Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im in San Francisco *****es!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    WCO<<<<This guy gets it
    WCO is much much less than This guy gets it?

Thats not a very nice thing to say. So long, modship.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Hit of the night: Victor and his big spoon.
    So the gheys give theirs a nickname also, huh?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Figured. My favorite drive was on Sir Francis Drake all the way out to Point Reyes National Seashore. You go through beautiful, little towns, lakes, forests filled with redwoods, then end up on one of the most gorgeous cliff sides and seashores this side of Dover. Plus, you get to walk out to one of our country's great lighthouses.

c'mon dude. you're not that far from some similar places.

Greetings from Poughkeepsie

Charming Newburgh

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    c'mon dude. you're not that far from some similar places.
    LOL. So scenic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I envy you so much right now. I still regard my move back from Marin County as the worst decision of my life.

As long as you don't keep Kosher, go to this place for their roasted Dungess crab and garlic noodles. You will thank me.

http://www.anfamily.com/Restaurants/.../homepage.html
    I almost took a job in Berkeley a few years ago. Loved it there. Job offer was great but not as much of a bump in salary as I would have needed to enjoy the same standard of living as I have here in NJ now. Friggin real estate there was out-of-control. For the same money I could have gotten for selling my 3,200 Sq foot house here (beautiful yard and pool, etc.) at that time, I would have only been able to buy an inferior flea-bitten shack (by NJ standards) with no yard, no space, no basement in the nicer parts of the East Bay (Walnut Creek and vicinity). I just couldn't justify the downgrade in living accommodations even with a raise. And East Bay isn't even the most expensive parts of the greater SF area. But we did love it there. I just don't get how people can adjust to those tiny homes with no yards and basements... even in the affluent areas.

We are seriously considering retirement in Napa in another decade or two.
    Last edited by Dcat; 08-17-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I just couldn't justify the downgrade in living accommodations even with a raise.

I don't really get this. I'd much rather live in a TINY place in an area I want to be in, then a big place where I'd rather not be.

I moved to a home less than half the size of my previous home. I thought it would be a major adjustment, but now I wonder why the hell I thought I ever needed a house that size. And it really wasn't that big.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't really get this. I'd much rather live in a TINY place in an area I want to be in, then a big place where I'd rather not be.

I moved to a home less than half the size of my previous home. I thought it would be a major adjustment, but now I wonder why the hell I thought I ever needed a house that size. And it really wasn't that big.
    You may be right. But when we looked at homes in Walnut Creek and the surrounding area the rooms were tiny and the people selling the houses had put a ton of their furniture in their garages in order to make their houses look more livable. I couldn't fathom how tiny they would have seemed had all that furniture been in the placed where it normally was. Every house we looked at had masses of furniture piled up in the garage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may be right. But when we looked at homes in Walnut Creek and the surrounding area the rooms were tiny and the people selling the houses had put a ton of their furniture in their garages in order to make their houses look more livable. I couldn't fathom how tiny they would have seemed had all that furniture been in the placed where it normally was. Every house we looked at had masses of furniture piled up in the garage.
    A lot of people here would consider my place a shack - literally. My mother almost pooped herself the first time she saw it.

I've actually become interested in the small house movement and there are a lot of people like me who, once they live in a small place, not only like it better, but want to take it a step further and get rid of all the crap they've amassed over the years. It's liberating. I wouldn't mind unloading 90 percent of our s***. Wife is slowly coming around.

I say if you really want to move some place - move! Life is too short. I talked about moving for 15 years.

Even if your worried about kids, show them how 99 percent of the world lives.

old home 1850 sq ft

new home 875 sq ft. (although there is a loft not counted)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to google pictures that would capture the WCO and Ruby meeting in SF, but when you search for "passed out at gay bar" or the like, you get really bad stuff even with the safe search on

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to google pictures that would capture the WCO and Ruby meeting in SF

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    So the gheys give theirs a nickname also, huh?
    What? He used it expertly to "cream the avocado".

Really enjoyable.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I apologize...so much promise, and we get "Land and Homes" Hampur Edition.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Good God you're unstoppable, man! You're the Coltrane of the photoshop pane; like smoking joe frazier, making funneh with lasers....wow, I'm still drunk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good God you're unstoppable, man! You're the Coltrane of the photoshop pane; like smoking joe frazier, making funneh with lasers....wow, I'm still drunk.
    well what happened?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I almost took a job in Berkeley a few years ago. Loved it there. Job offer was great but not as much of a bump in salary as I would have needed to enjoy the same standard of living as I have here in NJ now. Friggin real estate there was out-of-control. For the same money I could have gotten for selling my 3,200 Sq foot house here (beautiful yard and pool, etc.) at that time, I would have only been able to buy an inferior flea-bitten shack (by NJ standards) with no yard, no space, no basement in the nicer parts of the East Bay (Walnut Creek and vicinity). I just couldn't justify the downgrade in living accommodations even with a raise. And East Bay isn't even the most expensive parts of the greater SF area. But we did love it there. I just don't get how people can adjust to those tiny homes with no yards and basements... even in the affluent areas.

We are seriously considering retirement in Napa in another decade or two.
    Same problem in Marin when I lived out there. A garage in Tiburon or Belvedere would cost you $ 1 Million.

Good luck with the Napa plans. I'll cook for a room above the garage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    well what happened?
    He's still drunk, Ruby's butt still hurts.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    He's still drunk, Ruby's butt still hurts.
    There's a Pride parade every day, in San Francisco.

Take BART.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a Pride parade every day, in San Francisco.

Take BART.
    Dint they rename it BRUCE - Bay Rapid United Colonics Express?

To save the trouble of reserecting my Met with WCO...!!!! that summa you jealous muhfuehrers pist on... and other gloomy eeyores cumplaining
    about Thread Necro...I wanna thank BURGERMIKE and WCO re their
    wunnerful suggestion for Joe's of Westlake in Daly City- my kinda place w/

50s style

Anchor beer

an' delishus Meat/Spinach Ravioli in a Meet Sauce ...also Veal Scalloppine in a White Whine (Sec) and Mushroom souse...

you can see more on YouTubz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgZTo_pPe5I
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 08-17-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

that place looks like a swinging 50's supper club