Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Thread: Jets Have Interception Filled Practice 08/15

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again Sanchez is not the QB for Jet football
    Tebow can be the Jet QB we need.
    This thread is full of fail

    And the fans that view these camp reports and then make stupid statements like this should stop watching football.

    Nevermind that Sanchez has been missing his top 3 WR targets for the last 1-2 weeks in Holmes, Kerley, and then Schilens this past week.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Sanchez SUCKED at the end of 2011. But did he suck the rest of 2011? Did he suck most of 2010? Nope.

    Give the guy a chance this year with a new OC and personal in place.
    Weak schedule last year, especially early on, how did he do against Baltimore?
    It could be argued he only saw 2 decent defenses all of last year.

    He had a tremendous ground attack in 2010, and wasn't asked to do much. When you are throwing under 200 yards/game most of the time, you are a game manager.

    Chad Pennington interview was interesting. Said there were two kinds of qb's, throwers and passers. To me Sanchez is a thrower, not a passer.

    We'll see from all accounts he looks better, maybe he will be.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has a good practice: "who cares, it's training camp it means nothing until he does it in a real game!!"

    Sanchez has a bad practice: "ZOMG he sucks!!! teh sky is falling we are all going to die!!"



    well done, JI

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Sanchez has a good practice: "who cares, it's training camp it means nothing until he does it in a real game!!"

    Sanchez has a bad practice: "ZOMG he sucks!!! teh sky is falling we are all going to die!!"



    well done, JI

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Sanchez has a good practice: "who cares, it's training camp it means nothing until he does it in a real game!!"

    Sanchez has a bad practice: "ZOMG he sucks!!! teh sky is falling we are all going to die!!"



    well done, JI
    When?

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,450
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I know is Sanchez had 23 TDs to 11 INTs with 3 games to go last season.

    That's more TD's than Joe "Top 10 QB" Flacco had all last year.

    I believe the epic collapse of the last 3 games was due to mutiny against our OC and Sanchez being extremely limited from a season of getting blindsided left and right.

    This offseason we addressed the OC issue and Sanchez addressed the injury issue (adding bulk).

    I, for one, am excited to see if Sanchez can continue the trend he laid in the first 13 games of last season through the completion of the entire season. If he does so, there is no way that he can't be considered at least a Top 15 QB.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    All I know is Sanchez had 23 TDs to 11 INTs with 3 games to go last season.

    That's more TD's than Joe "Top 10 QB" Flacco had all last year.

    I believe the epic collapse of the last 3 games was due to mutiny against our OC and Sanchez being extremely limited from a season of getting blindsided left and right.

    This offseason we addressed the OC issue and Sanchez addressed the injury issue (adding bulk).

    I, for one, am excited to see if Sanchez can continue the trend he laid in the first 13 games of last season through the completion of the entire season. If he does so, there is no way that he can't be considered at least a Top 15 QB.
    Outstanding post, but not enough people think logically like this.

    A QB doesn't have the start he did and the 13 game run, and then completely implode for no reason, and fans have short memories.

    It's amazing how so many, media, prognosticators, etc, have all given up on Sanchez.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    All I know is Sanchez had 23 TDs to 11 INTs with 3 games to go last season.

    That's more TD's than Joe "Top 10 QB" Flacco had all last year.

    I believe the epic collapse of the last 3 games was due to mutiny against our OC and Sanchez being extremely limited from a season of getting blindsided left and right.

    This offseason we addressed the OC issue and Sanchez addressed the injury issue (adding bulk).

    I, for one, am excited to see if Sanchez can continue the trend he laid in the first 13 games of last season through the completion of the entire season. If he does so, there is no way that he can't be considered at least a Top 15 QB.
    21 Tds, but the rest is good.
    In 2010, Flacco had 25 Tds 10 int's and completed 62.5%...
    You couldn't find one GM in the league who would take Sanchez over him right now.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    And I guess Baltimore has proven that they have Sanchez figured out...

    Considering they aren't in our division like BUF & NE are, it's a moot point.

    Why is it when Tebow plays bad, it's all on Tebow and yet when Mark plays badly it's the offensive line and wr's.

    Exactly where was it that I said it was never Sanchez' fault? Quit making things up.

    As bad as Tebow played, he threw no picks against the Pats in either game last year.

    No, but he did turn the ball over plenty against BUF, so I'm not seeing your point.

    Sanchez threw 2 Picks in the 2nd game vs the Pats including a back breaking pick 6.

    And Sanchez has what to do with this? I thought we were talking about Tebow specifically.

    Also realize Sanchez threw for less than 200 yards in 8 games last season. Even Tebow (sucky passer and all) is more likely to gain more that 200 yards (running and passing) in a game (7 times out of 13 games).

    So it's ok to limit Sanchez to just passing yards and make Tebow look better by using passing AND rushing yards? Your bias is showing.

