Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Met Life Bowl

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    This is Rex Ryan we are talking about here....

What do you think?

I hope so to stay consistent but so much was made about it last year so I'm not sure now.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by APL330 View Post
    I hope so to stay consistent but so much was made about it last year so I'm not sure now.
    Depends on how superstitious he is.......

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by APL330 View Post
    Does the Giants SB trophy wall get covered again?
    There are a few elements in the locker room vicinity that have "Giants" branding and a few elements in the locker room vicinity that have "Jets" branding on them.

It is customary for both teams to cover up the other teams logos/banners prior to their home games. Had last year's Jets/Giants game been a Giants home game, they'd have covered up the Jets logos and the Jets banners down there too.

Enough on that issue. Plenty to hate Rex Ryan for. Bannergate isn't one of them.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm going to show up after halftime, when we have a fighting chance to get a first down.

SAR I
    The real question is not who is going to the game...its who is going to Modells at midnight to buy their "Back to Back Met Life Bowl Champions" T shirts??

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a few elements in the locker room vicinity that have "Giants" branding and a few elements in the locker room vicinity that have "Jets" branding on them.

It is customary for both teams to cover up the other teams logos/banners prior to their home games. Had last year's Jets/Giants game been a Giants home game, they'd have covered up the Jets logos and the Jets banners down there too.

Enough on that issue. Plenty to hate Rex Ryan for. Bannergate isn't one of them.

SAR I
    I understand there are bigger issues with this team, and this was a fun question, and I don't hate Rex Ryan, lol.. sure some of the stuff he says is annoying, but tough to hate the only coach to get them one game away from the SB two years in a row.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    SAR, in your estimation, do you think the Metlife Bowl will attract more white collar fans to the game, or do you think it will bring out even more upper deck burper/farter types than would normally be at a regular season game?
    ?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    I will take it... going Sat?
    Only until halftime. Not tailgating. I wanted to sell the tixx but my dad wanted to check out the new seats. I'm trying to make it down to Belmar at a reasonable time so I can "continue my pursuit of a classy Jersey Shore girl." What time are you arriving?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The real question is not who is going to the game...its who is going to Modells at midnight to buy their "Back to Back Met Life Bowl Champions" T shirts??

No way. I'm waiting on the three-peat.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll be rocking at L7 at about 50% capacity. Freaking Preseason.

Would be nice to win the Snoopy Bowl so we don't have to hear it again from Giants fans. Of course it's nowhere near as big as their victory over us last season, but this is the one Preseason game every year you'd like to win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

No way. I'm waiting on the three-peat.

SAR I
    Did you make this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

Would be nice to win the Snoopy Bowl so we don't have to hear it again from Giants fans. Of course it's nowhere near as big as their victory over us last season, but this is the one Preseason game every year you'd like to win.
    I'm sorry but this pre-season game carries ZERO bragging rights for the winning team. NONE. It would be pretty sad to throw a meaningless pre-season game in the face of Giants fans after they just beat the Jets in the regular season AND went on to win the Super Bowl.

Just bask in the glory of winning back to back Met Life Bowl trophies. The T shirts will be sick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least we don't have to worry about Rex trying to fight Brandon Jacobs after this one

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Did you make this?
    Yup. Took about 30 seconds in Photoshop.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

I will be at L7 also.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but this pre-season game carries ZERO bragging rights for the winning team. NONE. It would be pretty sad to throw a meaningless pre-season game in the face of Giants fans after they just beat the Jets in the regular season AND went on to win the Super Bowl.

Just bask in the glory of winning back to back Met Life Bowl trophies. The T shirts will be sick.
    By no means would I or any other Jet fan throw it in a Giants fans face, but you know there will be things said by the Giants players if they do win, even if its subtle.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of when Ed Koch was mayor and Ralph Kinner was announcing Mets and Mets would claim they won bragging rights over Yankees when they won the mayors trophy game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got an exciting email from the Jets today! Read this:

Also new this season, a larger-than-life 8-foot tall Snoopy Statue will reside in MetLife Central (formerly the West Great Hall) by the 50-yard bench. Fans are encouraged to meet there before games and give Snoopy a good luck high-five before entering the stadium. We hope this can become a fun fan tradition!

8-foot tall Snoopy Statue! Suck it, Giants!

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got an exciting email from the Jets today! Read this:

Also new this season, a larger-than-life 8-foot tall Snoopy Statue will reside in MetLife Central (formerly the West Great Hall) by the 50-yard bench. Fans are encouraged to meet there before games and give Snoopy a good luck high-five before entering the stadium. We hope this can become a fun fan tradition!

8-foot tall Snoopy Statue! Suck it, Giants!

SAR I
    I like how the stadium is only two years old and they already have to refer to certain areas of the stadium as "the area formerly known as...".

It shows just what a great tradition we have as Jets fans.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    I like how the stadium is only two years old and they already have to refer to certain areas of the stadium as "the area formerly known as...".

It shows just what a great tradition we have as Jets fans.
    The Jets and Giants are selling the naming rights to certain areas. They sent out this update last week:

Gate Name Changes
    Please make note of the following gate name changes:

Formerly East Gate is now Bud Light Gate
    Formerly MetLife Gate is now Train Gate
    Formerly West Gate is now MetLife Gate

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR may have posted this information, but if not;...

