Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 50 Shades Of Grout

Jets Insider VIP

Thumbs down 50 Shades Of Grout

Really?

I swear its only Day 4 of this bathroom renovation and my wife is probably going to kill the contractor, me, or possibly both.

But not before she drives me insane first.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Really?

I swear its only Day 4 of this bathroom renovation and my wife is probably going to kill the contractor, me, or possibly both.

the boulder

weed

All League
    Really?

It's not the bathroom. They all do that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    It's not the bathroom. They all do that.
    I mean like, MORE insane. I guess.
    The wife is the kind of person that can't make a decision & live with it.
    (Like our marriage - LOL)

She has been relentless with getting this bathroom done, we're talking nagging for years on this one. Finally got to the point where we think we could afford it. Since she works from home, I told her to go nuts and just get estimates - that part is free, plus she has the bonus of being home all day, so it's not like we have to drag contractors here after 5pm or anything.

Basically I'm letting her run this show - because I don't want any decision I've made thrown back in my face. - god knows I've had that done enough times.

So this is her bathroom - frankly in a few years my two girls will take it over and I'll never be allowed to doot in it anymore - she picked the contractor (who I actually like-so far), and she's picking the tile, fixtures, vanity, sink, all that crap.

This morning she got up at 5am because she couldn't sleep, because of some issue over a fixture....wtf...
    Last edited by Fishooked; 08-16-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

frankly in a few years my two girls will take it over and I'll never be allowed to doot in it anymore -
    Until then, dont forget...

Get the one with the Boeing 747 engine. "opti-blast Marriage saver" technology.

-

This is a no win situation for you. She'll either give you **** about the cost, letting her make all the decisions, or why you couldn't have done it yourself. Only thing you can do, at this point, is just make sure the new toilet has the built in water fountain. Women love those.

Jets Insider VIP
    I really got to start my own business again.

I could probably send both of my kids through college just through here alone

PK: "I'm sorry ma'am...but I REALLY thought you said you wanted a Jets themed bathroom. My bad."

Jets Insider VIP
    Really?

You mangina is getting moist. Do you eat alot of soy?

Smoke some weed and you will be fine, after a while she will sound like Charlie Browns teacher. Works for me

Last edited by dmitexxi; 08-16-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZwOGVWqHAw

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT View Post
    This is a no win situation for you. She'll either give you **** about the cost, letting her make all the decisions, or why you couldn't have done it yourself. Only thing you can do, at this point, is just make sure the new toilet has the built in water fountain. Women love those.
    I have to agree here. She's running the show, so she's going to bytch when it's done that "Blah blah blah, you didn't help AT ALL!". And if you did help, it would be "Blah blah blah, that was YOUR decision, and now look!".

My adice here, which I've started a bit myself, is to start feigning a hearing impediment. When she's yelling from across the house, calmly walk to her with a serious face, and say "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you", and she will say it again in a nicer tone, therefore defusing your instinct to tell her to GFY.

With any luck, she'll realize you can't hear, and she'll shut up all together.

That's my dream, at least....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I mean like, MORE insane. I guess.
    The wife is the kind of person that can't make a decision & live with it.
    (Like our marriage - LOL)

She has been relentless with getting this bathroom done, we're talking nagging for years on this one. Finally got to the point where we think we could afford it. Since she works from home, I told her to go nuts and just get estimates - that part is free, plus she has the bonus of being home all day, so it's not like we have to drag contractors here after 5pm or anything.

Basically I'm letting her run this show - because I don't want any decision I've made thrown back in my face. - god knows I've had that done enough times.

So this is her bathroom - frankly in a few years my two girls will take it over and I'll never be allowed to doot in it anymore - she picked the contractor (who I actually like-so far), and she's picking the tile, fixtures, vanity, sink, all that crap.

