Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

Thread: Burgers *****es

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,627

    Burgers *****es

    I am curious, what is everyone's favorite burger? Where is it from? Any special toppings you like on/in your burger? Any "different" kind of burgers you have had that you like? Let me know, I am curious.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    I am curious, what is everyone's favorite burger? Where is it from? Any special toppings you like on/in your burger? Any "different" kind of burgers you have had that you like? Let me know, I am curious.
    Five Guys sucks - don't see the attraction

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Five Guys sucks - don't see the attraction
    I had it 1/2 times, thought it was decent, glorified fast food.

    What about gourmet type burgers? Anything with interesting ingredients or add ons?

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    I had it 1/2 times, thought it was decent, glorified fast food.

    What about gourmet type burgers? Anything with interesting ingredients or add ons?
    a good burger doesn't need to be dressed like a Hoe

    ketchup, maybe a few onions. that's it

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,916
    The Helvatia burger. One of those 1 pound of beef with egg and secret sauce things.

    Edit to add picture:

    Last edited by gunnails; 08-14-2012 at 07:22 PM.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,136
    Port of Call on New Orleans has the leanest burgers. I will be there in a couple weeks to reaffirm.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    a good burger doesn't need to be dressed like a Hoe

    ketchup, maybe a few onions. that's it
    Awesome.

    From where?

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,163
    Bacon swiss burger with a fried egg (over easy) and horseradish ketchup on a deli roll.

    I just climaxed thinking about that, by the way.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Bacon swiss burger with a fried egg (over easy) and horseradish ketchup on a deli roll.

    I just climaxed thinking about that, by the way.
    From where?

  10. #10
    White Mana in Jersey City. Bacon cheeseburgers with pickles with no condiments.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 08-14-2012 at 06:49 PM.

  11. #11
    Most of my favorite burger places are gone.

    There was a place in New York City, where my Great Aunt (RIP) took me as a young boy when I'd visit from LI. No idea what it was called, sure it's gone now.

    There was a place here in NoVA that did an amazing (and simple) Three-Cheese and Bacon Burger that was like a gift from the Good Lord himself in Burger form. They went belly-up and were replace by a Fridays...thank God?

    Now-a-days, not so many great places. And my tastes (and stompach) can't handle red fatty meat like it used to (damn Veggie wife mandated lifestyle!). So no where I can think of today are rivals of the two above. Just the usual burger joints, diners and the like.

  12. #12
    Of late, my favorite is a lamb burger with tomato and Tatziki, which I make at home.

  13. #13
    "The Shroom" from Shake Shack in Madison Square Park.

    But I dont really eat burgers unless I make 'em myself. Hard to find a good veggie one...

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,163
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    From where?
    I've made them at home in a cast iron skillet, patty-melt style. Cook the bacon in the skillet, cook the burger in the bacon grease and fry the egg in the burger grease. I take plain ketchup and mix it with Gold's horseradish. The rolls are, of course, from my local deli.

    It's not as unhealthy as it sounds.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I've made them at home in a cast iron skillet, patty-melt style. Cook the bacon in the skillet, cook the burger in the bacon grease and fry the egg in the burger grease. I take plain ketchup and mix it with Gold's horseradish. The rolls are, of course, from my local deli.

    It's not as unhealthy as it sounds.
    I'll be over in 20 mins...

  16. #16
    if this thread is about ground beef you can all go **** yourselves

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    if this thread is about ground beef you can all go **** yourselves
    lol, sorry Supe

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Of late, my favorite is a lamb burger with tomato and Tatziki, which I make at home.
    I love lamb, but I'm not not a fan of lamb burgers. Nice twist on the greekiness of the burger though

    I would like to try you tsatziki sauce though...


































































    no ghey

  19. #19
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    130
    Triple Stacked Grilled Cheese Bacon Cheeseburger
    Two Thick Cut Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Surround a Pub Burger Topped with Melted Cheese and Crisp Bacon

    and yes...it is as unhealthy as it sounds..but health is overrated

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,989
    White Castle

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us