Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McElroy connects with Cromartie for a touchdown

McElroy connects with Cromartie for a touchdown

( Cromartie is a physical freak - everyone agrees on that. McElroy, just by playing the odds, is probably the most accurate QB on the team. This could be the tandem that takes us to the Super Bowl! As ridiculous as it seems, it probably is our best hope. I dubbed them "McElCroy". )

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...sEnabled=false

CORTLAND -- Antonio Cromartie may make his debut at wide receiver against the Giants on Saturday. Rex Ryan left open the possibility that the Jets’ cornerback could play both ways for the first time. Cromartie caught a 15-yard touchdown pass from Greg McElroy against the [yada-yada] defense on Tuesday.

“I throw it out there, making sure that they’re working on it,” Ryan said about giving Cromartie some snaps at wideout. “It would be interesting. Throw him out there . . . see what happens.”
    Cromartie practiced in individual drills with the wide receivers for the first time on Monday.

“I’m 100% serious. This is something I want to do try to play both ways,” Cromartie said after practice.

Cromartie worked with wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal at the beginning of practice to work on his technique. “He ran a good route for me,” McElroy said.

Asked what would happen if Cromartie the receiver lined up opposite Cromartie the cornerback, Cromartie said, “Cromartie the cornerback is going to win every time.”

HILL VISITS ISLAND
    Rookie WR Stephen Hill hurt his right ring finger after getting tangled up with Darrelle Revis. Trainer John Mellody taped Hill’s fingers together before he returned for a few plays. Hill, who sat out the final team drill portion of practice, said he had trouble bending his finger, but wasn’t overly concerned.

LANDRY PRACTICES
    The Jets altered S LaRon Landry’s schedule. Landry was initially scheduled to rehab on Tuesday but practiced. . . . DT Sione Pouha, who has missed practice for the past two weeks due to a back injury, recently traveled to New York City for treatment. Ryan maintained that Pouha will be ready for the opener against the Bills next month. . . . LB Nick Bellore worked some as a fullback in practice. . . . WR Santonio Holmes (rib), WR Chaz Schilens (ankle) and CB Ellis Lankster didn’t practice. . . . DB Devon Torrence was waived.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz23b3STAcY

All League
    Already sounds better theb schilens

Hall Of Fame
    Start both these beasts.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This team is a mess.

A complete and utter mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    This team is a mess.

The Jets are overdue for a great quarterback. Really desperate for one. Personally I'm tired of the non-stop excuse-a-thon we have every year for our quarterback. And the waiting! My god the waiting! Why can't the Jets find one undisputedly awesome quarterback? Just one! It's been decades of making excuses. It seems like every other team has found a diamond in the rough or just drafted greatness out of the gate.

Not the Jets. It's either injury prone inconsistency, coddling or making excuses. Or some combination thereof.

We are overdue for a great quarterback dang it!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This team is a mess.

Yeah, you know... the fact that Cro is taking ANY reps at WR (why not Revis, for that matter?) shows that Rex has completely lost every last shred of confidence and direction he ever had. A team's identity is an extension of its leadership, and this team has no identity.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    The Jets are overdue for a great quarterback. Really desperate for one. Personally I'm tired of the non-stop excuse-a-thon we have every year for our quarterback. And the waiting! My god the waiting! Why can't the Jets find one undisputedly awesome quarterback? Just one! It's been decades of making excuses. It seems like every other team has found a diamond in the rough or just drafted greatness out of the gate.

Not the Jets. It's either injury prone inconsistency, coddling or making excuses. Or some combination thereof.

The Jets could have a young Peyton Manning and the offense still wouldn't work b/c he would have no weapons to throw to, a poor line "ole'ing" people left and right, and mediocre RB's.

Even the punter sucks meaning the Jets lose a field position battle!!

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

sojf.

I kid, i kid.

Since 1986 ive waited. I dont want mediocrity, good enough, or developmental.

I want a QB that can throw the team on his back, and launch missles all over the field.

Testeverde was as close as weve ever got in my 25 years.

Not to join the pity party, but that feeling is exacerbated by the fact that every divisional opponent has had a first-ballot HOF QB on the roster at some point in the last 20 years.

And I don't remember Sam Madison or Nate Odomes having to play WR when Marino and Kelly were at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    sojf.

Since 1986 ive waited. I dont want mediocrity, good enough, or developmental.

I want a QB that can throw the team on his back, and launch missiles all over the field.

Testeverde was as close as we've ever got in my 25 years.
    Amen. And it feels like we are due. Maybe it's the caffeine talking, but after all the misfires we've had a QB it just feels like it's time for a steady, consistent player at QB to just appear.

Maybe it's one of the guys on the roster that will break through. I really don't care who, just somebody step up and lead this team from the QB position already!

This is pure comedy. Within 5 games, Tebow will be getting majority of the snaps at QB. And Cromartie will be one of his wideouts...

so pathetic....

Maybe they can run a double reverse from a wildcat formation for Cromartie

Congrats to him but I just hope he has enough gas in the tank and focus to still play CB at the same level if he's out there running routes, blocking and catching touchdowns.

He's also going to be targeted big time by other team's defenses when he's out there playing WR. High risk/medium reward is what I see here.

Sounds interesting but hopefully it's only going to be for a few plays here and there and not all game long.

As superbly-conditioned as these football players are, I think Cro may end up Gassing if he did this all game long.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This team is a mess.

We don't know that yet, this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    We don't know that yet, this year.
    You must not be reading and watching as camp goes along.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You must not be reading and watching as camp goes along.
    Never do, there is no point. Teams that go 4-0 in preseason sometimes don't make the playoffs and 0-4 teams win it all so to speak. I am only concerned about health.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Never do, there is no point. Teams that go 4-0 in preseason sometimes don't make the playoffs and 0-4 teams win it all so to speak. I am only concerned about health.
    It's not about the record. It's about the personnel and the approcach.
    Virtually the same personnel that failed last year.
    A new offensive system that they only work on 'most' of the the time so they can accomodate a gimmick QB who they brought in because they clearly have no confidence in their regular personnel.

Now a starting CB is playing WR and the sad thing is that he reportedly looks like the best one we have.

Organizationally, this team is a mess.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Sounds interesting but hopefully it's only going to be for a few plays here and there and not all game long.

As superbly-conditioned as these football players are, I think Cro may end up Gassing if he did this all game long.
    Bring in Namath.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

He could have his moments out there, using his amazing athleticism but like he himself admitted Cro the WR vs Cro the CB, the corner would win every time. It might be good to use it against a tiring defence or against midget corners.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's not about the record. It's about the personnel and the approcach.
    Virtually the same personnel that failed last year.
    A new offensive system that they only work on 'most' of the the time so they can accomodate a gimmick QB who they brought in because they clearly have no confidence in their regular personnel.

Now a starting CB is playing WR and the sad thing is that he reportedly looks like the best one we have.

Organizationally, this team is a mess.
    While I always listen to what you have to say we won't really know till 9/9. The Carolina will give us a snapshot though.