Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    But he's liked in Kenya.
    Home is where the heart is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Riiiiight, because EVERY article on FOX (including thoise written by AP or other outside sources) is Non-news propaganda.

The fact you'd say that exposes how far gone you are mate. Conspiracies behind every AP repost on Foxnews.com.

This is exactly why you're not worth extended reply. There is apparently no room in your world for anything but all/nothing. If it's posted to FOX, it's not News.

Right.
    almost every 30 minute block on either FOX or MSNBC cable has at least one to two talking points disguised as "news" stories from the left (MSNBC) or right (FOX). So I will end this as I always do with you by asking the following; why would you waste your time consuming it for news purposes?

Half a story is not a story. And if it smells like it and sounds like it, call it what it is; P-R-O-P-A-G-A-N-D-A.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Fox News Channel has opinion shows and news coverage. If someone watches Hannity looking for news of the day they will be disapointed. Same with Oreiley. Shep Smith is straight news and Greta's show is news based similar to Anderson Cooper.

At least Fox presents their partisan hosts as such. Meanwhile at CNN you have Soledad Obrien presenting herself as a news anchor while spewing debunked points from left wing blogs. They are deceptive about their ideology. MSNBC is no different from Fox. They present their hosts as liberals or it is obvious to anyone watching. They have regular news shows which are not different from anything else you see from the liberal media.
    I understand and respect what you said but the problem is that 'fair and balanced' flashes on our screen throughout the day. That is what the entire station promotes itself as. Its not as if that slogan is only on during Shep Smith's show. It their chosen slogan that they promote viewership with. And its horribly misleading.

No argument with me that MSNBC is just Fox from the left.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    If you've got a business --- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."
    Romney said the same thing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    almost every 30 minute block on either FOX or MSNBC cable has at least one to two talking points disguised as "news" stories from the left (MSNBC) or right (FOX). So I will end this as I always do with you by asking the following; why would you waste your time consuming it for news purposes?

Half a story is not a story. And if it smells like it and sounds like it, call it what it is; P-R-O-P-A-G-A-N-D-A.
    So where, specificly, do you get YOUR news on the events of the day?

If not the mainstream media propaganda providers, where?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So where, specificly, do you get YOUR news on the events of the day?

If not the mainstream media propaganda providers, where?
    Historical and psychological/sociological books.

I mean that; I am not being insincere when I say that. Understanding how and why things have happened is the key to understanding what is currently happening.

History repeats itself because human nature is what it is. Take any current conflict and strip away the names and suddenly it all becomes very familiar to anyone with a realistic grasp on history.

The events of today is the events of yesterday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean that; I am not being insincere when I say that. Understanding how and why things have happened is the key to understanding what is currently happening.

History repeats itself because human nature is what it is. Take any current conflict and strip away the names and suddenly it all becomes very familiar to anyone with a realistic grasp on history.

Books as news? I see your point and I recommend the autobiography of Ben Franlin to all who I can but it aint exactly news. Have you ever read Forbes, Wall Street Journal etc. They would provide pretty good balance in my opinion.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

I just read a fascinating bio of George Washington (Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow). The problems that Washington faced during his presidency, especially during the second term, were eerily similar. They were all based on partisan rancor between Jefferson and the Republicans vs Hamilton and the Federalists. The Jay Treaty being blocked by the Republican-controlled House over fears of a monarchical government made me think that things really haven't changed in 220 years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I just read a fascinating bio of George Washington (Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow). The problems that Washington faced during his presidency, especially during the second term, were eerily similar. They were all based on partisan rancor between Jefferson and the Republicans vs Hamilton and the Federalists. The Jay Treaty being blocked by the Republican-controlled House over fears of a monarchical government made me think that things really haven't changed in 220 years.
    I read it also, an incredible book about an incredible, almost Godly man

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    and I recommend the autobiography of Ben Franlin to all who I can but it aint exactly news.
    It is an amazing read. Great stories, ideas, and lessons.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

/facepalm

I'm all for reading history, I do so daily.

History will not tell you where the two duputies were shot today or the circumstances surrounding the shooting, will not tell you if the Jets won or lost, will not tell you if a certain bill was passed or not, or what was in the bill being voted on, and will not tell you what the current state of anyhting, anywhere, in any form, is.

What your describing is understanding the historic context of what may have CAUSED some part of todays news. Not consumption of current-event news.

So I'll ask again, where do you get your current-events news?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    /facepalm

I'm all for reading history, I do so daily.

History will not tell you where the two duputies were shot today or the circumstances surrounding the shooting, will not tell you if the Jets won or lost, will not tell you if a certain bill was passed or not, or what was in the bill being voted on, and will not tell you what the current state of anyhting, anywhere, in any form, is.

What your describing is understanding the historic context of what may have CAUSED some part of todays news. Not consumption of current-event news.

So I'll ask again, where do you get your current-events news?
    Didn't Palin pull this same kind of non-answer?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul Ryan loves Ayn Rand.

Ayn Rand thought religion was stupid.

Lolz......some of Rands quotes on religion looks like good PK wrote it....

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Paul Ryan loves Ayn Rand.

Ayn Rand thought religion was stupid.

Lolz......some of Rands quotes on religion looks like good PK wrote it....

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    You are oversimplifying. But I know you know that.

I suggest you watch the interview. He talks about her at the 18 minute mark. He is very clear about his feelings about Ayn Rand. She triggered his interest in economics. According to Ryan, she believed in free enterprise and spoke about the pitfalls of communism in her novels. He clearly stated that he does not agree with her philosophy of "objectivism" which is basically atheism.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/178545873...ylist_id=87485

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

I suggest you watch the interview. He talks about her at the 18 minute mark. He is very clear about his feelings about Ayn Rand. She triggered his interest in economics. According to Ryan, she believed in free enterprise and spoke about the pitfalls of communism in her novels. He clearly stated that he does not agree with her philosophy of "objectivism" which is basically atheism.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/178545873...ylist_id=87485
    The NY Times thinks the same nonsense.

I guess we're just supposed to fall in line with full ideologies going forward. All or nothing. Don't try to learn anything from anyone. Just stick to one. Hey, Einstein got a bunch of stuff wrong... we should throw out everything he came up with.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This.