Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 8/14 Tweets and Info

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    New York Jets ‏@nyjets
    #RL Jets tonight update 2 injuries: WR Stephen Hill, finger X-rays negative...NT Sione Po'uha, purpose of earleir trip to NYC was to have his back examined.
    Good to hear about Hill. Need him more then anyone out there.

And really sucks to hear about Pouha. Doesn't sound like he'll be back anytime soon. Having him in rotation on that dline would be sick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Belichick - Brown (DB), Edelman (DB), Vrabel (TE), Hernandez (RB) Just to name a few, these players and the positions in parenthesis, are positions that the player played as a secondary position.

There are more if I spend time analyzing it. Parcells used to do this a lot. Remember Jim Jensen of the Miami Dolphins? I suggest you google him up, he's a prime example of a player playing multiple roles effeciently and the example of versatility that teams like to have available to them.
    There's a difference between taking a player who is used to getting hit (like Brown or Edelman) and asking them to deliver a blow (play defense) and taking a player not used to getting hit and putting them in a position to be leveled. There's a reason Vrabel was never used as a TE except on the goal line (where he couldn't be hit after a catch). Having Cro run crossing patterns would be coaching malpractice given his importance to the defense and the fact that he isn't sufficiently better than other WRs on the roster who could run those routes to make the risk of exposing him to a big hit worth it.

That said, I doubt we'll see it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    There's a difference between taking a player who is used to getting hit (like Brown or Edelman) and asking them to deliver a blow (play defense) and taking a player not used to getting hit and putting them in a position to be leveled. There's a reason Vrabel was never used as a TE except on the goal line (where he couldn't be hit after a catch). Having Cro run crossing patterns would be coaching malpractice given his importance to the defense and the fact that he isn't sufficiently better than other WRs on the roster who could run those routes to make the risk of exposing him to a big hit worth it.

That said, I doubt we'll see it.
    Yes.
    Agree
    +1
    Kudos
    Here here!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Nick Bellore also being worked as a FB - Per Rex
    Terminator is gone I think.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I won't necessarily miss him. He is a good blocker, but he offers absolutely nothing else. It would be nice to have a FB that can run occasionally or catch a pass. Maybe Ganaway is the FB of the future.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    New York Jets ‏@nyjets

Good to hear about Hill. Need him more then anyone out there.

And really sucks to hear about Pouha. Doesn't sound like he'll be back anytime soon. Having him in rotation on that dline would be sick.
    Definitely bro. Having the full complement of talent on the field on both sides of the ball is something I really look forward to. Holmes needs to get better soon too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    5th round pick from Kentucky. Rex (Give the coach a pick) went there for a LB and got the terminator. Sounds pretty undisciplined.

Basically..... NO VALUE to this team. What a waste of a 5th rounder.

I guess no Haitian linemen were available?

We are pretty good at wasting picks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Overreact much?

BTW, how many of the OLBs on the roster are younger than Sapp?

How many OLB's on ANY NFL teams roster are FASTER than Sapp? Not many at all. Rex is high on the kid and lets not forget Bryan Thomas is coming off a injury and he's not on there for his speed or playmaking ability but rather to seal the edge. With all the injuries and with Sapp's history with injuries they are going to play it extra safe with Sapp. Its VERY early in camp still. Things will pick up in a week or 2 and move at a much faster pace. No need to rush Sapp at all if he isn't healthy. Even if he plays 1 or 2 pre season games and plays 30 snaps or more we'll see if he can make plays and what he's capable of. Give it time