Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennington @ TC today

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Im all for dusting off the old #10 jersey and just handing him the starting job. No questions asked.
    Having just stayed at the Cortland Holiday Inn Express I worry for Chad's well-being as the room doors open outwards.

SAR I

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Having just stayed at the Cortland Holiday Inn Express I worry for Chad's well-being as the room doors open outwards.

SAR I
    LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Sanchez ran over to give Pennington a hug between drills.
    Hope he didn't pop his shoulder out.

Noodle boy needs to stay as far away from the Jets as possible. In all of NFL history has one player been as overrated as the dink and dunk master.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets
    LOL.

Tanny really has no shame. He basically threw him out with the trash in 2008.
    Yeah. I also heard Tanny had dinner with Mangini at the HOF. Tanny is a real scumbag. No shame whatsoever.
    Something they all understand, that apparently you both don't.

The NFL is a business. In business, people and teams move on when it's in their best interests. That parting can't always be smiles and roses and kittens when one party still thinks they can play.

Business. Not personal.

There is no rational argument to be made that either Chad or Mangini should have been retained by Tanny.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

The NFL is a business. In business, people and teams move on when it's in their best interests. That parting can't always be smiles and roses and kittens when one party still thinks they can play.

Business. Not personal.

There is no rational argument to be made that either Chad or Mangini should have been retained by Tanny.
    Somebody gets it.

Post is 100% accurate.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Business. Not personal.

They both were essentially terminated when Favre was brought in to sell PSLs.

You are right. It was business. BAD BUSINESS.

Fire that door knob Cavanaugh and hire Pennington. Say what you will about chaddy cakes the guy was a smart QB.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I truly believe that Chad could help Sanchez improve about 20%. And what I mean by that is the mental preparation of the game.

There is no question that Sanchez is putting in maximum effort, I just want to make sure he is applying himself internally, mentally to the area where he can improve the most his internal dialogue, self-talk and hence his rapid fire decision making.
    +1

Great post, Chuck.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    2 guys the Jets need to hire as mentors or consultants. Not just for one day a year. Like full-time.

- Joe Namath
    - Chad Pennington
    You're assuming that either or both are interested in a full time football job.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Noodle boy needs to stay as far away from the Jets as possible. In all of NFL history has one player been as overrated as the dink and dunk master.
    Because you refuse or can't understand how much knowledge Penny has of the game and the position?

Because most fans can't see beyond their fan boy limitations?

What does his injury history, lack of arm strength have to do with his ability to teach? You know, other than to make some silly childish remarks?

Ignorance.

Favre was on pace to obliterate anythign Chad could have done in his place.

He got hurt.

It happens, even to the most durable. It happens more often to the less durable....like Chad. There is no question Chad, in place of Favre, is also hurt, and Mangini (and Chad) just as gone the next year, if not sooner.

PSL's are irrelevant to on-field reality here, that Favre was a clear-cut on-field upgrade to a broken Chad. With that said, I'm GLAD my owner wants to sell more seats. More seats sold, better atmosphere, more money for the owner, more money for the team to work with in the perifiery and on coaches/trainers/etc.

What fantasy world must you live in where retaining Chad and Mangini in perpetuity was the right choice going forward? Or are you just another knee-jerk "owner iz bad, owner is rich, owner suck!" troglodyte?
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-14-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Coach Pennington:

"Now Mark, Let's practice taking snaps from my favorite position, since that's where you will end up most plays givin this Oline"

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Or to win games.

Or are you really going to sit here and tell us before the Jets got Favre that you could make a stand that Penny gave the Jets the better chance of winning games than Favre? Really?

Or is it easier to play the negative card and give every reason other than the obvious for him being brought in. Every move to win games is a move to also sell tickets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post

I wish he were here to replace Cavanaugh!
    Couldn't agree more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Let's hope he shares his dance moves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQoRwFo_Uc

All League

===================================

Bad business? The Jets were 8 and 3 and just come off back to back wins over the undefeated Titans and the Pats, Favre set a record of what was it 5 TD passes against the Cards, then Favre got hurt. If he hadn't been hurt?????

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Former New York Jets quarterback Chad Pennington, whose time with the team ended unceremoniously in 2008, rejoined his old team Tuesday to help tutor the team's quarterbacks for a day in training camp.

Another twist in the Jets' quarterback soap opera.
    Typical Cimini.

The guy is incapable of reporting without being a tool.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Fire that door knob Cavanaugh and hire Pennington. Say what you will about chaddy cakes the guy was a smart QB.
    This.

_

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Typical Cimini.

The guy is incapable of reporting without being a tool.
    Agreed. Should have been:

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Former New York Jets quarterback Chad Pennington, the team fourth-leading passer of all-time and 2nd most playoff game winning QB, rejoined his old team Tuesday to help tutor the team's quarterbacks for a day in training camp.

But as we all know, drama and hype and the like sell. Which is why fans, smart fans, should ignore most of what these guys say, and only worry about the facts of any given report.