All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you feel sorry for Ocho Stinko

Getting fired on national TV is rough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    We should bring him in on a short leash. We need WR's.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude headbutted his wife, what' to feel sorry about?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Dude headbutted his wife, what' to feel sorry about?
    1) He "allegedly" headbutted his wife. At this point, nothing has been proven. For all we know, she was the aggressor (it's not like she is the most stable personality) and their heads clashed by accident.

2) NFL players are not normally cut by the head coach on national TV.

3) Getting fired sucks. There was no need to rub it in.

BTW - I would have cut him. In addition to this incident, the constant drama that players like him bring is disruptive and rarely worth the effort. I just would have handled it differently.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not at all

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually don't feel sorry for Pro Football players...Dennis Byrd being one of the exceptions

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never feel sorry for anyone that brings so much attention to themselves & then flame out for the entire world to see..............they call it bad Karma.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    1) He "allegedly" headbutted his wife. At this point, nothing has been proven. For all we know, she was the aggressor (it's not like she is the most stable personality) and their heads clashed by accident.

2) NFL players are not normally cut by the head coach on national TV.

3) Getting fired sucks. There was no need to rub it in.

BTW - I would have cut him. In addition to this incident, the constant drama that players like him bring is disruptive and rarely worth the effort. I just would have handled it differently.
    1. Who gives a sh1t, you don't hit women, there's no excuse. She wasn't hitting him with a pipe, youre a fine tuned athlete you can walk away. Get serious.

When you grow up you realize this. When you grow up you also realize that you deserve whatever happens to you after you hit a woman.

Nothing was rubbed in, in fact I would argue that because they were on TV it was handled nicer than if the cameras weren't rolling.

Funny, don't remember people caring about the countless others who have been cut on tv on previous Hard Knocks episodes.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. That being said I think we should sign him. Can you imagine Bart trash talking on defense with Chad trash talking on offense? We'll drive teams insane.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one ever has enough view points on these polls. How about I don't care, any more than I cared about poor Tom Brady crying with his Momma because he was drafted in the 6th round. I really don't care about 85, and his life has been a whole lot easier than mine or most people out there. He needs to nut up or move on...or both. Please don't sign him. I'd rather take our lumps and let Mark build a relationship with Hill, and White. Lets just please keep these guys together, along with Keller. Enough mix and match.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 08-15-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He looked mediocre his last season in Cincy.

He sucked beyond believe on a pass happy team like the Pats last season.

He was having a sh1tty camp with he fins.

And yet, the others peoples **** always looks better than our players turns up again and people somehow try to make a case for signing him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He looked mediocre his last season in Cincy.

He sucked beyond believe on a pass happy team like the Pats last season.

He was having a sh1tty camp with he fins.

And yet, the others peoples **** always looks better than our players turns up again and people somehow try to make a case for signing him.
    Agreed. The talent doesnt match the headache. If he wasnt able to produce a decent season last year on a team desperate for a WR, with a HOF QB, and two great TEs drawing coverage, he will never be able to.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Life has its ups and downs for us all.... He's a grown man and capable of making choices... good or bad... its all on him...

Regardless of this instance. had no interest in him as a Jet..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to be tough sledding for him from here on out.

He'll be broke by the age of 40, having burned through $50 million or so that he made as a player. He can't play any more, so he'll be forced to either box other washed-up celebrities for $5,000 a fight, or do some sort of reality show with other washed up celebrities like Danny Bonaducci or Todd Bridges are doing now.

I wish him well, but there is actually a small part of me that feels sorry for him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think its really sad. People forget that Chad was a very good WR for the Bengals who amassed over 11,000 yds in his time there. If he had retired after the 2010 season his legacy would have been as a well loved happy go lucky borderline HOFer, with a zest for life and a love of the game.

Now his legacy will be that of a washed up WR who failed in NE and got fired on National TV for hitting his wife. Now that is sad.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HardKnocks View Post
    I think its really sad. People forget that Chad was a very good WR for the Bengals who amassed over 11,000 yds in his time there. If he had retired after the 2010 season his legacy would have been as a well loved happy go lucky borderline HOFer, with a zest for life and a love of the game.

Now his legacy will be that of a washed up WR who failed in NE and got fired on National TV for hitting his wife. Now that is sad.
    Sad what he did to himself, yes. He did this, seems like he became the Ocho Cinco character, started to believe it.

There's no crime in aging. Doesn't excuse what he did and doesn't mean I have to feel sorry for him. His achievements on the football field don't change that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about all the other guys in training camp that get cut? Should i feel bad for him more because he has a lot of twitter followers?

He did this to himself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, not even a little bit. That's what you get when you're a jackass AND you marry a gold digging reality tv skank.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad lived his entire life publicly and out in the open. Its only fitting that his career ended on television too.