Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McElroy connects with Cromartie for a touchdown

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    It's not about the record. It's about the personnel and the approcach.
    Virtually the same personnel that failed last year.
    A new offensive system that they only work on 'most' of the the time so they can accomodate a gimmick QB who they brought in because they clearly have no confidence in their regular personnel.

Now a starting CB is playing WR and the sad thing is that he reportedly looks like the best one we have.

Organizationally, this team is a mess.
    I'm worried that the organization's thinking is like this:
    "We made it to the AFC Championship two years in a row grounding and pounding and occasionally wildcattin' with Brad Smith. Once we released Brad Smith, we missed the playoffs. Therefore all we need to do in 2012 is add another guy like Brad Smith to the roster and everything is fixed!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Bring in Namath.....
    Huh?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I'm worried that the organization's thinking is like this:
    "We made it to the AFC Championship two years in a row grounding and pounding and occasionally wildcattin' with Brad Smith. Once we released Brad Smith, we missed the playoffs. Therefore all we need to do in 2012 is add another guy like Brad Smith to the roster and everything is fixed!"
    They were G&P with Thomas, Faneca and Woody with some receivers to stretch their picks have made them fall way short of replacing those players. No that is not what they are thinking, but Later Gator might help however you need a consistent conventional offense.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 08-15-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Yeah, you know... the fact that Cro is taking ANY reps at WR (why not Revis, for that matter?) shows that Rex has completely lost every last shred of confidence and direction he ever had. A team's identity is an extension of its leadership, and this team has no identity.
    So you are saying that this is not the best Jets team in 30 years?