Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/14 Tweets and Info

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

8/14 Tweets and Info

Holmes (rib) working on side with rehab group, not in positional drills. #Jets

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI Holmes, Kerley running along sideline together #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini WR Kerley (hamstring) participating in positional drills. #Jets

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI Kerley was standing w/ WRs during drills, but didn't do anything. Just watched. #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz Kerley doing positional drills #nyj

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Holmes, Kerley, Sapp, Lankster, Schilens and Torrence working on the side as practice starts #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeane Coakley ‏@JeaneCoakley Jeremy Kerley and Santonio Holmes doing sprints. Both are not expected to play on Saturday. #jets #nyj http://pic.twitter.com/3ntxYH2m

Good news about Kerley. Might not be ready to practice, play - but if he's doing sprints, he's getting close

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    *Sigh I'm starting to see why Rex is down on Kerley.

I guess he plans to spend the whole training camp on the sideline.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ Sione Po'uha not at practice. Dealing with lower back issue. #Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sapp, Kerley and Chaz the Glass need to get on the field . I don't see no reason to keep these guys on the final roster. Especially Sapp with the younger OLB's behind him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    *Sigh I'm starting to see why Rex is down on Kerley.

I guess he plans to spend the whole training camp on the sideline.
    I think it's because it was obvious that he didn't work during the offseason. He showed up out of shape, and without a grasp of the playbook.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ Sione Po'uha not at practice. Dealing with lower back issue. #Jets
    I am starting to worry about Pouha, he is old and has avoided injury for a long time. Looks like it might have finally caught up with him. At least Ellis looks good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Sapp, Kerley and Chaz the Glass need to get on the field . I don't see no reason to keep these guys on the final roster. Especially Sapp with the younger OLB's behind him.
    Overreact much?

BTW, how many of the OLBs on the roster are younger than Sapp?

That said, if the Browns cut Carlton Mitchell, I could see picking him up and letting Schillens go. Same athletic upside, less injured.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Overreact much?

BTW, how many of the OLBs on the roster are younger than Sapp?

That said, if the Browns cut Carlton Mitchell, I could see picking him up and letting Schillens go. Same athletic upside, less injured.
    Overreact no, but Rex is visible upset with these injuries and he could send a message. The reason I say Sapp because he is not a guarantee and he has Richardson who is not younger, Davis and Dowtin behind him who already are receiving praise from the CS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think it's because it was obvious that he didn't work during the offseason. He showed up out of shape, and without a grasp of the playbook.
    Which really shouldn't be the case for 2nd year guy. And to think guy wanted to be the #2 WR.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Overreact no, but Rex is visible upset with these injuries and he could send a message. The reason I say Sapp because he is not a guarantee and he has Richardson who is not younger, Davis and Dowtin behind him who already are receiving praise from the CS.
    Davis is an ILB and a lock to make the roster. Dowtin has been sidelined with injury until recently and is a likely PS candidate. Richardson may have a shot at the roster, but Sapp was getting a lot of praise from the coaches when he was healthy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Davis is an ILB and a lock to make the roster. Dowtin has been sidelined with injury until recently and is a likely PS candidate. Richardson may have a shot at the roster, but Sapp was getting a lot of praise from the coaches when he was healthy.
    Didn't sapp just get hurt recently he was having a great camp prior to from everything I heard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't sapp just get hurt recently he was having a great camp prior to from everything I heard.
    Yep.

Finally, a substantive update:

New York Jets ‏@nyjets #JH Sanchez with 25-yard completion to WR Jordan White who gets the catch over Revis.

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Nice 20+ yard catch by Jordan White on a pass from Mark Sanchez. #Jets

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz Beautiful catch by Jordan White on the sideline #nyj

Pretty sure White will make the roster.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep.

Finally, a substantive update:

New York Jets ‏@nyjets #JH Sanchez with 25-yard completion to WR Jordan White who gets the catch over Revis.

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Nice 20+ yard catch by Jordan White on a pass from Mark Sanchez. #Jets

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz Beautiful catch by Jordan White on the sideline #nyj

Pretty sure White will make the roster.
    The fact that he was on the field in that first preseason game with Sanchez makes me agree. lol if only he caught that pass.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the kicker Jordan White Broke his leg and still made it back on the field before Kerley.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the kicker Jordan White Broke his leg and still made it back on the field before Kerley.
    I think it was his foot. And it's disappointing that Kerley has missed so much time, but if his hammy is bothering him, its bothering him. No need to rush him back if sitting him now will get him to 100% when the real games start.

Wasn't long ago that we all were ready to anoint him the slot receiver of the future.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz Bilal Powell does not shy away from contact in pass protection. #nyj

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    With the 3s: Allen sack of McElroy, Trufant tip and interception. #nyj

Allen continues to make plays

Trufant tips the ball up and makes an interception. He could be the 5th cornerback #nyj

Trainers working on Stephen Hill's right hand/wrist #nyj

New York Jets ‏@nyjets
    #JH McElroy's short pass intended for WR Jordan White intercepted by CB Isaiah Trufant. Play appeared to be a miscommunication

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets rookie WR Stephen Hill getting fingers on right hand looked at by trainer John Mellody. Take a look: #nyj http://pic.twitter.com/q07DdmRx

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas Stephen Hill is getting ring finger on right hand taped by trainers. #nyj

Looks like it's Hill's finger. Doesn't look serious. He's going back in #nyj

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ Stephen Hill getting finger on right hand taped. Looks like he's in pain. #Jets

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Sanchez 5-for-6 in 7on7 drill, with 3 TDs. Hill came back in to drill, btw. #nyj