This morning she got up at 5am because she couldn't sleep, because of some issue over a fixture....wtf...
    If you ever tell a woman - "Sure we can look into that" its as good as if you already spent the money. Whilst we can look at a project/purchase and bat it around, consider it and then compartmentalize it and forget about it, for them, it becomes their lifelong desire.

Both times I've showed my wife apartments that were of passing interest to me, we've bought them.

Jets Insider VIP
    I got married about 8 years ago. Before my wife moved into the house, I redid the master bath because it was in dire need of it. I let her pick everything... tile, light fixtures, tub, toilet, vanity, paint color... and yes... even the color grout.

The bathroom came out great... except she hates the grout. My wife doesn't complain about too much but I have been hearing about the grout for years. I've yet to even consider redoing it.

We redid the other bathroom two or three years ago and it came out perfect. She even loved the grout.

Then a year later, the grout started chipping out.

I f*cking hate grout.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I have to agree here. She's running the show, so she's going to bytch when it's done that "Blah blah blah, you didn't help AT ALL!". And if you did help, it would be "Blah blah blah, that was YOUR decision, and now look!".

My adice here, which I've started a bit myself, is to start feigning a hearing impediment. When she's yelling from across the house, calmly walk to her with a serious face, and say "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you", and she will say it again in a nicer tone, therefore defusing your instinct to tell her to GFY.

With any luck, she'll realize you can't hear, and she'll shut up all together.

That's my dream, at least....

I tell my wife all the time how much I look forward to going deaf. She scowls...I smile.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    I tell my wife all the time how much I look forward to going deaf. She scowls...I smile.
    I always thought old men lost their hearing way before old women. Now I realize it's because they WANTED TO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Guess I'm the only one without a horrible, complainy wife. Oh wait, we finished our basement this past winter after she b**ched about it for four years. My bad.

They're all cuunts.

My wife was hung up on getting white cabinets. That was not an option for us. I pretty much chose everything but she did yell at the contractor a lot. They're all nuts.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    My wife was hung up on getting white cabinets. That was not an option for us. I pretty much chose everything but she did yell at the contractor a lot. They're all nuts.

My wife yells at contractors that aren't even doing work at my house.

My neighbor added an addition on about 2 years ago. On a windy day in the fall/winter, the wife hears a loud BANG while in the house. Can't figure out what it was. A week later, I'm outside and I see the corner of my siding is blown out. Turns out, a sub let a 4x8 sheet of plywood fly on the windy day, and it flew in to the corner of my house. Not one of them came over to say "Whoops, sorry, we'll fix it." They just assumed we wouldn't notice. So the wife flips out on the next door contractor. Good stuff. Name calling and everything, including the ol' property line dont-you-dare-cross-or-I'm-calling-the-cops. Next day I get an email from the contractor (not very bright, one long run-on-sentence type paragraph) saying he doesn't appreciate the name calling, etc. I'll see if I can dig up the email. Gold!

Edit: Can't find it. Damn!
    Last edited by Big L; 08-16-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    She woke up at 5am today (after I had been up awhile) and I asked her if she was feeling ok (because she is never up that early).

The first thing out of her mouth was 'I'm getting sick over this issue with this showerhead'

You would think that for someone who watches so much HGTV (a very dangerous channel, btw) she would understand that it's not that big a deal.

Also a word of warning if you're wife is logging a lot of hours on this channel, you're doomed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Also a word of warning if you're wife is logging a lot ... you're doomed.

I guess that explains the new bathroom

All League
    She woke up at 5am today (after I had been up awhile) and I asked her if she was feeling ok (because she is never up that early).

The first thing out of her mouth was 'I'm getting sick over this issue with this showerhead'

You would think that for someone who watches so much HGTV (a very dangerous channel, btw) she would understand that it's not that big a deal.

Also a word of warning if you're wife is logging a lot of hours on this channel, you're doomed.
    Showerhead? What does she need, detachable, 5 speed, operated by a pool boy named Juan?

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post

I guess that explains the new bathroom
    LOLS