Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Met Life Bowl

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

One Car, One Spot Parking Policy

"Tailgating is an exciting ritual on gameday and is permitted provided guests tailgate in the same space occupied by their vehicle. Please be courteous to your fellow fans open parking spaces should not be used for tailgating. This season MetLife Stadium and the Jets will be actively monitoring all lots with additional security and patrols enforcing the one car, one spot policy."

YES! Go get the burpers and farters, rat bastards.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

"Tailgating is an exciting ritual on gameday and is permitted provided guests tailgate in the same space occupied by their vehicle. Please be courteous to your fellow fans open parking spaces should not be used for tailgating. This season MetLife Stadium and the Jets will be actively monitoring all lots with additional security and patrols enforcing the one car, one spot policy."

SAR I
    the jets have posted the one car,one spot parking policy for 30yrs. dont mean crap when no one enforces the policy. and im pretty sure it will be the same thing this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    I like how the stadium is only two years old and they already have to refer to certain areas of the stadium as "the area formerly known as...".

It shows just what a great tradition we have as Jets fans.
    Actually it shows that the naming rights went to met life.

Hard to figure that one out

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

SAR I
    Sorry wine sipper. Additional security and patrols = extra $$$ out of Woody's pocket in a stadium he can't fill up even by offering $50 seats.
    He really doesn't care that much about your game day experience.
    He already cashed your check.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

SAR I
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Only until halftime. Not tailgating. I wanted to sell the tixx but my dad wanted to check out the new seats. I'm trying to make it down to Belmar at a reasonable time so I can "continue my pursuit of a classy Jersey Shore girl." What time are you arriving?
    not sure yet... what is your lot # again? Bringing the family to get it out of the way early... my 5 year old wants a Giant Jersey before we go... Girls are torture even at a young age... Good luck in Belmar... Met my first wife at DJ's. Ended up costing me a lot of Coaches Club PSL's $$$$ wise in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    We'll be rocking at L7 at about 50% capacity. Freaking Preseason.

Would be nice to win the Snoopy Bowl so we don't have to hear it again from Giants fans. Of course it's nowhere near as big as their victory over us last season, but this is the one Preseason game every year you'd like to win.
    my try to swing by there if my spot is taken

Got an exciting email from the Jets today! Read this:

Also new this season, a larger-than-life 8-foot tall Snoopy Statue will reside in MetLife Central (formerly the West Great Hall) by the 50-yard bench. Fans are encouraged to meet there before games and give Snoopy a good luck high-five before entering the stadium. We hope this can become a fun fan tradition!

8-foot tall Snoopy Statue! Suck it, Giants!

SAR I
    Exciting and Exclusive to STH....

Anyone else get the invite to be on field for the pregame chant, introductions, and anthem? Supposedly we'll be spelling out JETS on the field and running through the tunnel.

Nothing insane I don't think, but cool enough to skip the tailgate. Requires heading in @3:30 to prep and do the walk-through. Hopefully we can get a loud enough chant to shut up the midget fans for a couple minutes.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Anyone else get the invite to be on field for the pregame chant, introductions, and anthem? Supposedly we'll be spelling out JETS on the field and running through the tunnel.

Nothing insane I don't think, but cool enough to skip the tailgate. Requires heading in @3:30 to prep and do the walk-through. Hopefully we can get a loud enough chant to shut up the midget fans for a couple minutes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYz1FsON_So

Don't do it. This was the turnout for the same event for our "big" December armageddon against the Giants. Turned out to be the highlight of my season, actually.

Watching Firefraud humiliated and ignored on the field. I was laughing my ass off, was a great moment. You don't want to be subjected to it, trust me. "You know what we do. You know what we do. Let me hear youuuuuuuu. Let me hear youuuuuuu."

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 08-17-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

I got it, Mike

but I'm continuing my personal policy of avoiding all preseason games that I can manage to avoid

Cool have fun! Who invited you?

Practice Squad
    This organization is an embarrasment.

Quote Originally Posted by harris2dog View Post
    This organization is an embarrasment.
    the jets organization has been a embarrasment for the past 40+ yrs. did you think its going to change?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYz1FsON_So

Don't do it. This was the turnout for the same event for our "big" December armageddon against the Giants. Turned out to be the highlight of my season, actually.

Watching Firefraud humiliated and ignored on the field. I was laughing my ass off, was a great moment. You don't want to be subjected to it, trust me. "You know what we do. You know what we do. Let me hear youuuuuuuu. Let me hear youuuuuuu."

SAR I
    Sh*t... That's pretty bad.

Still probably do it though. Had the coaches club tickets for the KC game last year, which allowed access to the area on the field right behind the bench (pretty dumb actually after the novelty wears off, as ya can't see any of the game). Yet never been on the field yet other than that. So don't want to pass on the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Cool have fun! Who invited you?
    Thanks. Invite came from a random season ticket holder drawing or something by Client Relations.

As a Jets Season Ticket Holder, you have been randomly chosen to join us on the field before we take on the New York Giants this Saturday!

While the team prepares to take the field, we need your help to create the best home field advantage in the NFL. We will be organizing a pregame J-E-T-S chant so loud that the team can hear us in the locker room.

You and a guest are invited to help form the letters 'J-E-T-S' on the field in order to help lead the chant. Space is limited, so only the first season ticket holders to respond will participate in the pre-game chant.

If you are interested, you must be able to attend all of the following practice schedule:

3:30PM: Check-in and instructions at the stadium 4:00PM 4:30PM: On-field rehearsal 4:30PM 6PM: Break 6PM: Check-in for pregame huddle

As an integral part of our gameday production, you will be able to experience both the team introductions and national anthem on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I got it, Mike

but I'm continuing my personal policy of avoiding all preseason games that I can manage to avoid
    Don't blame you. I may skip Carolina game. Jet/Midget tailgate has turned into season kickoff tradition though. So I always go to this game.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Sh*t... That's pretty bad.

Still probably do it though. Had the coaches club tickets for the KC game last year, which allowed access to the area on the field right behind the bench (pretty dumb actually after the novelty wears off, as ya can't see any of the game). Yet never been on the field yet other than that. So don't want to pass on the opportunity.
    Good point. If I were invited I'd do it for my sons I guess.

We always boo Fireman Ed up in the good seats, listen for us.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I got it, Mike

Why? Game 3 is the best of the preseason games and it's at home.

Jets Insider VIP
    why??

because it is a BS scrimmage as are ALL ps games