Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Jordan White Stats

All Pro
    I really can't wait to see White in this preseason game. I'll go out on a limb, and say he doesn't allow himself to be put on the practice squad. He will make too many plays that they'll have to cut either Schilens, or Turner. Maybe Schilens, or Kerley gets himself IRd. Either way I think White is exactly the type of smart sudden playmaker we need in the slot. I don't think he'll be running 40 yards in a straight line very often.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I really can't wait to see White in this preseason game. I'll go out on a limb, and say he doesn't allow himself to be put on the practice squad. He will make too many plays that they'll have to cut either Schilens, or Turner. Maybe Schilens, or Kerley gets himself IRd. Either way I think White is exactly the type of smart sudden playmaker we need in the slot. I don't think he'll be running 40 yards in a straight line very often.
    He took first team snaps in the first game, and fielded almost every punt. He has already made the team unless he gets injured or really tanks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Someone would have to not only offer White more money but also a spot on the active roster. I don't think you'll find a lot of team willing to do that.
    I think that only applies after he's on our PS. To get him there he has to be waived, and if no-one claims him, then we can PS him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I think that only applies after he's on our PS. To get him there he has to be waived, and if no-one claims him, then we can PS him.
    Correct, in order to placed on PS in the first place, you must clear waivers then you are able to be placed on PS. The team claiming him essentially would have to put him on their 53 man anyway because they would not be able to PS him without the waiver requirement. So essentially any team picking him other than the Jets would have to put him on the 53 man roster at first.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Yes but the waiving team can resend the waiver. You can not sign a guy off waivers and put him directly into your PS. They have to be claimed to your 53 man roster. A team that claims a player from the waiver assumes the contract terms of the the team that released him in most cases. Waivers is not the same as cut it means the team still hold his contract until he clears. Sorry I just don't see anyone jumping on him like that as well. Not when there will be cuts out there that look ready to play now. Or guys that look better on other teams right now. It just seems far fetched to me. The only reason why you see so many players claimed off wavers is because if they have less then 4 years they have to hit waivers. It doesn't mean that team plans on keeping him after he clears all the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally thought we were going to stash him on IR for the year because his foot injury was defensible.

Looks like this guy is going to make the squad and if Kerley doesn't hurry back, White is going to take snaps away from him during the season.

Can't wait for Saturday night--looking forward to seeing White and Davis.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Originally thought we were going to stash him on IR for the year because his foot injury was defensible.

Looks like this guy is going to make the squad and if Kerley doesn't hurry back, White is going to take snaps away from him during the season.

Can't wait for Saturday night--looking forward to seeing White and Davis.

_
    I dont think the Jets could afford to stash him away on the IR anymore. They need him out there now. With all the injuries White is probably the #3 WR suiting up on Saturday night. Kind of scary.

swollen knee. I hope he is OK for the Giants game.

They never should have signed Schilens. Braylon would have been a better sign, and not much more expensive. Tannenbaum drops the ball again.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I dont think the Jets could afford to stash him away on the IR anymore. They need him out there now. With all the injuries White is probably the #3 WR suiting up on Saturday night. Kind of scary.
    Concur. Hell, Schilens may never see the field, White could easily be the number 3 or 4 this year.

That's scary.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Concur. Hell, Schilens may never see the field, White could easily be the number 3 or 4 this year.

That's scary.

_
    Looks like White is hurt again as well. Swollen knee. The WR group is a s**t show.

Looks like White is hurt again as well. Swollen knee. The WR group is a s**t show.
    And yet another year where it's going to be harder to draw firm conclusions on whether or not Sanchez is the long-term answer at QB, since there will be many in the camp of, "he had no one to throw to."

Those expecting Hill to outperform Plaxico from last year, or Kerley, Schilens and/or White to be impact players this year are in for a rude awakening. I could be wrong, and hope I am. But if Hill catches 50 passes this year it will be 22 more than he caught last year...against college DBs. Option offense or not, you can't expect a huge jump from a player like that.

That dude needs to get on the field and start producing. Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    And yet another year where it's going to be harder to draw firm conclusions on whether or not Sanchez is the long-term answer at QB, since there will be many in the camp of, "he had no one to throw to."

Those expecting Hill to outperform Plaxico from last year, or Kerley, Schilens and/or White to be impact players this year are in for a rude awakening. I could be wrong, and hope I am. But if Hill catches 50 passes this year it will be 22 more than he caught last year...against college DBs. Option offense or not, you can't expect a huge jump from a player like that.
    Why not ? Last I checked, it's kind of hard for a receiver to catch the ball when the QB isn't throwing it to anyone, let alone, him specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Why not ? Last I checked, it's kind of hard for a receiver to catch the ball when the QB isn't throwing it to anyone, let alone, him specifically.
    That's true. But I would also imagine it's difficult to become an effective #2 receiver in your rookie year in the NFL when you weren't even accustomed to catching passes in college.

Anything can happen, but Demaryius Thomas outperformed Hill in the same offense at Tech, was a first-round pick, and has barely totaled 50 catches in two full seasons. Even though Hill has more athletic ability than Thomas, I'll maintain that grabbing 50 passes in his rookie year is asking Hill to far exceed realistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    That's true. But I would also imagine it's difficult to become an effective #2 receiver in your rookie year in the NFL when you weren't even accustomed to catching passes in college.

Anything can happen, but Demaryius Thomas outperformed Hill in the same offense at Tech, was a first-round pick, and has barely totaled 50 catches in two full seasons. Even though Hill has more athletic ability than Thomas, I'll maintain that grabbing 50 passes in his rookie year is asking Hill to far exceed realistic expectations.

I believe Thomas had a different QB at GT. As for only 50 catches in 2 seasons, he missed a lot of games due to fluke-ish injuries. Last year, he was out until game 6 and when he came back he wasn't really in game shape. He ended up with 42 catches in 13 games including the playoffs, and that's in a John Fox offense with Tebow at QB.

Also, different offenses, different coaches, different places on the depth chart, yada, yada, yada. Time will tell what kind of contribution Hill can make this year, but I don't think him only having 28 catches last year is of any concern.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Pretty sure that there will be 6 receivers: Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Turner, Schillens and White. White would definitely get poached from our PS, I don't think that's an option.
    43.8% chance that Jordan White becomes this year's Danny Woodhead.