Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Brian Costello: Sanchez has had great camp

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    And why would you be holding the organizations feet to the fire anyway? Are tou a fan?
    He's the champion of Jet fans everywhere. I mean someone has got to stand up for the weak and powerless. Thank God we finally have someone who will not tolerate these injustices. I mean I thought it was very clear that he said the offensive line only had one breakdown. IE a play where they didn't have the proper protections called, and this was clearly explained earlier in this thread, but still any miscommunication should not be tolerated, and now we finally have someone with the ways and means to make sure they pay dearly for any mistakes real or imagined. I'm sure they'll play better in all facets as long as they're in fear of their feet in the fire. For sure they will explain themselves in a manner more understandable to the remedial, and reactionary SOJFs. I'm sure I speak for all true Jet fans when I say We cannot thank you enough Mr. Hard Knockers. You are a true man of genius. Bud light should do a commercial for you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He's the champion of Jet fans everywhere. I mean someone has got to stand up for the weak and powerless. Thank God we finally have someone who will not tolerate these injustices. I mean I thought it was very clear that he said the offensive line only had one breakdown. IE a play where they didn't have the proper protections called, and this was clearly explained earlier in this thread, but still any miscommunication should not be tolerated, and now we finally have someone with the ways and means to make sure they pay dearly for any mistakes real or imagined. I'm sure they'll play better in all facets as long as they're in fear of their feet in the fire. For sure they will explain themselves in a manner more understandable to the remedial, and reactionary SOJFs. I'm sure I speak for all true Jet fans when I say We cannot thank you enough Mr. Hard Knockers. You are a true man of genius. Bud light should do a commercial for you.

ROFL. Nicely played.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

Until we see Sanchez perform in a real live NFL game all of this is just conjecture.

Did you miss Sanchez's last 53 NFL starts?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Still trolling, still an a-hole, still not banned...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I caught one of those games....it was January 2011 on the road in New England, how did he do again?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see that Mark is having a terrific training camp. I think it will carry over into the season now that the Schotty albatross has been removed from his neck

Sad to see that PatstrollTX is still derailing and hijacking Jet threads at a Jet fan message board

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I caught one of those games....it was January 2011 on the road in New England, how did he do again?
    Congrats on that divisional playoff game win.

Too bad that game is the biggest recent win in Jets history.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on that divisional playoff game win.

Too bad that game is the biggest recent win in Jets history.
    Was using that to illustrate that Sanchez has in fact played great in big games in his past.

Side note, I missed the Pats biggest recent win, was that backing into another SB loss after the Ravens gave you a win?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKnocks View Post
    That's a legit point of view for an optimistic fan, and we all hope it comes true. But here are the facts. As of this moment We have seen mediocre RB play, sub par OL play, we have just one true professional WR, (and he's hurt), and the QB who looked the most comfortable throwing the football is McElroy. That is not a pretty picture of the the offense so far. But that, unfortunately is where we stand to this point.

Certainly a lot can change in the next 3 weeks and the next 3 month. Tt could all turn out well, eventually. But until we actually see that will happen, we as fans have to deal with the present. And as of the present the only signs we have that are positive are the play of certain individuals. The play of the 3 entities, (offense, defense, ST's) as a unit, has been a lot less than exemplary.

As fans lets stay in the present, and if we need to be positive, lets focus on what the individuals are doing and hope they can eventually become a team
    Do you not remember last preseason? There's NO WAY we looked worse this year -- it's flat out not possible.

Again, I'm not being "optimistic" -- I have no idea what this season holds. But it's a little ignorant for people to cry that the sky is falling, when we looked just as bad (if not worse) last year and were still 8-5 in December . . .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    And why would you be holding the organizations feet to the fire anyway? Are tou a fan?
    Fine, I was caught making an overly zealous inappropriate remark in mid rant. It must the first time that that that has ever happened here. Sorry.

But that doesn't make the overall point less valid. Assuming Sparano is correct and there was only one offensive breakdown on the OL, then what does that say about the other 6 position players? That's what I'm trying (though unsuccessfully to this point) to point out in this thread.

I don't think of myself as a negative fan, though I clearly have some problems with the way this organization runs. I want the team to be successful. I'm tired of being viewed as the obnoxious attention seeking little brother in my own market. I'm tired of playing David to the Patriots' Goliath in the division. I'm tired of being the media's laughing stock, yet I think most of it has been justified and needlessly self inflicted

In the future will try to attempt to focus more on what we are doing well. I just wish the team as a whole would just shut up and work hard to get better, and leave the bravado, and complaints to the media and the fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    i thought HardKnockers was just DWC, but now I'm confused. DWC with a chip on his shoulder perhaps? Still not enough statz though..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKnocks View Post
    Fine, I was caught making an overly zealous inappropriate remark in mid rant. It must the first time that that that has ever happened here. Sorry.

But that doesn't make the overall point less valid. Assuming Sparano is correct and there was only one offensive breakdown on the OL, then what does that say about the other 6 position players? That's what I'm trying (though unsuccessfully to this point) to point out in this thread.

I don't think of myself as a negative fan, though I clearly have some problems with the way this organization runs. I want the team to be successful. I'm tired of being viewed as the obnoxious attention seeking little brother in my own market. I'm tired of playing David to the Patriots' Goliath in the division. I'm tired of being the media's laughing stock, yet I think most of it has been justified and needlessly self inflicted

In the future will try to attempt to focus more on what we are doing well. I just wish the team as a whole would just shut up and work hard to get better, and leave the bravado, and complaints to the media and the fans.
    Thing is, it's a new offensive system and protection schemes have changed. If the Oline hasn't practiced to defend something, then it's not a breakdown.

It would be different if Shotty were still the OC and if we were running the same offense as last year with the same guys, then you'd expect that they should already have experience handling that blitz.

In my view, this also explains why the defense seems to be so far ahead of the offense. You have a core group of players who are working in the same system that they have been in for a number of years. Bart's been playing in this defense for what? 8 years ? Yeah, the've added some new players who have to get up to speed, but those players can lean on the guys who have experience in the system. (This is one of the reasons that "continuity" is actually really important.)