Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biden ‘They’re going to put y’all back in chains’

Biden ‘They’re going to put y’all back in chains’

http://freebeacon.com/biden-on-romne...ack-in-chains/

Vice President Joe Biden told supporters that Republicans would “put y’all back in chains,” during a campaign speech Tuesday in Danville, Va.

VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: They’ve said it. Every Republican’s voted for it. Look at what they value and look at their budget and what they’re proposing. Romney wants to let the—he said in the first 100 days, he’s going to let the big banks once again write their own rules–unchain Wall Street. They’re going to put y’all back in chains. He’s said he’s going to do nothing about stopping the practice of outsourcing…

Biden was introduced at the campaign event by Center for American Progress Action Fund president Tom Perriello, who called Biden “the conscience of our nation’s capital.”

UPDATE: Romney campaign spokesperson Andrea Saul said Biden’s “chains” comments were unacceptable.

“The comments made by the vice president of the United States are not acceptable in our political discourse and demonstrate yet again that the Obama campaign will say and do anything to win this election,” Saul said in a statement released by the campaign. ”President Obama should tell the American people whether he agrees with Joe Biden’s comments.”

Jesus... Imagine Romney or Paul saying that... There'd be a fargin' race riot...

Hall Of Fame
    Forget the "chains" remark.

Watch this from the same speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UhdUBDUfZLY

BTW, he was speaking in Virginia

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Jesus... Imagine Romney or Paul saying that... There'd be a fargin' race riot...
    Interested to see if this gets reported anywhere tonight. The Dems apparently have no problem with continuing to split this country in ways unseen since the 60's.

I can't wait to see Biden and Ryan debate, lmao

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post

lol someone needs to wake him up

Hall Of Fame
    Guise its OK. He's on their team.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    lol someone needs to wake him up
    Obama doesn't know how many states there are. They are a perfect match.

BTW THIS is a gaffe.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-14-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post

LOL, I don't know which was more ignorant, the blatant race baiting, the fact that he didn't know where he was, or the idea that they have a chance at winning North Carolina.

All Pro
    Was he drunk again?

All League
    I love it. This kind of phony outrage, one of those "My guy can say it but yours can't" moments.

Having said that, of course it is a stupid thing to say, and it very well could have been deliberate and not a gaffe. Having Biden say it helps the Dems pawn it off as one of those "Aw Shucks" moments for him. Even though when taken in context it's obvious he wasn't speaking about race.

Politics as usual though, "I'm okay when my guy does it and outraged when yours does."

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I love it. This kind of phony outrage, one of those "My guy can say it but yours can't" moments.

Having said that, of course it is a stupid thing to say, and it very well could have been deliberate and not a gaffe. Having Biden say it helps the Dems pawn it off as one of those "Aw Shucks" moments for him. Even though when taken in context it's obvious he wasn't speaking about race.

Politics as usual though, "I'm okay when my guy does it and outraged when yours does."
    Hilarious and predictable...

Charter JI Member

The next time Romney tells a mostly black audience that his opponents want to put them 'back' in chains please feel free to point it out and take your victory lap. While you wait for that to happen take note of your candidate's stupidity.

All League
    haha, want to talk predictable...these responses obviously show that you guys just hit the reply button and didn't read what I wrote.

I guess when Michele Bachmann said that the kids who voted for Obama would end up in shackles and chains that was different, and okay.

I get it.

You guys are married to the R party, that's cool, but don't pretend to be unbiased.

It's funny, when Democrats say things like "We need to raise the level of political discourse in this country." and then turn around and call Republicans nazis, liberals defend them.

When Republicans decry the Dems use of the phrase "war on Women" and then use the same term on the left, conservatives defend them.

round and round.

The next time Romney tells a mostly black audience that his opponents want to put them 'back' in chains please feel free to point it out and take your victory lap. While you wait for that to happen take note of your candidate's stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Hilarious and predictable...
    "my canidate" laughable.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson. I've stated this about half a dozen times, but keep at it, obviously since I am not chomping at the bit about this I must be in Obama's pocket.

Good Stuff.

All League
    I'm voting for Gary Johnson.
    Will Gary Johnson be on the ballot in New York State?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Johnson

Gary Earl Johnson (born January 1, 1953) is an American businessman, a former Governor of New Mexico, and the Libertarian Party nominee for President of the United States in the 2012 election. Johnson served as the 29th Governor of New Mexico from 1995 to 2003, as a member of the Republican Party, and is known for his low-tax libertarian views and his regular participation in triathlons.

