Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Demps wants to play football.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL @ the "sprinter" argument.

More importantly, how many NFL players are as fast as Demps? At least any who would be trying to catch him with the ball. Any?

It may take him a little while to get into "football shape" and get used to contact again, but I think he would at least be an asset in the return game.

He could lessen McKnight's exposure to injury on the KR and if he can field punts, even better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Damn - that kid is like quicksilver !

Give him a crease and he blows by everybody. You can't teach speed.

And I love the idea about sticking him in there with Tebow and running some Florida plays. How fun would that be to watch.

I hope Tannenbaum does whatever it takes to get Demps on the team.
    Exactly. And he's not just a track star. He's a football player. I'd be excited about getting this kid.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You don't make it onto an Olympic silver medal winning sprint team without being a good sprinter.
    +1 in what crazy world is he living in where being a top 15 sprinter in the world is considered not a good sprinter? Friggin America, if your not first your last. He should have definitely skipped a chance at representing our country in the biggest stage in the world to be some teams 4rb and drafted in the late rounds of the draft.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL @ the "sprinter" argument.

More importantly, how many NFL players are as fast as Demps? At least any who would be trying to catch him with the ball. Any?

It may take him a little while to get into "football shape" and get used to contact again, but I think he would at least be an asset in the return game.

He could lessen McKnight's exposure to injury on the KR and if he can field punts, even better.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    +1 in what crazy world is he living in where being a top 15 sprinter in the world is considered not a good sprinter? Friggin America, if your not first your last. He should have definitely skipped a chance at representing our country in the biggest stage in the world to be some teams 4rb and drafted in the late rounds of the draft.
    In Jets Insider Landing strip world.

Everyone againts Demps signing knows nothing about this team. Last time I checked basically nobody scares you on our offense. No home run hitters (which is what we lacked last year too). Why would anyone be againts signing one of the fastest people in the world who put up good numbers in the SEC? Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    Everyone againts Demps signing knows nothing about this team. Last time I checked basically nobody scares you on our offense. No home run hitters (which is what we lacked last year too). Why would anyone be againts signing one of the fastest people in the world who put up good numbers in the SEC? Makes no sense.
    He's Leon Washington in turbo speed. And most posters here threw a hissy fit when Leon was traded away.

All League
    In before thread meltdown.

@ODonnellFox13
    Fox 13 Sports (WTVT-Tampa) has learned that Jeff Demps will be a New England Patriot. Decision came down to NE and Bucs. Off. ann. soon.

Heh. This board is going to explode today.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Oh boy, the same clowns that touted bellicheat for signing ochostinko and haynesworth last year are going to have a circle jerk on this signing as well.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

**** me!!!!!!

Hate to say it but it's a perfect place for him.

He will be their kickoff and punt returner. And he will see the field im sure on offense at RB and in the slot.

Now everyone on this board will talk about him being short and light. Fact is, this is the last place we wanted him to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    In before thread meltdown.

@ODonnellFox13
    Fox 13 Sports (WTVT-Tampa) has learned that Jeff Demps will be a New England Patriot. Decision came down to NE and Bucs. Off. ann. soon.
    that's not good!

Brady throwing the ball to a guy with that speed is very scary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    that's not good!

Brady throwing the ball to a guy with that speed is very scary.
    He's not a good sprinter.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    **** me!!!!!!

Hate to say it but it's a perfect place for him.

He will be their kickoff and punt returner. And he will see the field im sure on offense at RB and in the slot.
    Could mean Edelman is on the WR bubble and they'll need someone to take over return duties.

Practice Squad
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Breaking: Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps will sign a contract to play for the #Patriots, per 1 of his agents, Nohemy Baltodano. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Oh boy, the same clowns that touted bellicheat for signing ochostinko and haynesworth last year are going to have a circle jerk on this signing as well.
    It's a litttttttle different then two washed up veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Could mean Edelman is on the WR bubble and they'll need someone to take over return duties.

Yeah, but he's probably one of their top safeties.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mluongo View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Breaking: Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps will sign a contract to play for the #Patriots, per 1 of his agents, Nohemy Baltodano. Wow!
    Hmm. Baltodano has not mentioned it yet on his twitter page.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tier 1 Athletic Mgmt@NohemyBaltodano
    Jeff Demps has not signed with an nfl team as of yet. Those reports are untrue!

Hall Of Fame
    Sprinter Demps picks Patriots over Jets: report

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...tD0fWzPFtIV2VO

Tim Tebow will be on the same field as Jeff Demps this year, but it won’t be as teammates.

The backup quarterback said his former Florida teammate and Olympic sprinter would be a good fit with the Jets, but according to FOX 13 in Tampa, Demps instead chose to sign with the rival Patriots.

Demps, who played with Tebow from 2008-09, won silver in the 4x100 relay in London for running one of the preliminaries before announcing he’d like to sign with an NFL team.

“Jeff is a great guy and a great player and he is someone that I was proud to play with in college,” Tebow said after the Jets expressed interest in the running back.

“He did a great job for us, in college. I feel like wherever he goes, he’ll work hard and do a good job for that team.”

And that will be with the Patriots with the report indicating that an official announcement will come later on Friday.
    LOL. Dangers of using Twitter sources I suppose.

Veteran
    He probably thought "hey they made the SB and still have one of the easier schedules in the league. They must be doing something right". They already have playmakers on offense, this screams of, sign him for KR and keep him off the Jets.