....I'd guess they would have.

I'm still displeased the body was dumped, especially out of some horrible misguided political corectness outreach purpose.

Fox News Channel has opinion shows and news coverage. If someone watches Hannity looking for news of the day they will be disapointed. Same with Oreiley. Shep Smith is straight news and Greta's show is news based similar to Anderson Cooper.

At least Fox presents their partisan hosts as such. Meanwhile at CNN you have Soledad Obrien presenting herself as a news anchor while spewing debunked points from left wing blogs. They are deceptive about their ideology. MSNBC is no different from Fox. They present their hosts as liberals or it is obvious to anyone watching. They have regular news shows which are not different from anything else you see from the liberal media.

If you've got a business --- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."

Obumbles

The reply.....

"If you are claiming you got bin Laden--you didn't do that.
    Somebody else made that happen."

A Vietnam Vet