Thread: WR Royce Pollard

Practice Squad

WR Royce Pollard

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...heres-santonio

"Even the greats experience a hiccup every now and then. CB Darrelle Revis surrendered a 30-yard completion to WR Royce Pollard in a 7-on-7."

Sign this beast!

Oh, wait...

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah.

Jets Insider VIP
    I call him Rolls as in "Rolls Royce Pollard".

Who's with me?

I can see pollard making our practice squad. Caught some passes on fri and a decent punt return.

I'm pulling for this kid to make the squad. Someone posted his highlights at Hawaii and they are really exciting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X6QctZED4I

All League
    I think he'd be a long shot to make the PS. How many did they break camp with on the 53 last year, 5-6?

Santonio Holmes
    Stephen Hill
    Jeremy Kerley
    Jordan White
    Patrick Turner
    Chaz Schilens
    Dexter Jackson
    Eron Riley
    Royce Pollard
    Wes Kemp
    Raymond Webber
    Stanley Arukwe
    Joseph Collins

Undrafted Free Agent
    Pollard looked smooth in training camp the day I was there....

All Pro
    He's looked more impressive than White to my eyes, albeit with very limited sight of both. Pollard looks more fluid, quicker and more explosive to me. White had great college production and great hands, but he doesn't look as good a pro prospect as Pollard to me at this stage. His injury woes may have something to do with that though.
    Last edited by mrcoops; 08-15-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Pollard's only issue is he is like 175 lbs dripping wet. That said I wouldn't be shocked if he was on the PS. Good ST guy and has some really good moves. He can get push around on the field just a little too much. This is a league that just hates guys under 185lbs. At his height he should be more like 190 for the NFL. Even with guys like DJax and Wes out there teams never keep these guys on the edge. It is almost always the prototypical guys teams keep on the PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Pollard's only issue is he is like 175 lbs dripping wet. That said I wouldn't be shocked if he was on the PS. Good ST guy and has some really good moves. He can get push around on the field just a little too much. This is a league that just hates guys under 185lbs. At his height he should be more like 190 for the NFL. Even with guys like DJax and Wes out there teams never keep these guys on the edge. It is almost always the prototypical guys teams keep on the PS.
    Things have started to change in this regard... THe NFL absolutely used to be this way but things are much different now starting with guys like McCluster.