Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Jordan White Stats

Interesting Jordan White Stats

Did some reading on this kid since it seems like we are going to actually need production from him this year.

He has had some knee troubles, mainly missing all of 2008, and actually was a 6th year senior last year.

Anyway, as far as his "lack of competition in the MAC". White played 4 games agaisnt major FBS schools:

Michigan - 12 119 0tds
    Illinois - 14 132 1 td
    UConn - 12 173 2 tds
    Purdue - 13 265 1 td Bowl Game

I really dont know how much spread/run n shoot his team played, but those are pretty good numbers in his opportunities against top competition. I also read one draft profile that mentioned if he ran a good 40 he could make it into the 3-4th round area, but he ran a poor time of 4.6.

I know we are really reaching in the sense of potentially depending on a 7th round WR to contribute as a rookie, but maybe the team found something with this guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

One thing is for sure - with the Jets WR situation being what it is, he's going to have every opportunity in the next few weeks to earn a prominent spot on this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And yet the only important stat right now is that they threw one pass his way, open for a first down and it clanked off his hands.

He needs to step up if he's ever going to be trusted in a real game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Did some reading on this kid since it seems like we are going to actually need production from him this year.

He has had some knee troubles, mainly missing all of 2008, and actually was a 6th year senior last year.

Anyway, as far as his "lack of competition in the MAC". White played 4 games agaisnt major FBS schools:

Michigan - 12 119 0tds
    Illinois - 14 132 1 td
    UConn - 12 173 2 tds

I really dont know how much spread/run n shoot his team played, but those are pretty good numbers in his opportunities against top competition. I also read one draft profile that mentioned if he ran a good 40 he could make it into the 3-4th round area, but he ran a poor time of 4.6.

I know we are really reaching in the sense of potentially depending on a 7th round WR to contribute as a rookie, but maybe the team found something with this guy.

Interesting numbers. Unfortunately as of right now he does need to contribute. With no Holmes, Schilens and Kerley a ? at this time, Jordan should see plenty of action Saturday night. Hard to predict what a guy like this will do.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hopefully he can and does step up. He couldn't ask for a better situation.

Michigan - 12 119 0tds
    Illinois - 14 132 1 td
    UConn - 12 173 2 tds

Actually he ran a really good 10 yard time, and the Football Outsiders grade had him as a Top 5 WR prospect. There was alos a receiver that run a 4.6 that did pretty well for San Francisco for a decade or so and several super bowls.

All League
    I think he'll make it because he can return punts and KO's this year, and be a decent slot guy in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I think he'll make it because he can return punts and KO's this year, and be a decent slot guy in the future.
    especially with kerley hurting. they have no depth in the return game.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Actually he ran a really good 10 yard time, and the Football Outsiders grade had him as a Top 5 WR prospect. There was alos a receiver that run a 4.6 that did pretty well for San Francisco for a decade or so and several super bowls.
    I read the footballoutsiders ranking too, even more intersting. At this point lets helps he stays healthy.

I also dont want to put too much stock into his performance the next 2 games....as he will most likely be forced to play outside as opposed to the slot.

He will likely be on the practice squad unless he lights it up in the next 2 weeks on STs. I don't see us carrying more then 5 WRs. Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Schil,
    ?(likely Turner) Patrick Turner, Royce Pollard, Dexter Jackson, Eron Riley, Ray Webber, and Jorden White.

Turner - I think this is do or die for Turner really. If he doesn't make that 5 spot he is a 875k cap cut. Right now he is the 2nd highest paid WR on the team! I don't think they keep him on the PS at that price. Unless he is willing to take a cut. Given that Turner would likely play for a few NFL teams I can't see why he would take a cut to be a PS player. So far he has looked good but he isn't the best ST option which is what that 5 spot may end up being.

Jackson and/or Riley - One or both are likely cuts if they don't make that 5 spot because they are the bigger cuts of the rest at 465k ea. Yeah not a lot but we are talking a team that just penny antied a starting for a few 100k. If they can save 100k on the practice squad I think they do it. I wouldn't be shocked if they cut both really. Jackson has been burning hot one day then hands of stone the next. I love his up side so I am rooting for him but more likely he is gone. As for Riley his heath is the determining factor. Because he can't stay healthy it puts him in a bad spot. If he comes back and makes a legit run at the 5 spot they may. I have to say though if today was final cut I'd bet both get cut.

Royce Pollard - Royce will actually be the one to watch in the next pre IMO. I think he has all the talent we are looking for problem is he is just small. He is being pushed around on the field by our DB but has still made some good plays. All and all has looked good but because of his size I'm just not sure. I could see them putting him in the PS and locking him in the weight room with a truck load of protein bars.

Jordan White - He is listed twice on our cap page as I look, but either way has a 4 year deal and is one of the cheaper options for the PS. I don't think he makes the team but is a lock for the PS. He looks just as good as Riley and given his deal I think it is safe to say they think he can improve.

Raymond Webber - Really kind of over looked IMO. Webber was on the IR for a while but was a very good WR in college. He has good size and speed but hasn't faced any real talent to date. Stepped in late and has looked OK so far to earn a mention. I think he has a legit shot at a PS spot. If they cut both Jackson and Riley to save money and say Pollard is too small he gets it. I know a lot of what ifs but the kid actually does look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He will likely be on the practice squad unless he lights it up in the next 2 weeks on STs. I don't see us carrying more then 5 WRs. Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Schil,
    ?(likely Turner) Patrick Turner, Royce Pollard, Dexter Jackson, Eron Riley, Ray Webber, and Jorden White.

