Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Power Rankings "The Jets should feel lucky to be at No. 20 and not No. 32"

  1. #21
    "Revis and Cromartie don't seem to scare opponents like they once did."

    He should have named the better starting CB pair in the league, especially in man coverage.

    My official guess is a 9-7 year, but neither this spot nor the "support" offered for it have any coherence.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    As fans we want to believe our team is better than it actually is. But with zero O and a d that the entire league has figure out. The article is not that far off. Last season was time for Rex and company to take it the next level, but the total opposite happened. It's too early in the preseason, but this team has shown nothing to warrant anything better than last years record. Lets see how the next few pre season games pan out before we end the season.
    Huh? The Jets gae up a few more points last year, but they were T-9 in Defense points allowed, that doesn't imply "D that the entire league has figured out". They gave up 51 points on offense & special teams. I'm confident that, even with a terrible QB, that wouldn't happen again. They were one of 3 teams to allow more than 35 points.

  3. #23
    20 Jets Yah know what. It is not even the fact the JETS are 20. It is not the fact they have SF at 4 who we are better then IMO. It is not even the fact they have SD, Tenn, Cinci, Houston, and Dallas a head of us who we have owed over the last few years. It is the fact they have KC a team we murdered 37-10 well after the point most would say we stop trying is ranked over us. I'm sorry but this is just total hate IMO.

  4. #24
    Can't really disagree with him on anything other than that stupid Revis and Cromartie statement.

    Defensively the Jets are still stout but just like last season the offense will drag the entire team down. First off what the Jets want to do on offense makes no sense. They clearly do not have the personnel to run the football effectively. Scratch that, they don't have the personnel to do anything productive on offense and it all starts with the Oline that Tanny let deteriorate into the mess we have right now.

  5. #25
    For the record I don't even think we are the biggest snubbs on that list. Washington at 26 and SD at 15 I think are bigger. SD it my pick to actually make it to the SB in the AFC. All those years of ESPN throwing that crap team down my throat as a legit contender and now they step off? This SD team looks like the most complete they have had in a while. 6 deep at WR, a good running game and that looks like a top 6 D to me. Oh and no more contract issues which was their biggest problem IMO.

  6. #26
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    this has been said before but i'd rather the Jets be disrespected in these polls than have high expectations.

    historically this franchise will exceed low expectations, they will not live up to high expectations. Jets in the top 5 of power rankings is when everything goes to crap.
    That's right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Jets have basically been in the middle their entire existence if there are ever gonna break out it will be in the next few years.
    Yep.

    Blech Report is okay at covering things that already happened. I like the rundown of every Jets season in franchise history and every starting Jets QB in franchise history... it was good and showed a depth of knowledge.

    But when they get into predicting and rating... things get messy. Like... 'a-drunk-at-your-local-bar-who-barely-pays-attention-could-write-a-better-article' messy.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Morons write for bleacherreport and retards read the bleacherreport.
    This x10000

  8. #28
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    373
    I just read it. The writer is one of those 'tards that just re-writes the finish from last year and throws in a few digs and comments that show his ignorance and personal bias. I hate it when I see it in a preseason mag, hate it when I hear it on TV, and hate it there.

    Top 4 teams this year are the final 4 teams in the prediction proves he's just thinking ONLY of late last year's finale and tinkered with that via a few free-agent add-ons/big-name player moves into into his thinking. If he paid attention, ge would see that the league is so close and that teams go up and down every year. Very few do the same thing every year. Ut;s only 16 games and a 1-and-done playoff system mean ANYTHING can happen. The Pats and Giants will NOT be the best two teams and in the Super Bowl again this year. I guarantee. This is the NFL, not the NBA. He probably only watched the last couple weeks and the playoffs, the dolt. The Pats may have had the scariest O built around Brady's passing, but a terrible, barely servicable D that just got exposed in the SB. Giants were average until they got hot late. Such is the NFL.

    And Revis and Cromartie scare nobody? Okay... if that duo don't scare anybody, then the rest of the league must have laughing stocks at their two corners. Did he only watch Revis against Buffalo? What a joke.

