Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: Power Rankings "The Jets should feel lucky to be at No. 20 and not No. 32"

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    Let's be honest, no one wants to see her topless either.

    SAR I
    Let's be honest, I'd fap to that.



  2. #42
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brex View Post
    I don't think there's any denying we'll be a top 5 defense.
    Why isn't there any denying that we'll be a Top 5 defense?

    With an offense that is tracking to produce the most three-and-outs in NFL history, our aging LB's and secondary will wear out late in games and late in the season and become a veritable smorgasbord of yardage and points.

    SAR I

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why isn't there any denying that we'll be a Top 5 defense?

    With an offense that is tracking to produce the most three-and-outs in NFL history, our aging LB's and secondary will wear out late in games and late in the season and become a veritable smorgasbord of yardage and points.

    SAR I
    You just posted the script from the 2011 Denver game.

  4. #44
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    hard to believe somebody gets paid to write this crap
    LOL They don't. Anyone can submit articles to bleacher report!

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    20 Jets Yah know what. It is not even the fact the JETS are 20. It is not the fact they have SF at 4 who we are better then IMO. It is not even the fact they have SD, Tenn, Cinci, Houston, and Dallas a head of us who we have owed over the last few years. It is the fact they have KC a team we murdered 37-10 well after the point most would say we stop trying is ranked over us. I'm sorry but this is just total hate IMO.
    How the F are we better than SF?????

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    How the F are we better than SF?????
    Just check the stats from last year SF really didn't play that impressive and played a lot easier teams. Our Os was actually better then theirs last year and we improved more then they did. They had a 29.4% 3rd down %, less overall yards, over 200 more penalty yards, and oh yeah more sacks given up. They just had less turnovers. Don't give me they have a better run game because that is false as well. 14 rushing TDs to our 14 rushing TDs and they didn't have a whole lot better average. Gore is not the back he was 2 years ago. Smith is not a good QB, don't tell me he is better the Sanchez. Also don't tell me their D is better because they aren't. They gave up 230.9 yards passing to our 201 and again played easier teams. They where passed all over last year. Really I'm not getting their hype. They are not better then us. I don't care what their final record was. Getting lucky in a few games doesn't mean you played good. Maybe they have better coaching but even ST we are a top team still. Them at 4 and us at 20 no that is insane. There is not that big a gap. Last year they where our most comparable team.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    BleacherReport is the biggest joke there is to journalism.

  8. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    How the F are we better than SF?????
    We have 2 ****ty quarterbacks, they only have 1.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    We have 2 ****ty quarterbacks, they only have 1.
    Hey Collin is every bit as bad as Tebow.

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,707
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why isn't there any denying that we'll be a Top 5 defense?

    With an offense that is tracking to produce the most three-and-outs in NFL history, our aging LB's and secondary will wear out late in games and late in the season and become a veritable smorgasbord of yardage and points.

    SAR I
    aging secondary? Scott is the only aging LB (Harris is still playing in his prime)

    Scott's not going to see all that much time as we move to a 4-3.

    The Jets D has gotten younger and faster and they will be easily be top 5. I believe with this roster they are the number 1 D in the league.

  11. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not for nothing but the Chiefs and Cardinals are the only teams I disagree with putting ahead of us. Maybe the Titans should be behind us too. So would 17 or 18 sound better to you guys?

    It is an offensive league and our offense does not scare anyone. Our defense is strong but we turn the ball over too much to take advantage (if there is one) of being a defensive team.

    2010 is a long time ago. Sure, the core is intact but the supporting cast is nowhere near what it once was.
    Please stop with this. The Ravens and 49ers were a play away from meeting in the Super Bowl. How were their offenses? Why did the Giants win their Super Bowls...Defense!

  12. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason why the younger beat writers write more positive articles is twofold:

    1. They're still working on establishing sources and connections inside the organization, so being a bit nicer than most helps with that.

    2. They're not old, fat, white guys who write self masturbatory pieces about how things used to be based on a false reality that never really existed.

    And yes, Bleacher Report is a group blog that lets anybody post. Most of the articles published there contain an embarrassing amount of plagiarized material. I'm surprised some JI posters haven't signed up and posted glowing Jets articles.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,565
    Post Thanks / Like
    Starting to think they were generous.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us