Turner - I think this is do or die for Turner really. If he doesn't make that 5 spot he is a 875k cap cut. Right now he is the 2nd highest paid WR on the team! I don't think they keep him on the PS at that price. Unless he is willing to take a cut. Given that Turner would likely play for a few NFL teams I can't see why he would take a cut to be a PS player. So far he has looked good but he isn't the best ST option which is what that 5 spot may end up being.

Jackson and/or Riley - One or both are likely cuts if they don't make that 5 spot because they are the bigger cuts of the rest at 465k ea. Yeah not a lot but we are talking a team that just penny antied a starting for a few 100k. If they can save 100k on the practice squad I think they do it. I wouldn't be shocked if they cut both really. Jackson has been burning hot one day then hands of stone the next. I love his up side so I am rooting for him but more likely he is gone. As for Riley his heath is the determining factor. Because he can't stay healthy it puts him in a bad spot. If he comes back and makes a legit run at the 5 spot they may. I have to say though if today was final cut I'd bet both get cut.

Royce Pollard - Royce will actually be the one to watch in the next pre IMO. I think he has all the talent we are looking for problem is he is just small. He is being pushed around on the field by our DB but has still made some good plays. All and all has looked good but because of his size I'm just not sure. I could see them putting him in the PS and locking him in the weight room with a truck load of protein bars.

Jordan White - He is listed twice on our cap page as I look, but either way has a 4 year deal and is one of the cheaper options for the PS. I don't think he makes the team but is a lock for the PS. He looks just as good as Riley and given his deal I think it is safe to say they think he can improve.

Raymond Webber - Really kind of over looked IMO. Webber was on the IR for a while but was a very good WR in college. He has good size and speed but hasn't faced any real talent to date. Stepped in late and has looked OK so far to earn a mention. I think he has a legit shot at a PS spot. If they cut both Jackson and Riley to save money and say Pollard is too small he gets it. I know a lot of what ifs but the kid actually does look.
    Another poster mentioned this that white would have to clear waivers to be placed on the and that could be a dangerous proposition given the interst that teams had on him after the draft. All depends on how he plays next few weeks I guess.

Also, are you sure Turner is even eligible for the PS? He was active quite a bit last year?

All Pro
    Also, are you sure Turner is even eligible for the PS? He was active quite a bit last year?
    He appeared in 15 games last year, with at least one catch in 6 of them ... my guess is that PS is not an option.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    He appeared in 15 games last year, with at least one catch in 6 of them ... my guess is that PS is not an option.
    In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);

Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;

If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

It's worth noting that a player will be considered to have served on a practice squad in a season if he were a member of a practice squad for three regular or postseason games during his first two practice squad seasons, or for one regular season or postseason game during a third practice squad season.

Based on this it doesnt look like Turner he is PS eligible.

Another poster mentioned this that white would have to clear waivers to be placed on the and that could be a dangerous proposition given the interst that teams had on him after the draft. All depends on how he plays next few weeks I guess.

Someone would have to not only offer White more money but also a spot on the active roster. I don't think you'll find a lot of team willing to do that. I really don't see anyone trying to claim him. We said the same of Scotty McKnight last year and no one wanted him. Teams don't normally undercut PS for a late 7th rounder that doesn't look ready. Most teams hunting the wire look for viable vets that they think can play now. Either way it is low risk. You can't keep everyone on the active roster.

Good question I am not sure if he would be. It all depends if he suited up in week 15 or 16 I think. Either way I don't think they keep him if he doesn't make the team. He is just making too much to be a PS player. I think they would at least give him the spot and try to trade him if they could. Putting him back on the PS just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);

Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;

If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

It's worth noting that a player will be considered to have served on a practice squad in a season if he were a member of a practice squad for three regular or postseason games during his first two practice squad seasons, or for one regular season or postseason game during a third practice squad season.

Based on this it doesnt look like Turner he is PS eligible.
    OK no he doesn't then. Didn't see week 17. So yeah he make the 5 spot of is cut definitely. I'd expect to see him a lot in preseason then.

OK no he doesn't then. Didn't see week 17. So yeah he make the 5 spot of is cut definitely. I'd expect to see him a lot in preseason then.
    How many WR's do the Jets normally carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    How many WR's do the Jets normally carry?
    I don't think I have ever seen more then 5 without one being injured. If they go with 6 your likely to only see 2 OL in depth. Personally I'd rather OL.

I don't think I have ever seen more then 5 without one being injured. If they go with 6 your likely to only see 2 OL in depth. Personally I'd rather OL.
    We can carry 3 RBs, (Mcknight, powell, greene), 5 WR (Hill, holmes, kerley, white, and turner) and Demps if we dont carry Connor as a FB.

Connor brings very little to the table and Josh Baker can be a 3rd TE/FB.

Veteran
    if it comes down to Schillens or White making the 53, i'd have to think they go with White. Schillens can't be trusted to stay healthy, it's already happening. dude played 2 quarters of a preseason game and got hurt already.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Pretty sure that there will be 6 receivers: Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Turner, Schillens and White. White would definitely get poached from our PS, I don't think that's an option.