Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 222

Thread: Jeff Demps wants to play football.

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Demps was really good in college. In fact him and Rainey are damn near the same player. He play 4 yrs at Florida he is a lot more polished than people on here are suggesting.

    He isn't a every down back but on returns and screen plays and a little bit of WR basically just getting him in space the kid is a matchup nightmare.. I definitely wouldn't mind picking him.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    sticking with my position

    one gator is already almost too many. No need to give Demo and company any more of them to overrate

  3. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Give it up. Another poster brought up Rainey because of his size and Florida ties. I simply pointed out that Demps is not the same player as Rainey. Show me where I said Demps can not play??? Once again you make an argument out of nothing.

    Read what you wrote in bold. What I MIGHT have been thinking? What is your issue?? That I said Demps is not as good as Rainey?

    You are a fake Jet fan parading around here as some sort of die hard fan, and in reality all you care about is your savior at QB.
    Sigh. The other poster (eaglenj) only mentioned Rainey's size.

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    He isnt that much smaller then chris rainey who the steelers drafted.

    I would love to see him in here....whats the story though, does he need to enter the supplemental draft?
    here was your first post after that comment:

    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Demps is fast, but I dont think he is the same player as Rainey. Rainey is a better football player, better moves, better instincts.

    Your post basically only says that Rainey is better than Demps. That's it. It doesn't say that Demps is bad, just that he's not as good as Rainey.

    We had some back and forth, and you made another post saying that Demps wasn't as polished as Rainey or some other guys who came out of college.

    Again, I pointed out that this really doesn't tell us much. At this point, I didn't contest anything you said about Demps, just that it didn't quantify anything. Again, saying that X isn't as good as Y doesn't say that we shouldn't get X.

    Later, after more posts, you said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    My god, you just proved my point. He is a developmental player. What part of not being polished do you not understand?? I dont know why you have to argue with every poster over every detail around here.
    Now, you have gone from "he isn't as polished as Rainey or some others", to stating that he is a developmental player.


    If you can't see or understand the difference between saying "he isn't as polished as Rainey" and "he's a developmental player", then I really don't know what to say. I can try and explain it to you, which I have done, but I can't MAKE you understand it.

    FWIW, that last statement was kind of what I was looking for. An emphatic statetment about his abilities. It actually quantifies things and gives us your reason as to why the Jets shouldn't bother with Demps, that you think he's a developmental player. Again, much different than saying "he's not as polished as Rainey".

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Sigh. The other poster (eaglenj) only mentioned Rainey's size.



    here was your first post after that comment:




    Your post basically only says that Rainey is better than Demps. That's it. It doesn't say that Demps is bad, just that he's not as good as Rainey.

    We had some back and forth, and you made another post saying that Demps wasn't as polished as Rainey or some other guys who came out of college.

    Again, I pointed out that this really doesn't tell us much. At this point, I didn't contest anything you said about Demps, just that it didn't quantify anything. Again, saying that X isn't as good as Y doesn't say that we shouldn't get X.

    Later, after more posts, you said this:



    Now, you have gone from "he isn't as polished as Rainey or some others", to stating that he is a developmental player.


    If you can't see or understand the difference between saying "he isn't as polished as Rainey" and "he's a developmental player", then I really don't know what to say. I can try and explain it to you, which I have done, but I can't MAKE you understand it.

    FWIW, that last statement was kind of what I was looking for. An emphatic statetment about his abilities. It actually quantifies things and gives us your reason as to why the Jets shouldn't bother with Demps, that you think he's a developmental player. Again, much different than saying "he's not as polished as Rainey".
    LOL...please just go away, just go away. I actually hate this place now. You f*****g argue over semantics. You are really arguing over the term polished?? Really?

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I can see it now: Jets sign Demps and then trade Holmes for Percy Harvin and people will think it's a Tebow conspiracy on the part of the coaching staff.

    Sh1t, it's not all about Tebow.

    Do you ever stop spreading his name on the board?

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...please just go away, just go away. I actually hate this place now. You f*****g argue over semantics. You are really arguing over the term polished?? Really?

    jesus farking christ,

    I'm arguing about the fact that your first three posts didn't say anything other than "Demps isn't as good as Rainey or some other people that came out of college", and that such statements don't tell us ****.

    How farking hard is that to understand ? If you had come out and said "he has no talent", "he's a developmental player at best" or something like that, it would have been totally different as that actually quantifies things.

    Maybe another example might help. Someone says "Scarlett Johanssen's tits aren't as big as Pamela Anderson's."

