Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quinton Coples vs the Bengays - Video

Veteran

Quinton Coples vs the Bengays - Video

Really liking this guy. Instead of getting his jersey, I'm gonna get his brands.

Sidenote: Made me sick how easily they passed on us.

Veteran
    Coples is and will be beasting, you cannot have him single covered, he is fast, strong and smart at the point of attack. finally there is making of a good pass rush for the JETS

THIS. GUY.
    Last edited by McGinley; 08-14-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Veteran
    watched & am not that impressed, sorry guys... Hope your right.

All Pro
    Can't wait... To necro the Coples sign up thread

Quote Originally Posted by paulyjet View Post
    I don't know what you watched but try watching the video above.

Quote Originally Posted by paulyjet View Post
    Really? Even the Cincy-biased announcer seemed impressed. I recall him uttering, "Coples again!"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

THIS. GUY.
    Dude that QB was so phucked. If Coples didn't get him, Bellore was going to crush him with a full running start.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Can't wait... To necro the Coples sign up thread
    One week doesn't make or break.

I look forward to seeing him against the Giants.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-14-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Veteran
    they really lined coples up everywhere. his head must be spinning from all the positions he's playing.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    they really lined coples up everywhere. his head must be spinning from all the positions he's playing.
    I agree. But he held up pretty well. Only play I would say he got really blocked well on was that one run to the 1 yard line.

I love how he uses his hands. And he gets off blocks quickly. I know they haven't been too happy with his practices but I think he is ahead of where Wilk was at this time last year. I am sure the lockout played a role but still.

All Pro
    rookie DE, preseason game 1

the worst play he did was SPIN on the run play.. NEVER NEVER do you spin on a run

Veteran
    Atleast he flashed for a first game or this board would be out of control... Big thing to me was playing inside. He pushed the pocket, no doubt.

Imagine if Mo Wilk was in there???

All League
    Good natural instincts. Always around the ball or by the ball but he needs to stop thinking so much. You saw him get more comfortable as the game went on

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Good natural instincts. Always around the ball or by the ball but he needs to stop thinking so much. You saw him get more comfortable as the game went on
    I thought he played great...excellent strength at POA and good speed off the ball.

One question, did it seem like he really played without any fire/passion? Guy made some big plays in his first NFL game, and didnt seem that fired up? Obviously it didnt affect his performance, just curious if anyone else noticed that.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I thought he played great...excellent strength at POA and good speed off the ball.

One question, did it seem like he really played without any fire/passion? Guy made some big plays in his first NFL game, and didnt seem that fired up? Obviously it didnt affect his performance, just curious if anyone else noticed that.
    I think he was just a nervous rookie who was trying to focus.

gotta love his explosiveness off the snap and how strong he is at the point of impact. this allowed him to get great positioning against the OL on almost every play, driving his man back and making an impact if the ball was around him.

also liked his quick recognition skills, the only play he misread was when he spun inside and gave the runner a lane to get through. but the spin move itself was a beauty and Dalton would've been in big trouble if that had been a pass. also liked seeing him gets his hands up at the LOS when the pass is thrown, something we need to see more often from our DL.

the main negative I noticed was that he gave up too soon on plays when the ball wasn't near him. it may be a conditioning/stamina issue, or maybe he was instructed to do so because he was gonna play the whole game, but he needs to learn to keep playing and fighting until that whistle is blown.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I think he was just a nervous rookie who was trying to focus.
    Exactly. His first couple of snaps he looked very nervous, almost as if he didn't want to mess up. His instincts are good enough that him over thinking isn't detrimental to plays, which is a ****ing amazing sign, when the game slows down for this kid he's going to be special

Wilk is and will always be the typical work horse... Coples is going be the weapon

And for clarification I didn't like when we picked Coples, but he's (so far) proving me wrong