Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/16 Tweets and Info

8/16 Tweets and Info

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    The Jets are practicing the Wildcat again today. Shhh.

Jets just in shorts today, btw. #nyj

See Antonio Allen in position drills now, so he looks to be fine. #nyj

Holmes (ribs, back) riding stationary bike. Antonio Allen addition to rehab group. Kerley, Schilens, Sapp over there too. #nyj

Looks like a short practice today. Rex presser moved up to 11:15. #nyj

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Great stuff from Darrelle Revis, who absolutely suffocated Stephen Hill on a pass route without every laying a finger on him.

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Update on that Tebow situation: 0-3, INT, 4 sacks. #nyj

Tebow is currently 0-2 with an INT and 3 sacks. Yikes. #nyj

Last three hangtimes on punts from Conley: 4.3, 4.0, 3.9

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Tebow and second-team offense having an awful day. Three sacks in the current drill.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-16-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Final QB stats: Sanchez 5-for-6, 0 sacks, 0 TD. 0 INT. Tebow 2-for-10, 4 sacks, 1 INT. Second-team D resembled Giants pass rush.

Mark Sanchez finishes 5 for 6 in the last practice in Cortland. #nyj

Tim Tebow finishes practice 2 for 10 with INT; sacked four times behind second-team o-line

Brown and Folk end camp with a 4-for-4 day on field goals.

Sanchez 5-for-6 in 11-on-11 drills today. Tebow 2-for-10 with 4 sacks and an INT (Wilson). And that's a wrap!

O-line doing awful if Tebow can't scramble for a gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    Who knows..Maybe Tebow (or the coaches) wanted to stay in the pocket to try and complete pass...Cant go by stats, especially in TC

Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    I don't think he's allowed to in these drills.

The "sacks" are determined by how close the defender got to the QB, not by them actually taking the guy down . . .

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI <~~~ I'm liking this Garrett McIntyre kid. (strip sack on Tebow. One of three sacks for backup QB so far) #nyj

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Very funny moment during wildcat practice. Unfortunately, am unable to share it. #Jets

Santonio back on the field today RT @SethWalderNYDN Kerley and Schilens on bikes this morning. Holmes making catches from jugs machine #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    I'm told there are 3 or 4 teams, including #Jets, in the mix for Jeff Demps. Decision could come as early as today.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI <~~~ I'm liking this Garrett McIntyre kid. (strip sack on Tebow. One of three sacks for backup QB so far) #nyj

Kelly?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Who knows..Maybe Tebow (or the coaches) wanted to stay in the pocket to try and complete pass...Cant go by stats, especially in TC
    when will people understand this?

I guess we won't know for sure until reg season or at least 1st stringers ex season games but we had better be able to run the ball very very well. We have a backup Qb with slow release and not great immediate reading skills and A starter that gets discombobulated when he feels pressure at all.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I guess we won't know for sure until reg season or at least 1st stringers ex season games but we had better be able to run the ball very very well. We have a backup Qb with slow release and not great immediate reading skills and A starter that gets discombobulated when he feels pressure at all.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I think we would all be a lot more at ease had the Jets used that #4 and #6 this year to go after Jonathan Stewart instead of Tebow (though that may not have been enough).

At least then if Sanchez and Stanton were struggling, we'd be able to fall back on some confidence that the team could run the ball 60% of the time and be successful in spots.

The smarmy responses by the media about not being able to report on what's happening in practice makes me want to punch babies!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Final QB stats: Sanchez 5-for-6, 0 sacks, 0 TD. 0 INT. Tebow 2-for-10, 4 sacks, 1 INT. Second-team D resembled Giants pass rush.

Mark Sanchez finishes 5 for 6 in the last practice in Cortland. #nyj

Tim Tebow finishes practice 2 for 10 with INT; sacked four times behind second-team o-line
    Awful line by Sanchez.

Every 11-11 practice he's 3 for 8 with 2 sacks and 2 INTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The smarmy responses by the media about not being able to report on what's happening in practice makes me want to punch babies!!!
    Damn.

If I was that angry I'd want to punch the source of that anger. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Then this has to be the case all the way around. It can't be for one media darling player only (Tebow).

The only thing matters is on opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Some never will...And wait until Saturday night...This place will turn into

Paul D. Anderson, JD ‏@PaulD_Anderson
    The plot thickens. The #NFL has now sued 32 of its Insurers alleging that they breached their duty to defend the concussion lawsuits.

Offense looks to be doing post-practice walk-through after media left field. Only other day they did that was Mon (other Wildcat day).

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Offense stays on field long after defense for a walk-through period. More top-secret stuff, I suppose

The difference between a reporter and an a$$ who is upset he wasn't invited to the party