Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/15 Tweets and Info

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Either our defense are totally sack beasts this year or we have a real legit worry about the pass protection on this team. The number of sacks given up is totally atrocious.
    It's good the team is trying to project real game situations...

Same personnel, just a year older.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo speaks to reporters, says little. The words "dentist chair" and "root canal" come to mind.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Reports are that they are going to wheel out a broad side of a barn to that same field at the end of practice to see if Timmy can hit it with a pass...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    My new favorite teblow post

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI
    Hill said he made sure his ring finger didn't touch the ball~> caught passes w his hands & body. Finger can bend now #nyj

Hill's right knee was feeling "loose" yesterday so he did agility drills this AM to warm it up. No biggie, he said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Custer ‏@BCusterSNY
    @nyjets receiver Patrick Turner will join me in @The_WheelHouse at 5:30pm to talk about the injuries at receiver, Cromartie at WR & Sanchez.

fwiw

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Bart Scott sees the increased confidence of Mark Sanchez these days: "He sticks his chest out like a peacock."

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Bart Scott said players want Sanchez to take next step, to be a top-10 QB. Said he's seen a difference in the QB's demeanor.

Bart Scott says the difference in Sanchez is that instead of being handed the job like he was as a rookie, he knows how to earn it.
    LOL @ peacock.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Calvin Pace called the wildcat "nonsense" & "gimmicky" a few years ago. Now? "I guess I'm going to have to eat my words on that one."

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Sione Po'uha said he has a tight back. Doesn't expect to play in preseason.

Po'uha said he had an MRI exam. Showed nothing. So diagnosis is back tightness.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-15-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo speaks to reporters, says little. The words "dentist chair" and "root canal" come to mind.
    Cat got his tongue?

A couple of months ago this guy was spewing like the Deepwater Horizon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bart added: "I always thought (Sanchez) overreacted too much to bad plays. You look at Eli, and he has the ultimate poker face."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bart added: "I always thought (Sanchez) overreacted too much to bad plays. You look at Eli, and he has the ultimate poker face."

LOL, Elli manning is well known for sulking after bad plays. His head is down, just like Sanchez. Bart Scott is a buffooon and can't be cut fast enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does he watch the same Eli I do? The guy looks like he's about to cry after a bad pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    LOL, Elli manning is well known for sulking after bad plays. His head is down, just like Sanchez. Bart Scott is a buffooon and can't be cut fast enough.
    Davis should be starting by week 3, after Bart lets Fred Jackson and Isaac Redman beat him on dump offs that turn into long gains. the old man has lost a step that wont reappear no matter how much weight he's lost or MMA training he does.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Does he watch the same Eli I do? The guy looks like he's about to cry after a bad pass.
    That "pouting" face is the same face he has all the time. He is always has the "aww shucks" look.

Sanchez has been much more demonstrative. Hanging his head, hanging his arms like someone shot them, writhing on the ground.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That "pouting" face is the same face he has all the time. He is always has the "aww shucks" look.

Sanchez has been much more demonstrative. Hanging his head, hanging his arms like someone shot them, writhing on the ground.
    LOL, so its ok for Elli to always pout, but Sanchez can never pout? QB"s pout when they don't get their way. Its pretty common, but no one cares when you are winning a super bowl. If you recall Giants fans had similar complaints about Elli's demeanor before they went on that run to win their first super bowl. Now Elli's pouting is considered a "Championship Pout."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure that was his point, genius

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, so its ok for Elli to always pout, but Sanchez can never pout? QB"s pout when they don't get their way. Its pretty common, but no one cares when you are winning a super bowl. If you recall Giants fans had similar complaints about Elli's demeanor before they went on that run to win their first super bowl. Now Elli's pouting is considered a "Championship Pout."
    No. I didn't say that.

He always has that look on his face. Good or bad. That was my point.

And yes, winning changes perception. It is what it is. Before they won a SB the fans complained that Eli showed no emotion, once he won, they heralded him for being calm and cool. Thats the way it goes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex said Holmes also had back tightness. Not sure if related to ribs or not, just knew trainers wanted to keep inside for treatment.

Rex thinks Hunter (back) will play vs. Giants. Doesn't think Schilens (ankle) will play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Either our defense are totally sack beasts this year or we have a real legit worry about the pass protection on this team. The number of sacks given up is totally atrocious.
    It's the line, they are the worst, so the d thinks they are doing well. When they play better coached players, then there is no pressure. This will hurt us on both sides of the ball. When going up against the Jets o line, It's like practicing against second team players. The d will not play well. Look at the first two seasons. The d went against one of the top lines in the league they performed well. Last year o line was really bad and look at the d's results. Zero pressure and giving up big plays over and over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Ryan says "it's possible" Holmes will miss rest of pressing, but doesn't think that will happen. Now has tight back to go with rib. #Jets

So what can we realistically expect from Holmes on opening day? They better find a veteran WR somewhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Sure, Eli doesn't hang his head and make faces.