Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 8/16 Tweets and Info

I posted the complete article in the Demps thread

TAMPA (FOX 13) - The race is on to land former Gator running back and Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps. Demps' agent told FOX 13's Kevin O'Donnell today that the decision could come as early as this afternoon, but it could drag out another couple days.

"The Bucs have put an offer on the table," said Demps' agent, Nohemy Baltodano.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/1...olympian-demps

Richard Roeper ‏@richardroeper
    Brian Urlacher and Jenny McCarthy are splitsville. That's the end of Jen-Lacher. Or was it Ur-Jen?

Important stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    When you trade up to #5 overall and when you look at the last 10 superbowl winning QBs' you have to be exceptiobnally lucky to win without a really good Qb.

(E. Manning, Rogers, Brees, Roethlisburger, E.Manning, P.Manning, Roethlisburger, Brady, Brady, B. Johnson.)

If the Jets were going to go the route of defense, ground and pound, game manager Qb then they made a very very grave mistake in drafting Sanchez.
    unless, of course, Sanchez continues to develop into a competent game manager or better.

inb4 we get Demps and the media calls it a publicity stunt. If the Bucs get him it will be called a crafty signing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This sh!ts comical. Do you think Cam Newton, Andrew luck, Matt Ryan etc need to be telling the players that is their huddle? In their 4th year in the league.

Only the Jets.
    You are such a zero, dude. Seriously, get off it already. How the F do you know what Cam Newton is saying in the huddle?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    You are such a zero, dude. Seriously, get off it already. How the F do you know what Cam Newton is saying in the huddle?
    very good point

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm guessing he reads lips.

Hall Of Fame
    What about body language?

You can tell when a guy has control of the huddle.

BTW, I think everyone is blowing it out of proportion. I don't think Sanchez is literally telling the players "This is my huddle". That would be ghey. The control of the huddle is earned. I think Sanchez is trying to do that though his actions. His actions are saying "this is my huddle."

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Unofficial camp numbers in 11-on-11 team drills:
    Sanchez 94-for-180 with 6TDs, 7 INT.
    Tebow 53-for-108 with 2 TDs, 3INT + 3 rush TD.

Rex said in his presser that Tebow's camp completion percentage was around 65 pct. He said that includes 7-on-7 passing drills.

I wouldn't put it past me to have messed up the math on some of those. I leave the PhDs to the rest of my family. But it's a try.

For the kickers, also unofficially,
    Nick Folk was 55-of-58 on FG attempts in practice + scrimmage.
    Josh Brown was 46-of-57.

I know it's training camp but as an observation based on those numbers....assuming there were no fumbles lost.

Career touchdown/turnover ratios:
    Tebow TD/TO - 2.0
    SanchezTD/TO - 1.1

Int%:
    Tebow: 2.5%
    Sanchez: 3.5%

2011:
    Tebow TD/TO: 1.6
    Sanchez TD/TO: 1.2

Int%
    Tebow: 1.9%
    Sanchez: 3.3%

Training Camp touchdowns to turnover ratios:
    Tebow TD/TO - 1.7
    Sanchez TD/TO- 0.9.

Int%:
    Tebow: 2.8%
    Sanchez: 3.9%

NFL Average:
    Average TD/TO - 1.4
    Best in the NFL TD/TO- 3.0(A. Rodgers)

INT%:
    Average - 2.9%
    Best in the NFL - 1.8%(A. Rodgers)
    (averages based on active QB's last year with minimum 200+ attempts)

Can't help but notice the consistency and correlation with their career numbers. I'm willing to bet if we had fumbles lost and total attempts, the total TO% would be just as close.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    I know it's training camp but as an observation based on those numbers....assuming there were no fumbles lost.

Career touchdown/turnover ratios:
    Tebow TD/TO - 2.0
    SanchezTD/TO - 1.1

Int%:
    Tebow: 2.5%
    Sanchez: 3.5%

2011:
    Tebow TD/TO: 1.6
    Sanchez TD/TO: 1.2

Int%
    Tebow: 1.9%
    Sanchez: 3.3%

Training Camp touchdowns to turnover ratios:
    Tebow TD/TO - 1.7
    Sanchez TD/TO- 0.9.

Int%:
    Tebow: 2.8%
    Sanchez: 3.9%

NFL Average:
    Average TD/TO - 1.4
    Best in the NFL TD/TO- 3.0(A. Rodgers)

INT%:
    Average - 2.9%
    Best in the NFL - 1.8%(A. Rodgers)
    (averages based on active QB's last year with minimum 200+ attempts)

Can't help but notice the consistency and correlation with their career numbers. I'm willing to bet if we had fumbles lost and total attempts, the total TO% would be just as close.

Bewildered Beast
    Richard Roeper ‏@richardroeper
    Brian Urlacher and Jenny McCarthy are splitsville. That's the end of Jen-Lacher. Or was it Ur-Jen?

Important stuff
    How dare you, Sir. Your comeuppance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stRWtrmXkHo

All League
    Bill Belichick kicks out two Patriots for fighting at practice http://t.co/HxjpwojQ -- NFL: AroundTheLeague (@NFL_ATL)

What an undisciplined circus!

Oh, wait:

Been covering #Patriots for about 10 years. Can't remember a more feisty camp than this one. Interesting. -- Christopher Price (@cpriceNFL)
    Last edited by stanner; 08-16-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Biggest concern for Rex coming out of camp: "We got to get guys healthy.... That's been frustrating"

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Jordan White had knee swelling so he may not play against the Giants, Rex said. Another hit to WR corps. Yikes

Jets starters will play about a half vs the Giants. Some vets, like Brandon Moore, may just play a quarter, Rex said.
    Wake up Rex!!!

There's gotta be something wrong with the drills or whatever they have the receivers doing. I've never seen so many of our receivers hurt like this before. Way to have the pulse of the team, at this rate we will have no receivers by the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Wake up Rex!!!

There's gotta be something wrong with the drills or whatever they have the receivers doing. I've never seen so many of our receivers hurt like this before. Way to have the pulse of the team, at this rate we will have no receivers by the first game.
    i am not sure if you are serious or not...

holmes was injured on live scrimmage
    chaz has a history of injuries
    kerley was criticized from coming into camp out of shape

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    i am not sure if you are serious or not...

holmes was injured on live scrimmage
    chaz has a history of injuries
    kerley was criticized from coming into camp out of shape

Their fragile bodies can't endure close proximity to the awesomeness of a rain-soaked Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    And if he didn't control his huddle he'd be a terrible leader. This site sucks sometimes.

Can't ****ing win for losing.

It's not the site.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    inb4 we get Demps and the media calls it a publicity stunt. If the Bucs get him it will be called a crafty signing.
    Ain't that the truth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Bill Belichick kicks out two Patriots for fighting at practice http://t.co/HxjpwojQ -- NFL: AroundTheLeague (@NFL_ATL)

What an undisciplined circus!

Oh, wait:

Been covering #Patriots for about 10 years. Can't remember a more feisty camp than this one. Interesting. -- Christopher Price (@cpriceNFL)
    Patriot brawls are "interesting" Jet versions are "undisciplined circuses"

I think there was a Dolphin brawl which looked exactly like the one the Jets had that extended over the sidelines right there on Hard Knocks 2 last Tuesday night... no whining, angst and massive coverage by the NFL Network and ESPatriotNation though, of course

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Their fragile bodies can't endure close proximity to the awesomeness of a rain-soaked Tebow.
    awesome