Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESPN: Jets Safeties Plan To Play Rough

Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    Actually I'm a die hard fan of how the Patriots operate. I'm a former Jets season ticket holder that moved south years ago. Maybe time and distance has allowed me to view this team less emotionally now...but when I examine the Jets operation, I instinctively ask the question...What would Belichick do? Sorry that bothers you. No doubt much of Belichicks credibility is a result of having Brady on their roster...but...12 years of sustained winning is remarkable and considering all the hats Belichick wears, he is remarkable.
    Up and down the list....team building, management style, coaching, philosophy...I wish the Jets operated like our enemies to the north. What's going on to the Patriots south is a clown show.
    Well I'm a die hard fan of the Jets Franchise and I couldn't give a rat's ass on how the Patsies operate. I only concern myself with what's happening *HERE*. Just like you should be instead of giving our enemies unnecessary praise to the point of making all of us believe you're really a double-agent or something.
    Last edited by Vin; 08-15-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    And Barry Bonds is the Home Run King.
    Doesn't your tin foil hat get hot in the summer?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Those guys to the north haven't won anything in 8 years despite having one of the greatest QB's of our time.

They are doing plenty wrong up there...
    You know I wish we could win a division one of these years just to be a able to say we did it. Just go out and win the AFC East, one of those nothings the Patriots seem to be able to win every year because we haven't been good enough to take it away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    You know I wish we could win a division one of these years just to be a able to say we did it. Just go out and win the AFC East, one of those nothings the Patriots seem to be able to win every year because we haven't been good enough to take it away from them.
    Yeah I know. It's like they win it by Default every year. Wish Brady would just retire already.......

I can't remember who it was now, but there were people complaining that Landry wouldn't cut it against Gronk and other large TE's because they weren't fast enough and couldn't cover as well.

Well, this article pretty lays out their gameplans. They may not be able to keep up in coverage. But if they use their great size and thump them off their routes at the LOS, they will prevail.

We shall see if this way is the best for covering a guy like Gronkowski, but I think that was what was available for Rex Ryan to grab and use this season. I also believe that Rex knows a lot about defense, and it's the reason why he's a HC now.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He did make the tackle. Jacobs eventually went down. Not many safeties would throw themselves into that man with a head of steam.
    Agreed. http://youtu.be/H7io6gs5A7U

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I can't remember who it was now, but there were people complaining that Landry wouldn't cut it against Gronk and other large TE's because they weren't fast enough and couldn't cover as well.

Well, this article pretty lays out their gameplans. They may not be able to keep up in coverage. But if they use their great size and thump them off their routes at the LOS, they will prevail.

We shall see if this way is the best for covering a guy like Gronkowski, but I think that was what was available for Rex Ryan to grab and use this season. I also believe that Rex knows a lot about defense, and it's the reason why he's a HC now.
    Disrupting the TE's at the line, combined with the mammoth DL overwhelming the OL will really strain the qb. That's not mentioning the tight coverage from the CB's and the heatseekers Mayhem, Sapp, DD etc.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

The article doesn't really say that's their gameplan. You can assume that they'll do this every now and then with one of them up near the LOS, but the article speaks mostly of their intensity in coverage. No doubt that their size will be more effective at bumping a TE off their route than Leonhard's.

I would hope that a football player says he's going to play rough. It's a rough game.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    The article doesn't really say that's their gameplan. You can assume that they'll do this every now and then with one of them up near the LOS, but the article speaks mostly of their intensity in coverage. No doubt that their size will be more effective at bumping a TE off their route than Leonhard's.

I would hope that a football player says he's going to play rough. It's a rough game.
    We've all seen the results of Landry getting physical with larger players in coverage. I'm sure Gronk is more than a little worrried....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    We've all seen the results of Landry getting physical with larger players in coverage. I'm sure Gronk is more than a little worrried....

Nice Gif. But i think you need to use a football dictionary to look up coverage and line of scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Nice Gif. But i think you need to use a football dictionary to look up coverage and line of scrimmage.
    lol....touche.