Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennington @ TC today

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Pennington @ TC today

Just saw on twitter that Chad will be at TC today helping with the QB's. Good to hear, hopefully he stickd around in some capacity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Just saw on twitter that Chad will be at TC today helping with the QB's. Good to hear, hopefully he stickd around in some capacity.
    With the upcoming game against the Giants crazy good DLine ... They brought Penny in to help teach 'the art of the check-down'.

Being a bit more serious ... I wish he were here to replace Cavanaugh!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    now the REAL competition at QB can begin!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 guys the Jets need to hire as mentors or consultants. Not just for one day a year. Like full-time.

- Joe Namath
    - Chad Pennington

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I truly believe that Chad could help Sanchez improve about 20%. And what I mean by that is the mental preparation of the game.

There is no question that Sanchez is putting in maximum effort, I just want to make sure he is applying himself internally, mentally to the area where he can improve the most his internal dialogue, self-talk and hence his rapid fire decision making.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Checking in before Savage gets off his Pavlovian Chaddycakes wisecrack

Delighted he is here to look at the QB's.

Sparano should have him on staff as an offensive assistant. After Eric Smith he would likely be one of the brighter bulbs in Florham Park.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Pennington would be a really good coach. He wasn't one of those awesome athletes with a cannon arm with everything coming easy for him. He had to work like mad on everything -- accuracy, footwork, studying up film, nuances, etc. -- to make it as a quality starter in the NFL. He knows what it takes to make it. Guys like that tend to convey things better. Not always, but coaching is also in Chad's blood. Watch ya back Cav! Competition everywhere in camp!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    This is the perfect offense for him to suck in, pity he's retired.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This is the perfect offense for him to suck in, pity he's retired.

SAR I
    LOL

Every now and then you are an asset to this board. Few and far between, but gotta give credit when it is due

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im all for dusting off the old #10 jersey and just handing him the starting job. No questions asked.
    Last edited by Joe W. Namath; 08-14-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Former New York Jets quarterback Chad Pennington, whose time with the team ended unceremoniously in 2008, rejoined his old team Tuesday to help tutor the team's quarterbacks for a day in training camp.

Another twist in the Jets' quarterback soap opera.

Pennington is familiar with coordinator Tony Sparano's offense, having played for the Miami Dolphins from 2008 to 2010. In fact, Pennington is familiar with the Wildcat package, which the Jets plan to run.

He will spend only a day in camp. He ran into general manager Mike Tannenbaum at the Hall of Fame ceremony for Curtis Martin, and Tannenbaum invited him to camp.

Pennington spent time in the offseason with Mark Sanchez, who flew to Pennington's home in South Florida. They huddled for several hours, Pennington teaching him about Sparano's philosophy and system.

Pennington, the fourth-leading passer in Jets history, was released the day after they traded for Brett Favre in August, 2008. A day later, Pennington signed with the Dolphins and came back to haunt his old team in the season finale, beating the Jets to clinch the AFC East for the Dolphins.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Former New York Jets quarterback Chad Pennington, whose time with the team ended unceremoniously in 2008, rejoined his old team Tuesday to help tutor the team's quarterbacks for a day in training camp.

Another twist in the Jets' quarterback soap opera.

Pennington is familiar with coordinator Tony Sparano's offense, having played for the Miami Dolphins from 2008 to 2010. In fact, Pennington is familiar with the Wildcat package, which the Jets plan to run.

He will spend only a day in camp. He ran into general manager Mike Tannenbaum at the Hall of Fame ceremony for Curtis Martin, and Tannenbaum invited him to camp.

Pennington spent time in the offseason with Mark Sanchez, who flew to Pennington's home in South Florida. They huddled for several hours, Pennington teaching him about Sparano's philosophy and system.

Pennington, the fourth-leading passer in Jets history, was released the day after they traded for Brett Favre in August, 2008. A day later, Pennington signed with the Dolphins and came back to haunt his old team in the season finale, beating the Jets to clinch the AFC East for the Dolphins.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter
    LOL.

Tanny really has no shame. He basically threw him out with the trash in 2008.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Sanchez ran over to give Pennington a hug between drills. The two spent time together in Florida in March

Pennington watching the QBs with his former coach Tony Sparano

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent News....Chad knows the system, helped tutor Mark in the offseason...and seems like he would be really good at teaching our QB's

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Namath isnt available. Very very busy preparing his.weekly segment ripping the Jets...their coach..their management...all their players...

Wants to kiss the flight crew though

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

Yeah. I also heard Tanny had dinner with Mangini at the HOF. Tanny is a real scumbag. No shame whatsoever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    With the upcoming game against the Giants crazy good DLine ... They brought Penny in to help teach 'the art of the check-down'.

Being a bit more serious ... I wish he were here to replace Cavanaugh!
    Agreed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Namath isnt available. Very very busy preparing his.weekly segment ripping the Jets...their coach..their management...all their players...

Wants to kiss the flight crew though

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Which is why they should just give him a job. He wouldn't be doing radio if he was working for the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Yeah. I also heard Tanny had dinner with Mangini at the HOF. Tanny is a real scumbag. No shame whatsoever.
    Are you being serious?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

... he is doing exactly what a good GM should ... making any move possible that he believes will improve his team ...

l_j_r