Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennington @ TC today

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ===================================

Bad business? The Jets were 8 and 3 and just come off back to back wins over the undefeated Titans and the Pats, Favre set a record of what was it 5 TD passes against the Cards, then Favre got hurt. If he hadn't been hurt?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Ignorance.

Favre was on pace to obliterate anythign Chad could have done in his place.

He got hurt.

It happens, even to the most durable. It happens more often to the less durable....like Chad. There is no question Chad, in place of Favre, is also hurt, and Mangini (and Chad) just as gone the next year, if not sooner.

PSL's are irrelevant to on-field reality here, that Favre was a clear-cut on-field upgrade to a broken Chad. With that said, I'm GLAD my owner wants to sell more seats. More seats sold, better atmosphere, more money for the owner, more money for the team to work with in the perifiery and on coaches/trainers/etc.

What fantasy world must you live in where retaining Chad and Mangini in perpetuity was the right choice going forward? Or are you just another knee-jerk "owner iz bad, owner is rich, owner suck!" troglodyte?
    I am not going to sit here and say that Chad was a better QB than Favre. That is stupid.

It is my belief that Mangini wanted no part of Favre. Favre sabotaged the season. His record became more important than the team's success. That was a gamble Tanny took. It is my belief that he was encouraged to take that gamble by his owner. An owner that had a new stadium to pay for and back pages to take from the Giants.

- Giants win SB, Jets trade for Favre.
    - Giants win SB, Jets trade for Tebow.

Ultimately you have to judge things in their entirety. We love to cherry-pick. I am guilty of it as well. We were 8-3 until Favre got hurt and became selfish. But we knew Favre was selfish and there was a chance that it could backfire. That was a risk that we knowingly took. Jets were 8-8 with Favre. Not 8-3. Just like we were 8-8 last year, not 8-5.

It was bad business b.c the Jets were building with Mangini and the Favre move made us automatically a "win now" team. Which is fine. But it was a sudden and stark change in plans. And that shows instability.

I don't want to make it sound like I am defending Mangini. He made plenty of mistakes and his personality was terrible when he was here. But the Jets did to Mangini in 2008 what they are doing to Sanchez this year.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-14-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    2 guys the Jets need to hire as mentors or consultants. Not just for one day a year. Like full-time.

- Joe Namath
    - Chad Pennington
    Namath is becoming senile, and has become a bit full of himself lately, not interested.

Pennington. HELL YES, he would be a GREAT addition to the team in any capacity, especially to the coaching staff, a true ambassador of the game and the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Typical Cimini.

The guy is incapable of reporting without being a tool.

You're on a roll today...

Jets Insider VIP
    Can we get a pick of Chad, Sanchez and tebow together? it would be classic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Can we get a pick of Chad, Sanchez and tebow together? it would be classic.
    You mean Larry, Moe and Christ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Namath is becoming senile, and has become a bit full of himself lately, not interested.

Pennington. HELL YES, he would be a GREAT addition to the team in any capacity, especially to the coaching staff, a true ambassador of the game and the team.
    Sure...SB winner no, basic loser, cant stay on the field, hell yes?

That says everythig we need to know about RAY

Jets Insider VIP

You're on a roll today...

It's just my inner homer coming out.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It's just my inner homer coming out.
    Oh noes.

Soon I will be the only doom and gloomer left.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Sure...SB winner no, basic loser, cant stay on the field, hell yes?

That says everythig we need to know about RAY
    Or the limited who confuse ability to play with coaching.

Only the simplest of simple judge a coach only by his playing career.

2 guys the Jets need to hire as mentors or consultants. Not just for one day a year. Like full-time.

- Joe Namath
    - Chad Pennington
    Pennington seems like a natural, he should be our
    QB coach, he got more out of his blown out throwing
    shoulder than any player in history, Tebo and Sanch
    should definitely watch Pennington's last game
    as a Jet vs, the Patriots, it was an unbelievable
    performance, a true work of ART.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Or the limited who confuse ability to play with coaching.

Only the simplest of simple judge a coach only by his playing career.
    I totally get that...catchers make good managers etc. This was more about people who dismiss Namath. I have not heard anything from namath that was incorrect yet as it comes to QB play.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I totally get that...catchers make good managers etc. This was more about people who dismiss Namath. I have not heard anything from namath that was incorrect yet as it comes to QB play.
    I think Namath would make an excellent mentor. Who better to teach about life experience than Namath? Now maybe he doesn't want to work for the Jets but I think just getting him off the radio would be beneficial to us. We don't need our franchises greatest player saying anything bad about us. It looks bad. We should have a great relationship with him. We don't have many past Jets that are all-time NFL greats, we should utilize the ones we have any way we can.

Something they all understand, that apparently you both don't.

The NFL is a business. In business, people and teams move on when it's in their best interests. That parting can't always be smiles and roses and kittens when one party still thinks they can play.

Business. Not personal.
    +1!

It didn't take long for Mangini to rebound. Eleven days later, he was hired by the Browns.

I asked him Tuesday if he had any residual hard feelings against the Jets.

"I've sat across enough desks and told guys that they're not going to be with the team anymore and that's part of what we deal with," Mangini said.

"They gave me a tremendous opportunity. Mike and Woody while I was there were incredibly supportive. So I appreciate that fact. I really am proud of what we built there and the type of people that we committed to and the positive things that we did that I think showed up last year."

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...e-tannenbaum/2

Veteran

+1

If you can't fix the OL bring in someone who can teach pain management.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think Namath would make an excellent mentor. Who better to teach about life experience than Namath? Now maybe he doesn't want to work for the Jets but I think just getting him off the radio would be beneficial to us. We don't need our franchises greatest player saying anything bad about us. It looks bad. We should have a great relationship with him. We don't have many past Jets that are all-time NFL greats, we should utilize the ones we have any way we can.
    I dont feel strongly as namath being a coach. He seems to not be the type BUT , the team , IMO, should embrace him as the ambassador of the club in some respect/aspect.

Penny will probably make a good coach someday however, he'll probably be as good as Kubiak in Houston if he gets that high. Cerebral but in the end....mediocrity.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post

If you can't fix the OL bring in someone who can teach pain management.

Perfect.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This is the perfect offense for him to suck in, pity he's retired.

SAR I
    What law says he has to stay retired? He's over a year removed from his latest rotator cuff surgery, that's a lifetime for Chad and his surgeries, so why not sign the beast up?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Agreed. Should have been:

Former New York Jets quarterback Chad Pennington, the 2nd most playoff game winning QB...
    It's a damn shame he didn't get a Back-To-Back AFC Championship Game Losers t-shirt. Perhaps we'll get Rusty Staub to hand him an autographed one on Chad Pennington Go Away Day.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh noes.

Soon I will be the only doom and gloomer left.
    No worries.

It comes and goes.

It's not permanent.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    What law says he has to stay retired? He's over a year removed from his latest rotator cuff surgery, that's a lifetime for Chad and his surgeries, so why not sign the beast up?
    In my life I've never seen a fanbase so devoted to such a lousy player. Plenty of three-legged-dogs available at the animal shelter. Go adopt one.

SAR I