    How many preseason predictions are looked at AFTER the season and are proven anywhere from 50-80% wrong? I mean, most of them are SO wrong, yet, we still look and listen to the predictions every year. Give me a break.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 08-16-2012 at 03:19 PM.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    We were 8-8 last year but we are lucky we arent last...good article
    The whole premise of feeling lucky to be on their list is stupid. Like our spot on their list has any bearing on how the Jets feel, or should feel. It's really stupid to put them any lower than our draft position of last year though, even if you didn't do any homework at all. The guys whining that we scare no one are very insecure srobbing whiners. Our record over the last 3 years is in the top five, and no one would want to face us in the playoffs.

  10. #30
    For the people actually giving the article serious credence:

    You realize that bleacher report articles are written by college students right? They're all just kids trying to get jobs at you know, real places where they can write. Like a newspaper. Or a real website.

    Can there please be an automatic ban for any moron who ever posts a bleacher report article ever again?

  11. #31
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not for nothing but the Chiefs and Cardinals are the only teams I disagree with putting ahead of us. Maybe the Titans should be behind us too. So would 17 or 18 sound better to you guys?

    It is an offensive league and our offense does not scare anyone. Our defense is strong but we turn the ball over too much to take advantage (if there is one) of being a defensive team.

    2010 is a long time ago. Sure, the core is intact but the supporting cast is nowhere near what it once was.
    No!

    All writers and media who say anything negative are idiots! Cimini, Myers, Lupica, Beningo, Francesa, Esiason, King, idiots! We only like Jenny Vrentas who only says positive things. Yes!

    SAR I

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No!

    All writers and media who say anything negative are idiots! Cimini, Myers, Lupica, Beningo, Francesa, Esiason, King, idiots! We only like Jenny Vrentas who only says positive things. Yes!

    SAR I
    people don't like Vrentas because she "only says positive things."

    people like Vrentas because she gives the news straight and in an objective fashion, positive or negative.


    no schtick, no spin.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No!

    All writers and media who say anything negative are idiots! Cimini, Myers, Lupica, Beningo, Francesa, Esiason, King, idiots! We only like Jenny Vrentas who only says positive things. Yes!

    SAR I
    Well lets be honest no one wants to see those guys topless.

  14. #34
    That was one of the worse "articles" that I read on that site and that is saying something.

  15. #35
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    people don't like Vrentas because she "only says positive things."

    people like Vrentas because she gives the news straight and in an objective fashion, positive or negative.

    no schtick, no spin.
    Vrentas is harmless, opinionless, worthless. Everyone loved Manish last year until he said something honest (negative) and now he's on the we-hate-him list.

    This goes on year after year, nothing different this time.

    SAR I

  16. #36
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Well lets be honest no one wants to see those guys topless.


    Let's be honest, no one wants to see her topless either.

    SAR I

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,813
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Vrentas is harmless, opinionless, worthless. Everyone loved Manish last year until he said something honest (negative) and now he's on the we-hate-him list.

    This goes on year after year, nothing different this time.

    SAR I
    Thats a little harsh.

    I thought journalists should avoid giving opinions.

    I admit 97% of what she writes is positive and that may not be "honest" or accurate b.c there are problems with this team. But she doesn't pile on and use "unnamed sources".

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey View Post
    ...Can there please be an automatic ban for any moron who ever posts a bleacher report article ever again?
    so let me get this straight: you say that anyone posting an article (credible or not-so-credible) to talk about on a discussion board should be banned - but you calling me a moron for linking it is OK? The rules say you go, not me.. GFY

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Vrentas is harmless, opinionless, worthless. Everyone loved Manish last year until he said something honest (negative) and now he's on the we-hate-him list.

    This goes on year after year, nothing different this time.

    SAR I
    reporting facts without spin, positive or negative = "opinionless and worthless"

    reporting based on unnamed sources that nobody else was able to corroborate = "honest"


    got it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by tomctomc View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...starts/page/21

    ouch.. not that these knuckleheads know everything, but i thought the JETS would crack.. you know... the top HALF
    I don't think there's any denying we'll be a top 5 defense. When was the last time a team with a top ranked defense was last in power rankings

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us