Johnson founded one of New Mexico's largest construction companies. He entered politics for the first time by running for Governor of New Mexico in 1994 on a fiscally conservative, low-tax, anti-crime platform. He beat incumbent Democratic governor Bruce King by 50% to 40%. He cut the 10% annual growth in the budget: in part, due to his use of the gubernatorial veto 200 times during his first six months in office, which gained him the nickname "Governor Veto".

Johnson sought re-election in 1998, winning by 55% to 45%. In his second term, he concentrated on the issue of school voucher reforms, as well as campaigning for marijuana decriminalization. During his tenure as governor, Johnson adhered to an anti-tax and anti-bureaucracy policy, setting state and national records for his use of veto powers: more than the other 49 contemporary governors put together. Term-limited, Johnson could not run for re-election at the end of his second term. As a fitness enthusiast, Johnson has taken part in several Ironman Triathlons, and he climbed Mount Everest in May 2003.

Johnson announced his candidacy for President on April 21, 2011, as a Republican. On December 28, 2011, he withdrew his candidacy for the Republican nomination and announced that he would continue his presidential campaign as a candidate for the nomination of the Libertarian Party. He won the Libertarian Party nomination on May 5, 2012. His vice-presidential nominee running mate is James P. Gray.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Will Gary Johnson be on the ballot in New York State?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Johnson

Gary Earl Johnson (born January 1, 1953) is an American businessman, a former Governor of New Mexico, and the Libertarian Party nominee for President of the United States in the 2012 election. Johnson served as the 29th Governor of New Mexico from 1995 to 2003, as a member of the Republican Party, and is known for his low-tax libertarian views and his regular participation in triathlons.

Johnson founded one of New Mexico's largest construction companies. He entered politics for the first time by running for Governor of New Mexico in 1994 on a fiscally conservative, low-tax, anti-crime platform. He beat incumbent Democratic governor Bruce King by 50% to 40%. He cut the 10% annual growth in the budget: in part, due to his use of the gubernatorial veto 200 times during his first six months in office, which gained him the nickname "Governor Veto".

Johnson sought re-election in 1998, winning by 55% to 45%. In his second term, he concentrated on the issue of school voucher reforms, as well as campaigning for marijuana decriminalization. During his tenure as governor, Johnson adhered to an anti-tax and anti-bureaucracy policy, setting state and national records for his use of veto powers: more than the other 49 contemporary governors put together. Term-limited, Johnson could not run for re-election at the end of his second term. As a fitness enthusiast, Johnson has taken part in several Ironman Triathlons, and he climbed Mount Everest in May 2003.

Johnson announced his candidacy for President on April 21, 2011, as a Republican. On December 28, 2011, he withdrew his candidacy for the Republican nomination and announced that he would continue his presidential campaign as a candidate for the nomination of the Libertarian Party. He won the Libertarian Party nomination on May 5, 2012. His vice-presidential nominee running mate is James P. Gray.

I hope so, if not I will write him in.

Being in NY it will be a win for Obama anyway, so my vote for president feels mostly ceremonial.

I am unhappy with Obama and unimpressed with Romney.

I don't see too big a difference between the two.

And how can I vote for a guy who when asked "What did you buy" at the hardware store his answer was "hardware stuff"

Banned
    can you blame him? That stuff works.

The average dem voter is an idiot.

Charter JI Member
    somewhat predictable news reporting on Biden this morning's websites...CNN has nothing (lol) MSNBC has Biden spinning it back at GOP, and FOX has Romney saying it's an "angry presidency"

Piney, I really don't know what sort of reaction you thought you would get when you say the responses to Biden's remarks are predictable, yes it is predictable that comments that are racially charged and downright stupid coming from the man sitting a breath away from the presidency will get a rise out of people that are not led around by left leaning media. I repeat, when Romney says something along these lines you can take your victory lap.

Hall Of Fame

Banned
    I really don't know what sort of reaction you thought you would get when you say the responses to Biden's remarks are predictable
    Well I should hope so.

Thinking people will generally respond in similar fashion to people in power making lunatic statements.

This is something to crap in your hand and fling it at somebody over? Piney seems to think so.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    And how can I vote for a guy who when asked "What did you buy" at the hardware store his answer was "hardware stuff"
    Interesting the qualifiers some folks use to judge potential Presidents.

I'm far more interested in views and policy platforms on individual liberty and freedom (and responsabillity as well) than what he bought at a hardware store, or a gotcha-moment about gallons of milk, or how much he paid in taxes as long as he followed the law (for which we have the IRS).

I'm far more interested in ideaology. What drives a man, what philosophy does a man support or believe in. What created the man's ideas on the world. And how that translates into the policy positions he supports (in action and deed) today.

But hey, if what he bought at ahardware store in your straw that broke the camels was-never-voting-Romney-anyway back, so be it.