    Btw- I'm not even a Tebow fan, think both guys are flawed.

    Yes you are.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,840
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again Sanchez is not the QB for Jet football
    Tebow can be the Jet QB we need.
    we need for what? To lead team prayer meetings?

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex mentioned this during the PC today. He was happy to see the INT's today as they have been hard to come to this point. A few were off deflections as the offense has been careful all camp with ball possesion. It's a better sign for the defense.
    Last edited by JETFAN1; 08-16-2012 at 12:12 AM.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I was being sarcastic, my point is that no one has anyone figured out based on 1 game.

    Not just talking to you when I was bringing Sanchez into the conversation. Sorry if that was unclear.

    I don't love either guy as a long term solution, only point is that Tebow with his running and passing is about the same thing as Sanchez.

    You can disagree. We'll see what happens.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Rex mentioned this during the PC today. He was happy to see the INT's today as they have been hard to come to this point. I few were off deflections as the offense has been careful all camp with ball possesion. It's a better sign for the defense.
    Hard to come by, and yet we read reports of Sanchez/Tebow combining for 1-3 int's every day. I think he was covering for an especially bad day by the qb's.

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we don't block for them, it wouldn't matter if we had Satan at qb.(Heard he has game and at 7'6" has great field vision.)
    Hope we block for both of them, it WILL make a difference.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Chad Pennington interview was interesting. Said there were two kinds of qb's, throwers and passers. To me Sanchez is a thrower, not a passer.
    It's interesting you brought up Chad's interview b/c HE was implying that Sanchez was becoming more of a passer due to the work he put in to increase his lower body strength. The "throwers" are the ones who rely purely on their arm strength.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    And I guess Baltimore has proven that they have Sanchez figured out...

    Why is it when Tebow plays bad, it's all on Tebow and yet when Mark plays badly it's the offensive line and wr's.

    As bad as Tebow played, he threw no picks against the Pats in either game last year.

    Sanchez threw 2 Picks in the 2nd game vs the Pats including a back breaking pick 6.

    Also realize Sanchez threw for less than 200 yards in 8 games last season. Even Tebow (sucky passer and all) is more likely to gain more that 200 yards (running and passing) in a game (7 times out of 13 games).

    Btw- I'm not even a Tebow fan, think both guys are flawed.
    I just love the fact everyone is quick to say Sanchez is good in the PO so he is a good QB. Tebow on the other hand throws for throws for 316 yards 2TDs and rushes for 50 yards a anther TD and it was just one game. Yeah VS the #1 D in the league in the POs. He had a 125.6 QBR that game. Not saying he is better but he can do it.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I just love the fact everyone is quick to say Sanchez is good in the PO so he is a good QB. Tebow on the other hand throws for throws for 316 yards 2TDs and rushes for 50 yards a anther TD and it was just one game. Yeah VS the #1 D in the league in the POs. He had a 125.6 QBR that game. Not saying he is better but he can do it.
    The point is he hasn't proven to be able to do that consistently. It's also convenient how you gloss over the fact that that Steelers D was littered with injuries. Not to mention the fact that Denver's D was playing against a hobbled Big Ben.

    No need to let facts get in the way of your agenda.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The point is he hasn't proven to be able to do that consistently. It's also convenient how you gloss over the fact that that Steelers D was littered with injuries. Not to mention the fact that Denver's D was playing against a hobbled Big Ben.

    No need to let facts get in the way of your agenda.
    I have no agenda either way I like them both equally. I don't care who the QB is just as long as he shows up and makes plays. BTW Pitts D had injuries all year and was still the top D last year. But don't let that get in the way either.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I have no agenda either way I like them both equally. I don't care who the QB is just as long as he shows up and makes plays. BTW Pitts D had injuries all year and was still the top D last year. But don't let that get in the way either.
    Doesn't disprove anything, pal. What's funny is that he was so super awesome and great against Pitt's D, and then goes and gets his ass kicked by NE's D for the second time.

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The point is he hasn't proven to be able to do that consistently. It's also convenient how you gloss over the fact that that Steelers D was littered with injuries. Not to mention the fact that Denver's D was playing against a hobbled Big Ben.

    No need to let facts get in the way of your agenda.
    Not too many quarterbacks are a model of consistency their first year as starters, even the greatest ones, even on a good team. Take for example Brady's passer ratings in 2001:

    62.9
    79.6
    58.7
    93.4
    148.3
    57.1
    124.4
    78.9
    70.8
    143.9
    93.3
    61.3
    63.6
    91.6
    62.1


    And that was a Super Bowl year. Peyton Manning's swings are even bigger. Aaron Rodgers was about the only one in recent years that came in swinging and even he had 4-5 stinkers back in 2008. Why would anyone expect any different from Tebow out of all people? Heck he didn't even play a full season, in a makeshift offense that was put together during the bye week in week 5.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us