Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets Have Interception Filled Practice 08/15

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Not too many quarterbacks are a model of consistency their first year as starters, even the greatest ones, even on a good team. Take for example Brady's passer ratings in 2001:

And that was a Super Bowl year. Peyton Manning's swings are even bigger. Aaron Rodgers was about the only one in recent years that came in swinging and even he had 4-5 stinkers back in 2008. Why would anyone expect any different from Tebow out of all people? Heck he didn't even play a full season, in a makeshift offense that was put together during the bye week in week 5.
    lol, it was makeshift because Tebow can't throw for ****.

Brady wasn't some great QB in his first year, which is pretty universally accepted. Did he get the job done? Sure did. Has he gotten the job done consistently since then? Sure has. Has Tebow ever done that? lol, no.

Tebow is awful, and we all know this. Don't use "oh, well he didn't get a full season to start" as an excuse. The kid has been in the league going on 3 years and still can't throw worth a ****. End of story.

I know you want to think Tebow's super awesome, but he's not. Dude's a scrub.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Also realize Sanchez threw for less than 200 yards in 8 games last season.
    50% of the time..

Even Tebow (sucky passer and all) is more likely to gain more that 200 yards (running and passing) in a game (7 times out of 13 games).
    Btw- I'm not even a Tebow fan, think both guys are flawed.

Roughly 50% of the time but Sanchez did it only through the air - how does that make Tebow better? Tebow only threw for over 200 yards TWICE

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    ever done that? lol, no.

Tebow is awful, and we all know this. Don't use "oh, well he didn't get a full season to start" as an excuse. The kid has been in the league going on 3 years and still can't throw worth a ****. End of story.
    And Aaron Rodgers sucked until his third year in the NFL. What's your point ?>

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    And Aaron Rodgers sucked until his third year in the NFL. What's your point ?>
    Rodgers was a competent before his 3rd year. Tebow? lol, the ballboys throw a better ball than Tebow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rodgers was a competent before his 3rd year. Tebow? lol, the ballboys throw a better ball than Tebow.
    Don't know that you could say that Rodgers was competent at that point.

Scan through this article and see whatyou think:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...136856133.html
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 08-16-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering you only care about Tebow, I don't think it really matters what you could say. Hell, you think Tebow's great, so what the hell do you know?

I'm done with you Tebowites. Will be looking forward to when Tebow is traded next year so this board doesn't have to be infected with you guys anymore.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I guess Baltimore has proven that they have Sanchez figured out...

Why is it when Tebow plays bad, it's all on Tebow and yet when Mark plays badly it's the offensive line and wr's.
    Are you going to tell me it wasn't the offensive line that nearly got Sanchez killed against the Ravens? The beating he took that game, it was a miracle he could walk afterwards.
    Last edited by shevys; 08-16-2012 at 03:00 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering you only care about Tebow, I don't think it really matters what you could say. Hell, you think Tebow's great, so what the hell do you know?

I'm done with you Tebowites. Will be looking forward to when Tebow is traded next year so this board doesn't have to be infected with you guys anymore.
    Now McG, you've read enough of my posts to know that while I think Tebow is great at some things and in some regards, I also think he has a lot of work to do with his mechanics/footwork to become a better passer, and that Sanchez is better at it than he is.

What's wrong with that position ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, it was makeshift because Tebow can't throw for ****.

Brady wasn't some great QB in his first year, which is pretty universally accepted. Did he get the job done? Sure did. Has he gotten the job done consistently since then? Sure has. Has Tebow ever done that? lol, no.

I know you want to think Tebow's super awesome, but he's not. Dude's a scrub.
    No it was make shift because it was makeshift, and that's well documented.

In the NFL you don't switch from a traditional NFL offense, with a certain type of personnel in week 5 to a spread option offense, with an inexperienced quarterback and expect everything to work smooth. That's just the reality of the situation and of professional football.

If you don't get that, then you should learn. You can shut your mind off to anything logical, ignore everything being explained, and keep repeating that Tebow is a scrub, but that doesn't mean you are right and that's the only acceptable explanation.

I suppose you believe all it takes to win in this league is a quarterback. Nobody else matters. Other players, coaches, strategy. None of that makes a difference if you just put Andrew Luck back there right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

It had to be makeshift because the kid couldn't run anything other than that option crap. If he were a real QB, he would have been fine.

In the NFL you don't switch from a traditional NFL offense, with a certain type of personnel in week 5 to a spread option offense, with an inexperienced quarterback and expect everything to work smooth. That's just the reality of the situation and of professional football.

Except for the fact that Tebow COULD run that offense and had done so for sometime. Inexperienced? Don't give me that bs. Dude was in his second year and knew what it was like to start in the NFL. If you really wanna use the "inexperienced QB" excuse, then Cam Newton says hi.

If you don't get that, then you should learn. You can shut your mind off to anything logical, ignore everything being explained, and keep repeating that Tebow is a scrub, but that doesn't mean you are right and that's the only acceptable explanation.

It's hilarious that a Tebowite is criticizing anyone else of closing their mind off to logic. That's one of the funniest things I've seen on this board.

I suppose you believe all it takes to win in this league is a quarterback. Nobody else matters. Other players, coaches, strategy. None of that makes a difference if you just put Andrew Luck back there right?

