Thread: 50 Shades Of Grout

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    tub is in earlier last week

sheetrock done Thursday

future doot site

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    tile & grout nearly done, primed, new door (it better be soundproof)

Now I just need to paint before the vanity, terlet, and light fixtures go in

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    tile & grout nearly done, primed, new door (it better be soundproof)

Uh, Houston, we have a problem.

Where's the shower head hook up?? The wife's gunna be pissed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

Its going to be a removable hand-held type.
    I'm not crazy about it, but its kind of necessary so the kids can start to take their own showers & stuff.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not crazy about it, but its kind of necessary so the kids can start to take their own showers & stuff.
    I got one a few months ago that attaches where the old shower head went. Shower head on a hose that'll attach for a regular shower, and you can also use it as a hand held. Thing's great. Perfect for kids. And now for kids shooting water out of the shower.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got one a few months ago that attaches where the old shower head went. Shower head on a hose that'll attach for a regular shower, and you can also use it as a hand held. Thing's great. Perfect for kids. And now for kids shooting water out of the shower.

Agreed.

We're not enclosing the tub in glass doors either - it would have looked nice, but would have increased the cost significantly.

The other factor is trying to keep that ****ing glass clean with hard water. Nearly impossible - **** that noise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back to back tub/shower valves. Yikes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not crazy about it, but its kind of necessary if Stokes drops by to take a shower & stuff.
    Fixed

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Back to back tub/shower valves. Yikes.

I had a feeling you'd notice that, that back wall is our shower off the master bedroom. We had a leak and I suggested just waiting until the other bathroom was demo'd so they could access it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Fixed

oh no no lol

Where is the orignal image for that?
    Call me crazy but I think you picked the EXACT same one we're getting installed too.....freaky!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed.

We're not enclosing the tub in glass doors either - it would have looked nice, but would have increased the cost significantly.

The other factor is trying to keep that ****ing glass clean with hard water. Nearly impossible - **** that noise.
    I've got glass doors, and hard water. Does suck, indeed. You know what works pretty damn good? CLR. Calcium Lime Rust. Expensive, but works quite well. Also, white vinegar will work decently.

Shower head cleaning tip - Fill up a plastic baggie with vinegar, submerge your shower head in it, tape it closed, and in an hour or two you'll have a much less gunked up shower head.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is the orignal image for that?
    Call me crazy but I think you picked the EXACT same one we're getting installed too.....freaky!
    Found it on google.
    http://www.google.com/imgres?start=1...:7,s:127,i:165

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, all you had to do was get that subway tile re-glazed and remove the wallpaper and change the fixtures. I never had it done, but I hear about people doing it all the time. That old tile job was immaculate, it was just an ugly color.

I like the new tile though. Looks really clean. Is it glazed? Doesn't look like it is but glazed on the floor is slippery for the kids.

You and the wife should christen the shower.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-22-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a feeling you'd notice that, that back wall is our shower off the master bedroom. We had a leak and I suggested just waiting until the other bathroom was demo'd so they could access it easier.
    I can actually change a shower valve through the hole in the fiberglass or tile.

Because.........when I was only 3 mos into my first plumbing gig, by boss left me on a jobsite to install 8 shower valves. I piped them all in, did an air test on the lines and had no leaks. Good job, amitite? Only took me an hour and a half.

Fast forward 2 months later. We went back to install all the trim and the showerheads after the tile guys finished up. It wasn't until after I turned the water on that I realized that I had installed 6 of them upside down. I didn't tell my boss and came back later that night and un-soldered, rotated and re-soldered all 6 through the 6 inch hole in the tilework.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Dude, all you had to do was get that subway tile re-glazed and remove the wallpaper and change the fixtures. I never had it done, but I hear about people doing it all the time. That old tile job was immaculate, it was just an ugly color.

I like the new tile though. Looks really clean. Is it glazed? Doesn't look like it is but glazed on the floor is slippery for the kids.

You and the wife should christen the shower.
    No way though, wife hated it, so it had to go.
    They actually dropped the ceiling like 18 inches in order to install that hideous fluorescent light.

Tile is not glazed, its almost like a matte finish.
    I've seen people spend insane amounts of money on tile, but frankly I think its a waste of money. We also have a kitchen re-do to think of somewhat soon.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can actually change a shower valve through the hole in the fiberglass or tile.

Because.........when I was only 3 mos into my first plumbing gig, by boss left me on a jobsite to install 8 shower valves. I piped them all in, did an air test on the lines and had no leaks. Good job, amitite? Only took me an hour and a half.

Fast forward 2 months later. We went back to install all the trim and the showerheads after the tile guys finished up. It wasn't until after I turned the water on that I realized that I had installed 6 of them upside down. I didn't tell my boss and came back later that night and un-soldered, rotated and re-soldered all 6 through the 6 inch hole in the tilework.

All I heard was

'... plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing ...'

It sounds hard as **** though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I heard was

'... plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing plumbing ...'

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way though, wife hated it, so it had to go.
    They actually dropped the ceiling like 18 inches in order to install that hideous fluorescent light.

Tile is not glazed, its almost like a matte finish.
    I've seen people spend insane amounts of money on tile, but frankly I think its a waste of money. We also have a kitchen re-do to think of somewhat soon.
    LOL. That fluorescent light was brutal.

New bathroom looks great. Enjoy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

do it through a 3 inch hole and I'll be impressed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

If you lived in NJ I totally would have hired you though, definitely.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. That fluorescent light was brutal.

New bathroom looks great. Enjoy.

You should see our kitchen.

/facepalm