Season Ticket Holder Gameday Information
    Saturday, August 18 at 7:00PM - Jets vs. Giants

Welcome to the first preseason game of the 2012 season at MetLife Stadium! Saturday night’s game vs. the New York Giants on 8/18 at 7:00pm is presented by MetLife and features the MetLife Bowl. Here are a few details that you should know:
    •Ticket/parking pass forwarding and resale will be turned off at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 14
    •This week’s game is the first preseason home game, so be sure to bring your Giants Game A Parking Pass and tickets
    •Parking lots open at 2:00 p.m.
    •Will Call opens at 4:00 p.m. General Will Call is located at MetLife South Will Call and Suite Will Call at the trailer to the right of the VIP Suite entrance lane
    •Stadium gates open at 5:00 p.m.
    •As a reminder, there is a fan walkway between the Pepsi and Bud Light Gates allowing access all the way around the exterior of the stadium. Note that your ticket allows access to any stadium gate for entry.
    •Player warmups start at about 6:00 p.m.
    •Be at the gates by 6:15 p.m. to ensure you are in your seats by kickoff
    •The National Anthem will be performed by Cara Akselrad and the halftime performance is the Junior Flight Crew Cheerleaders and unveiling of the NRG Solar Ring
    •Kickoff is at 7:00 p.m.

MetLife Bowl
    This week’s game is the MetLife Bowl, the annual preseason rivalry game between your Jets and the Giants. The winning team will receive a $40,000 donation to a charity of their choice and the MetLife trophy for the remainder of the season while the other team will receive a $10,000 donation to a charity of their choice. The Jets will be playing for Trust for Public Land while the Giants are playing for KaBoom!

NRG Celebrations
    NRG, the official energy partner of the New York Jets, will have a special activation outside the MetLife Gate starting at 2:00pm featuring an alumni signing from 5:30-6:15pm with Joe Klecko and Wayne Chrebet. Then during halftime, the Jets and NRG will unveil the new solar ring that encircles the 300-level – watch Klecko, Chrebet and NRG Solar CEO Tom Doyle “flip the switch” and see the magic the state-of-the art solar installation will create. With more than 1,300 solar panels installed around a mile of LED lights with infinite color changing possibilities, the ring will bring a whole new energy to the game.

Fans First
    Our goal every game is to ensure you have both an enjoyable and unforgettable gameday experience as well as a safe one. We are always on the lookout to keep your gameday safe and tackle bad behavior but can use your help! To report an issue anonymously on gameday text the word JETS to 78247 or call the Jets Guest Services Hotline at 201-559-1515.

One Car, One Spot Parking Policy
    Tailgating is an exciting ritual on gameday and is permitted provided guests tailgate in the same space occupied by their vehicle. Please be courteous to your fellow fans – open parking spaces should not be used for tailgating. This season MetLife Stadium and the Jets will be actively monitoring all lots with additional security and patrols enforcing the one car, one spot policy.

Official Jets App
    Take your gameday to the next level and download the official Jets App on your mobile phone for free! Get replays, roster and stats plus maps of the stadium and ability to report an issue. Visit www.newyorkjets.com/app to download.

Ticket Exchange
    When you sell tickets on NFL Ticket Exchange or forward them using Jets Account Manager, the original barcodes are canceled and new ones are issued immediately so there’s only one set of valid tickets available at a time. If someone tries to get in using the original tickets with canceled barcodes, we’ll flag your account and may suspend your selling and forwarding privileges while we investigate. This is part of our aggressive efforts to protect season ticket holders and other Jets fans from ticket fraud and provide a great gameday experience. Please don’t try to use your tickets or give them to friends or family after you’ve sold or forwarded them, and destroy them to make sure they don’t get lost or stolen. Remember: Once you sell or forward, shred 'em and forget 'em! For more information click here.

Take the Train to the Game
    Whether you're coming from NYC, New Jersey, Rockland, Westchester, Long Island or even Connecticut, simply take transit to NYC Penn Station (transfer at Secaucus), Secaucus Junction or Hoboken Terminal. From these locations, connect to the Meadowlands Rail Line. The train station is located at the Train Gate, just steps from the stadium. Click here for more information.

There are three trains from NYC Penn Station in the first 15 minutes of each hour to Secaucus Junction. If you miss the trains in the first 15 minutes of the hour, the next train will typically not be available for 45 minutes, which is the start of the next hour. The Hoboken train runs about every 10 minutes to the stadium. PATH trains at 34th Street–Herald Square run about every 10 minutes from 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m., then about every 20 minutes in the evening. Note that the NJ Transit Schedule is subject to change. For more information click here.

Take the Bus to the Game
    Another popular option is the Coach USA Bus Service, which offers the No. 351 direct bus service from the Port Authority Bus Terminal to the MetLife Sports Complex for all Jets home games. The 351 bus service will begin at 4:00 p.m. and will continue to run until 7:30 p.m. The 351 bus line will be operational for 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game. Dropoff and pickup at the stadium is located near Parking Lot K, same as the 2011 season. A roundtrip ticket costs $10 and a one-way ticket is $5 (exact change is required). For more information click here or call (800) 877-1888, Ext. 3.

Or Park Remotely
    Need a place to park and don’t have a season parking pass? Secaucus Park and Ride is located at 675 New County Rd. at Seaview Drive in Secaucus and costs $35/game — park your car, then hop on the NJ Transit train. Click here for more information on both options.

For more information on gameday and what's happening on the plaza, click here.

Thanks and Go Jets