No, Tebow showed it takes a kicker and a D bailing you out. Of course it's not just the QB.
    SMH @ Tebowites.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at the WRs that were on the field for both QBs yesterday. One rookie second round pick and a bunch of late round and UDFAs. In an offense where the WRs are given the option to run a certain route based on coverage the success of the QB depends on BOTH players being on the same page. I am not sure how people are expecting this offense to be anything more than average given the current crop of WRs suiting up everyday. For people to think that Holmes and Kerley missing so much time is no big deal and they will be able suit up opening day and not miss a beat, you couldnt be further from the truth.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 08-16-2012 at 07:23 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

This quite possibly the most valuable article posted on this site in a LONG LONG TIME.

In no way am I saying that we have the next rodgers here in sanchez, but anyone who thinks he is simply never gonna make it, PLEASE read the article Demons posted.

In mutiple posts I have referenced allowing sanchez to play with his instincts and specifically to be able to move in the pocket and scramble.....exactly what was done with rodgers and what led to him getting the necessary confidence to succeed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Look at the WRs that were on the field for both QBs yesterday. One rookie second round pick and a bunch of late round and UDFAs. In an offense where the WRs are given the option to run a certain route based on coverage the success of the QB depends on BOTH players being on the same page. I am not sure how people are expecting this offense to be anything more than average given the current crop of WRs suiting up everyday. For people to think that Holmes and Kerley missing so much time is no big deal and they will be able suit up opening day and not miss a beat, you couldnt be further from the truth.
    See you are 100% correct but folks keep saying things like Sanchez is out of excuses, either he does great this year or he is a bum!!!

IMO people have been infected with fantsay footballitist, that is, they somehow have forgotten how much football is a team game. A team game. How even a great QB (and Sanchez is far from great) requires adequate OL play, WRs who can get seperation on their routes and a properly devised offensive game plan to be succesful.

Those elements are not EXCUSES for Sanchez!!!

The same would be true if Tebow were the starting QB or any other QB for that matter. The truth is posters seem to pick and choose their arguments depending on the thread they are commenting on, have no logical consitency to their arguments and when it is pointed out that they are not being consistent, posters now in a vain attempt to be right they become down right nasty to each other.

I would argue this; that no QB in the modern era has been successful in which he has had poor OL play, below average RBs and WRs who can neither obtain seperation nor run their routes properly.

The fact that the Jets have a wonderful defense does not alter the fact that you need these elements to have a good to superior offense. If a great defense automatically makes the offense great then TB during Dungy's tenure would have won 5 SBs but they didn't becuase they never worked on the above elements.

That is what the Jets had last year and they have NOT dramatically improved these areas via the off season so far. We shall see what happens but to act like any old QB can be throw in there and they are going to be great is a sign of folks being infected by FF IMO and the idea that a player will perform the same in all systems. This is simply not true and has been shown time and again in the NFL.

People say well Brady took "average WRS and look what he did" but I say yea, what is and ws the state of Brady's OL? Did they suck to? Was he getting 3 and 4 seconds or more to get his throws off, well guess what that makes a difference. Would Brady have played better than Sanchez last year of course. HE IS SUPPOSED TO PLAY BETTER!! See Brady is an all time great and Sanchez was a 3rd year QB big difference. But trust me even Brady can't make poor WR play magically turn out well, think Moss and Ocho here. The QB position just isn't as simple as folks portray out here.

At the of the end of the day each player on the offense is impacted by the play of his fellow and that includes the QB and this is true of Sanchez, Tebow or any other QB.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-16-2012 at 08:37 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Obviously....... Tebow's great skill is always on display with that 2nd team. You can't really believe this..... or you've never watched NFL football.

8-5, before a bad slide, to finish 8-8..... 31-22, as a starter, overall....... yeah, there's NO CHANCE with Sanchez starting.

The sky is falling..... they threw practice interceptions...... there's no chance........ Tebow, please SAVE us.

Please stop calling yourselves Jets fans.
    Thank you ...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought he was having a great camp? That article must have gotten to his head.

Tebowites, save yourselves for the regular season. You are going to get plenty of opportunities to dump on Sanchez then. This offense is destined for futility. Just wait your turn, Tebow will get his chance.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    This quite possibly the most valuable article posted on this site in a LONG LONG TIME.

In no way am I saying that we have the next rodgers here in sanchez, but anyone who thinks he is simply never gonna make it, PLEASE read the article Demons posted.

In mutiple posts I have referenced allowing sanchez to play with his instincts and specifically to be able to move in the pocket and scramble.....exactly what was done with rodgers and what led to him getting the necessary confidence to succeed.

Just more excuses for Sanchez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This thread is full of fail

And the fans that view these camp reports and then make stupid statements like this should stop watching football.

Nevermind that Sanchez has been missing his top 3 WR targets for the last 1-2 weeks in Holmes, Kerley, and then Schilens this past week.
    You really have no idea, do you.--his top 3 targets--Holmes ( a second on most teams) Kereley (couldn't be a third on most teams) and SCHILENS(no comment necessary)

Your understanding of football has to be questioned.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two terrible QBs turning the ball over? Next you're gonna tell me smoking causes cancer, haha!
    Thanks for my next sig addition.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

It was makeshift because it was makeshift? And it's well documented? Is that because it was well documented? It was makeshift because Tebow could only run an offense that didn't exist in the NFL. They had no choice, but to try and make it work. Well they could have forced Tebow into a round hole, but this was a great move by a team with no viable conventional QBs. They decided to play an offense that didn't require one. That doesn't mean that they should go out and rebuild the team to suit him. That may have increased his points per game to 20. They went and got a viable QB instead, and that is what any team will do. We are not going to see the spread option in the NFL unless a team is desperate the way Denver was. Tebow will have to change. The NFL is not going to.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Just more excuses for Sanchez
    For sure SOJFs would have cut Rodgers, Eli, Brady, Brees, and even Peyton.