Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biden ‘They’re going to put y’all back in chains’

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Someones interpiritation, the feelings that are engendered in them by others, cannot be "wrong". It's entirely about how something comes across and feels to that person as they consume the item in question (in this case, the words of a post).

It's kind of like racism.

You may not mean to be a racist, but something you say can (and often is) interprited as BEING racist by those who hear/read it.

Your intentions (or claimed intentions, as the case may be) would not delegitimize the recipients interpritation of how those words present themselves and are consumed and absorbed by it's recipients.

You may (or may not) not BE angry Piney. But your posts, as I consume them, are.
    I kind of disagree with this, basically you are saying that no matter my intent, if you intepret them as angry posts they are then angry posts, even if there is no anger on my part when writing them. An interesting discussion to be honest.

Although we may be using the wrong word (which is probably my fault).

I believe what you are doing is infering an angry tone from the length of my posts, not interpreting the post to be angry.

And in that case, I still stand by my statement that you infered incorrectly, since inferring can also be defined as a guess.
    Did I win?
    Last edited by piney; 08-16-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I kind of disagree with this, basically you are saying that no matter my intent, if you intepret them as angry posts they are then angry posts, even if there is no anger on my part when writing them. An interesting discussion to be honest.

Although we may be using the wrong word (which is probably my fault).

I believe what you are doing is infering an angry tone from the length of my posts, not interpreting the post to be angry.

And in that case, I still stand by my statement that you infered incorrectly, since inferring can also be defined as a guess.
    Did I win?
    He voluntarily listens to talk radio.

That would make any of us angry.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Indeed, as it has ramification in the broader socio-political debate realm.

Did I win?[/I]
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    He voluntarily listens to talk radio.

That would make any of us angry.
    Lol, aye. No question there.

Ironic that Biden says this when it was him and Baraka Hussayn Usama who put us in chains when he raised our taxes years ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Fake outrage along with the pandering and outragous statements are all diverting attention away from a real debate and government transparency which neither side wants to engage in because it would crimp their ability to take care of their constituents.

Had the oppportunity to recently see "Campaign" - the new Will Ferrel movie.
    His behavior as a candidate mirrors Biden's a bit. He's a Dem in the flick BTW. Reco it as a good laugh.

All League
    Biden is a donkey's ass.

Banned
    Someone voted for these idiots. The lower 50% IQ crowd.