    Yes, that would be a factual statement. BUT, does it actually tell us much about Scarlett Johanessen's rack ? Does it tell us that she's flat chested ? Does it tell us that she's sporting B cups ? Or C cups ? Does it tell us whether she's a 32, 36, 40, etc ?>

    No, it doesn't. The only thing the statement tells us is that her tits are smaller than Pam Anderson's. Do you understand how extremely vague that information is ?

    Do you understand how that applies to what you said about Demps in your first 3 posts and why I questioned your statements ?

    Again, I can't understand it for you. That's a leap and a cognitive grasp that you have to make on your own.

  7. #47
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4548855]Demps is fast, but I dont think he is the same player as Rainey. Rainey is a better football player, better moves, better instincts.[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The point was that just because he is fast, it does not mean as you suggest, that all you have to do is give him some daylight or just throw it to him and he is gone. There is a little more to it than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    All my point was is that he is not as polished as a football player as some other guys who have come out of college. The comment that all you have to do is just give him a little daylight and just throw it to him and he is gone is simply not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    My god, you just proved my point. He is a developmental player. What part of not being polished do you not understand?? I dont know why you have to argue with every poster over every detail around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    jesus farking christ,

    I'm arguing about the fact that your first three posts didn't say anything other than "Demps isn't as good as Rainey or some other people that came out of college", and that such statements don't tell us ****.

    How farking hard is that to understand ? If you had come out and said "he has no talent", "he's a developmental player at best" or something like that, it would have been totally different as that actually quantifies things.

    Maybe another example might help. Someone says "Scarlett Johanssen's tits aren't as big as Pamela Anderson's."

    Yes, that would be a factual statement. BUT, does it actually tell us much about Scarlett Johanessen's rack ? Does it tell us that she's flat chested ? Does it tell us that she's sporting B cups ? Or C cups ? Does it tell us whether she's a 32, 36, 40, etc ?>

    No, it doesn't. The only thing the statement tells us is that her tits are smaller than Pam Anderson's. Do you understand how extremely vague that information is ?

    Do you understand how that applies to what you said about Demps in your first 3 posts and why I questioned your statements ?

    Again, I can't understand it for you. That's a leap and a cognitive grasp that you have to make on your own.
    I just reposted my first 4 posts, now read your first two paragraphs you just wrote. I am done with you now. Please go away.

  8. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I just reposted my first 4 posts, now read your first two paragraphs you just wrote. I am done with you now. Please go away.
    Damn, this is getting way beyond ridiculous.


    Your first post:
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Demps is fast, but I dont think he is the same player as Rainey. Rainey is a better football player, better moves, better instincts.
    All this says is that Rainey is better than Demps. Just like Brees is more accurate that Rodgers. It doesn't say that Demps is bad, that he's just a developmental player, or that we'd be better off signing some guy working at a McDonald's drive through.



    Your second post:
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The point was that just because he is fast, it does not mean as you suggest, that all you have to do is give him some daylight or just throw it to him and he is gone. There is a little more to it than that.
    Still doesn't say that there's anything wrong with Demps, or why we shouldn't at least take a look at him.


    Your third post:
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    All my point was is that he is not as polished as a football player as some other guys who have come out of college. The comment that all you have to do is just give him a little daylight and just throw it to him and he is gone is simply not true.
    Great, Demps isn't as polished as Rainey or some other guys who have come out of college. AGAIN, this doesn't talk about Demps negatives. I.e., you haven't said anything that would explain why we shouldn't take a look at him.

    Your fourth post:
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    My god, you just proved my point. He is a developmental player. What part of not being polished do you not understand?? I dont know why you have to argue with every poster over every detail around here.
    Notice anything significantly different in that post ? It's that you FINALLY made a quantifiable statement about Demps, saying that he is a "developmental player". You then proceeded to fark that up by saying "what part of not being polished do you not understand".

    GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD. YOU DIDN"T PREVIOUSLY SAY THAT DEMPS WASN'T POLISHED. You said that he wasn't AS POLISHED as Rainey and some other players who came out of college.

    This is not a semantic point. Rather, it's actually a massively big difference and that difference has an impact. Again, it's like saying that Scarlett Johannsen's tits are smaller than Pam Anderson's. It's extremely vague and doesn't tell us whether she's flat chested or instead, if she has a really nice rack herself.

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Damn, this is getting way beyond ridiculous.


