Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Bradford/Schotty stuff

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    "I don't worry about Sam getting hit," Schottenheimer said. "He's tough. That's the one thing that shows up; I mean, he stands in there and he's taken some punishment. It's our job to keep him from getting hit like that. And I'd be saying that to you if I was talking about Mark Sanchez, Drew Brees or any of the other guys I've coached. You don't want to get those guys hit, because when they do get hit, unfortunately, human nature, it makes you ... not afraid, or scared, but you're aware of it."

WTF. Says he is not worried about him being hit then proceeds to talk about not wanting him to get hit. So I guess he is worried about him getting hit.

Thank god he is gone.
    This is the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i really think Shotty will do well...i dont think he is the greatest OC, but i dont think he is bad either...just wasnt right here.
    let's wait see how many empty backfield sets he runs on 3rd and short before we pass judgement....-

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    "Two days ago in camp, I thought I had a really good practice. I'm not sure the ball hit the ground once. And we got in the film room, and he was all over me about getting the ball out of my hands even quicker, to eliminate hits.

Awful coaching if you go overboard as it can have EXACTLY the opposite effect that you want it to have. Maybe we can see why Sanchez acts like he is being pressured all the time whether he is nor not. It has been drummed into his head to act like he is on every play. A Qb has to be able to take advantage of time if he has it. The OC should be teaching the Qb to recognize real pressure vs perceived pressure and act accordingly not teach him that he has to get rid of the ball too fast on each play because he might get hit.
    Talk to Phil Simms...You don't think Parcells was like that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i really think Shotty will do well...i dont think he is the greatest OC, but i dont think he is bad either...just wasnt right here.
    He is bad.

He's clueless when it comes to making in-game adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Talk to Phil Simms...You don't think Parcells was like that?
    You will have to expound on your comment. Did bill Parcells tell Simms to not stand in the pocket to take a hit on crucial plays? To act like you are going to get clocked on every play? To get rid of the ball quickly no matter what?

Take a look at the best QB's in this league, guys like Brady, Manning, roeths. If teams give them tons of time to throw the ball they will take it and make you pay dearly for not getting a pass rush.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    That's true but one of the fundamental flaws in Schott the lesser's system is that he also wants to trick the defense with moving formations and motion, which causes the offense to also be a little out iof sync and lose rhythhm.
    He also called out each route in the huddle which is what took so long. He certainly wouldn't want anyone to recognize the play...especially the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    This is the most stupid thing I've ever heard.
    With 12000+ posts on this board I doubt it.

Also you didn't hear it you read it.

Thanks for sharing though.

Jets Insider VIP

I could be wrong but I don't think he was referring to what YOU said but rather to what Shoddy said.

He was agreeing with you in saying that Schotty is an moron.

Hall Of Fame

I don't think he cares what you say.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Bradford's career is over.
    agreed. Schotty's offensive schemes and Bradford's abilities are one of the poorest matches that could have been made, I'm surprised Fisher hired him.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Doubt it.

There were WAY more Woodhead supporters here than Schotty ones. If he has success with Bradford, people will see it as an indictment on Sanchez, but you won't see ANY regret that Schotty was canned . . .
    thus saying the OC wasn't the issue it was the players. Fire Tanny, cut Sanchez, etc will be the cry. Even worse than the Woodhead stuff .... you know how quick people change up here. One day Rex is god the next day he's a cancer. If Bradford has a monster year I don't even want to see the stuff people say here ...

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    thus saying the OC wasn't the issue it was the players. Fire Tanny, cut Sanchez, etc will be the cry. Even worse than the Woodhead stuff .... you know how quick people change up here. One day Rex is god the next day he's a cancer. If Bradford has a monster year I don't even want to see the stuff people say here ...
    There's no doubt this place will EXPLODE if Schotty has success and we don't.

I just thought you meant we'd hear the "see, we never shoulda got rid of the guy" posts that we were flooded with when Woodhead succeeded. I DEFINITELY don't see that in Schotty's case.

Having said that, if we struggle mightily we're gonna hear the "Fire ________" chants regardless of how Schotty fares . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He also called out each route in the huddle which is what took so long. He certainly wouldn't want anyone to recognize the play...especially the QB.
    It's funny, there was this video posted of our playoff win against NE, and you could clearly hear Scotty call a play. It was so ridiculously long it was funnt

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He is bad.

This, and anyone who says otherwise is ****ing delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I think the biggest difference between Shotty here and Shotty there is the fact they also have Fisher. Fisher has taken some poor to below average QBs pretty far in this league. I loved Collin but he was pretty done those last few years. Young actually looked better in Tenn then Philly despite having "better talent around him and a better OC." He had me believing in Billy Voleck at times. And before that went 6-2 with Neil O'Donnell! Yes he was a DC but unlike Herm, Mangi, or Rex he seems more involved with the O. I don't think he would hesitate to start calling plays over Shotty or say no this is what I want to see.
    Vy looked better in Tenn because he had more time to learn the offense. VY is lazy he's not going to pickup a new playbook in a month like some players will. Fisher did his best to throw him under the bus.

Collins and O'Donnell were both extremely experienced vets by the time they got to Tenn. Fisher had little to do with whatever limited success either one of them had. He deserves credit for McNair but he never won a Super Bowl.

I think Fischer is overrated. Who allows a dud like Brian Schottenheimer on his staff as an OC? Rex did but he's a defensive guy and Tanenbaum was Schotty's boyfriend and a leftover from the even more inept Mangina.

Sam Bradford is doomed.

Memo to Bradford: get away from Brian Schittenheimer as quick as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    There's no doubt this place will EXPLODE if Schotty has success and we don't.

I just thought you meant we'd hear the "see, we never shoulda got rid of the guy" posts that we were flooded with when Woodhead succeeded. I DEFINITELY don't see that in Schotty's case.

Having said that, if we struggle mightily we're gonna hear the "Fire ________" chants regardless of how Schotty fares . . .
    LOL. Schotty will have the same great success our other overrated clowns like Mangina and Herm had.

Guy is an idiot. Did you see them get destroyed by the Colts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He is bad.

Schotty's idea of making an in-game adjustment is reading an index card with some bs shift adjustment he made up the previous Tuesday. Most putrid in-game OC I have ever seen. He was worse than Rich Kotite (at least he let Cunningham in Philly call his own plays) and cost us at least 1 SB appearance between 2008 - 2010.

Bradford is going to put up much better #'s then sanchez will this season. lock it up.