Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Rankings "The Jets should feel lucky to be at No. 20 and not No. 32"

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Power Rankings "The Jets should feel lucky to be at No. 20 and not No. 32"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...starts/page/21

ouch.. not that these knuckleheads know everything, but i thought the JETS would crack.. you know... the top HALF

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've blocked BleacherReport from showing up in any of my Google searches. It's improved my enjoyment of the Internet 5-fold.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    hard to believe somebody gets paid to write this crap

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Preseason power rankings are as lame as a one legged platypus.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    BR is garbage - full of farticles that took as long to write them as it takes to read them. It's all just link-bait. . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares. Let people think we're not as good as we can be.

People are very short sighted, and go by the last game the team played. If that's the case, the Jets are right were they should be. It's up to the team to show people the last 3 games of last year was an aberration. Does the team deserve respect based on the off-season?

Plus, people want to see Tebow. Plain and simple. The media loves him.

For now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a stupid lead in to the article. I have no problem with people taking the team to task for things that are valid. His comments on our CB's is silly. did he base this on one game by Steve Johnson vs Revis?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for nothing but the Chiefs and Cardinals are the only teams I disagree with putting ahead of us. Maybe the Titans should be behind us too. So would 17 or 18 sound better to you guys?

It is an offensive league and our offense does not scare anyone. Our defense is strong but we turn the ball over too much to take advantage (if there is one) of being a defensive team.

2010 is a long time ago. Sure, the core is intact but the supporting cast is nowhere near what it once was.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-16-2012 at 11:51 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As fans we want to believe our team is better than it actually is. But with zero O and a d that the entire league has figure out. The article is not that far off. Last season was time for Rex and company to take it the next level, but the total opposite happened. It's too early in the preseason, but this team has shown nothing to warrant anything better than last years record. Lets see how the next few pre season games pan out before we end the season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not for nothing but the Chiefs and Cardinals are the only teams I disagree with putting ahead of us. Maybe the Titans should be behind us too. So would 17 or 18 sound better to you guys?

It is an offensive league and our offense does not scare anyone. Our defense is strong but we turn the ball over too much to take advantage (if there is one) of being a defensive team.

2010 is a long time ago. Sure, the core is intact but the supporting cast is nowhere near what it one was.
    Cards in front of us is comical. They are a 4-5 win team. Chiefs I could see the argument for. They have better skill players and Cassel is comparable to Sanchez. Their D came on last year and snuffed out the mighty Packers offense late in the season. Titans no way. They arevery mediocre across the board.

But yeah, we're middle of the pack, I have no idea why our fanbase would be offended to see us ranked as a middle of the road team based on last season and our current roster.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it is an unwritten TOC that we are not permitted to post in other folks' power rankings threads. Tomctomc, please accept my apologies.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this has been said before but i'd rather the Jets be disrespected in these polls than have high expectations.

historically this franchise will exceed low expectations, they will not live up to high expectations. Jets in the top 5 of power rankings is when everything goes to crap.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have basically been in the middle their entire existence if there are ever gonna break out it will be in the next few years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were 8-8 last year but we are lucky we arent last...good article

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tomctomc View Post

ouch.. not that these knuckleheads know everything, but i thought the JETS would crack.. you know... the top HALF
    This isn't college football, these rankings are meaningless. I couldn't give two $hits if they were ranked 32 in these meaningless pre-season rankings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

2010 is a long time ago. Sure, the core is intact but the supporting cast is nowhere near what it once was.
    Not sure I even agree about the core. We scare nobody.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I dunno. You sound pretty scared.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    That's the aspect of my team that I'm hating right now. If you were the fan of another team and saw the Jets on the schedule, what would you be worried about? The one player to fear on the roster is a guy who might not even get any camera time because smart QBs avoid him. Other than that, we have a great center. Be very afraid.

The defense is good, but can be moved on, especially if you have a back with good hands and/or an upper-tier TE. My personal opinion is that #20 isn't a bad pre-season prediction for the team, but would of course love to see them jump at least 10 spots.

It's all on the offense to move the team up the charts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tomctomc View Post

It's obvious to me that the writer has some sort of personal bias against the Jets.

The fact is Shonn Greene gained over a 1,000 yards on the ground.

Santonio Holmes was once disgruntled, but with the departure of Schotty I believe the wound has been healed.

Mark Sanchez is the starting QB for the Jets and that has never been in debate.

Continuing to regress? He must be referring to the Jets subpar 2011 season. But that's only one season of regression. So continuing to regress? I guess I just really do not understand.

And lucky to be 20 and not 32?! That's what throws this jerkoff into the abyss of being another fraud. Even assuming all of this crap he's spewing is true (which it isn't), but if it was, even with our defense alone there's no way we'd be ranked dead last.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morons write for bleacherreport and retards read the bleacherreport.