    Your first post:


    All this says is that Rainey is better than Demps. Just like Brees is more accurate that Rodgers. It doesn't say that Demps is bad, that he's just a developmental player, or that we'd be better off signing some guy working at a McDonald's drive through.



    Your second post:


    Still doesn't say that there's anything wrong with Demps, or why we shouldn't at least take a look at him.


    Your third post:


    Great, Demps isn't as polished as Rainey or some other guys who have come out of college. AGAIN, this doesn't talk about Demps negatives. I.e., you haven't said anything that would explain why we shouldn't take a look at him.

    Your fourth post:


    Notice anything significantly different in that post ? It's that you FINALLY made a quantifiable statement about Demps, saying that he is a "developmental player". You then proceeded to fark that up by saying "what part of not being polished do you not understand".

    GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD. YOU DIDN"T PREVIOUSLY SAY THAT DEMPS WASN'T POLISHED. You said that he wasn't AS POLISHED as Rainey and some other players who came out of college.

    This is not a semantic point. Rather, it's actually a massively big difference and that difference has an impact. Again, it's like saying that Scarlett Johannsen's tits are smaller than Pam Anderson's. It's extremely vague and doesn't tell us whether she's flat chested or instead, if she has a really nice rack herself.
    Holy s**t you are the absolute worst poster on this site. Read what you wrote, you sound like a 3rd grader. You ARE arguing semantics, if that bold part doesnt prove it, nothing will. I dont know how you are allowed to roam around here starting s**t everywhere you go. You have been a Jet fan for two months now, please no one will be offended if you just go away.

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff Demps (5'7" 175 lbs.), a RB at #Florida, has elite speed & short-area quickness. Size + durability are ?'s, but potential mismatch plyr

  11. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Holy s**t you are the absolute worst poster on this site. Read what you wrote, you sound like a 3rd grader. You ARE arguing semantics, if that bold part doesnt prove it, nothing will. I dont know how you are allowed to roam around here starting s**t everywhere you go. You have been a Jet fan for two months now, please no one will be offended if you just go away.

    /sigh
    /headshake

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    Jeff Demps, former Florida Gator RB & all around FAST guy, would look good in Green & White

  13. #53
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agent: Jeff Demps drawing interest

    Several NFL teams are interested in Olympian Jeff Demps, his agent told the Tampa Bay Times.

    "There's a lot of interest," agent Daniel Rose told the newspaper. "We talked to some teams before the Olympics, but we wanted him to concentrate on the Olympics. Preparing for the Olympics is a very regimented process, and he needed to focus on that.

    ........

    The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were the only team identified by Rose, "but there are a lot of other teams interested. He's not committed to any team yet," he told the newspaper.

    He said Demps hopes to make a decision soon.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/82...ing-nfl-career

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK is he visiting or not?
    Pretty sure once he is in pads we can discuss his "Rainey"-like qualities

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    no more gaytors

  16. #56
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have reached out to Olympic medalist Jeff Demps
    Published: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 6:41 PM Updated: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 6:46 PM
    Jenny Vrentas

    CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Jeff Demps won a silver medal in the 4x100 relay in the London Olympics, and the former University of Florida running back is now looking to play in the NFL.

    The Jets are among the teams who have reached out to Demps, according to a person with knowledge of the team's contact with Demps' camp. That person requested anonymity because the team has not commented on its potential interest.

    Demps, 22, was both a running back and a sprinter at the University of Florida. He went undrafted this spring after telling teams he planned to pursue his track and field career.

    Demps was a college teammate of Jets back-up quarterback Tim Tebow in 2008 and 2009, winning a national championship together. He rushed for 2,470 yards and 23 touchdowns in his college career and also returned kickoffs. With Olympic athlete speed, he is an intriguing prospect on both offense and special teams.

    General manager Mike Tannenbaum always says the Jets like to do their due diligence. Demps is an interesting player who many NFL teams may take a look at.

  17. #57
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know all most nothing about Demps, I hope we sign him.

  18. #58
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make it Happen Tanny. Dude is lightning Fast and is worth a Look. Anything to help this Offense. And look who he's Bro's with its Timmy.


  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to get even mildly interested in this, but I keep coming back to this:

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...N/NeheRe00.htm

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaldo_Nehemiah
    Last edited by nycdan; 08-15-2012 at 07:39 PM.

  20. #60
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I want to get even mildly interested in this, but I keep coming back to this:

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...N/NeheRe00.htm

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaldo_Nehemiah

    ======================================


    Nehemiah never played HS or college ball, Demps has at a high level.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us