Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watching Bengals-Falcons game. Noticing some interesting stuff.

Banned

Watching Bengals-Falcons game. Noticing some interesting stuff.

I have noticed how much pressure the Bengals have put on Matt Ryan and their top 10 offense with 2 stud WR's , HOF TE and a top 10 RB. Even the announcers were mentioning how much pressure Ryan was getting from the Bengals defense. So maybe, just maybe, our Oline and offense aren't as bad as the gloomy Jets fans would like us to believe.

EDIT: The Falcons gave up the 6th least amount of sacks in the league last year, so you can't argue that their line isn't any good.
    Last edited by Choon328; 08-16-2012 at 08:35 PM.

No, we just suck.

Bengals are better than people think. Having said that, our offensive line is still problematic.

IMO, I believe the Bengals are playing to win, instead of playing to test their stunts, schemes, etc. I got this feeling against the Jets as well.

No matter what, the Jets suck. That is fact due to popular opinion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Bengals are better than people think. Having said that, our offensive line is still problematic.

IMO, I believe the Bengals are playing to win, instead of playing to test their stunts, schemes, etc. I got this feeling against the Jets as well.
    I definitely agree that their is reason for concern but the backlash after the first pre-season game was ridiculously over the top. And this kind of proves the point that when you don't game plan against a top 10 defense that is going balls to the wall against a vanilla blocking scheme you are going to get pressure and it's going to be hard to move the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    No matter what, the Jets suck. That is fact due to popular opinion.
    unless of course, also due to the media and popular (non Jet fan) opinion if Tebow starts they will be awesome

Matt Ryan is 8 for 8 so far...

Jets Insider VIP
    watching Packers-Browns snorefest

another fine example of just how horribly boring these preseason scrimmages are

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    unless of course, also due to the media and popular (non Jet fan) opinion if Tebow starts they will be awesome
    Oh of course. I should've noted that in my post. My apologies.

Jets Insider VIP
    Is Vontaze Burfict starting for the bengals?

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I have noticed how much pressure the Bengals have put on Matt Ryan and their top 10 offense with 2 stud WR's , HOF TE and a top 10 RB. Even the announcers were mentioning how much pressure Ryan was getting from the Bengals defense. So maybe, just maybe, our Oline and offense aren't as bad as the gloomy Jets fans would like us to believe.

EDIT: The Falcons gave up the 6th least amount of sacks in the league last year, so you can't argue that their line isn't any good.
    Was thinking the same. The Falcons virtually did nothing on first two drives, now into the second quarter, they are finally moving the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Did Marvin Lewis ask the Falcons to not run the wildcat tonight?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Good scrimmage, remember when the Giants killed the Falcon O-line.

I can tell you're trying to stay true to your status -- keep up the good work

Hall Of Fame
    Very simple explanation.

The Bengals are a good team and are underrated.

The Falcons are overrated.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Very simple explanation.

The Bengals are a good team and are underrated.

The Falcons are overrated.
    Hahaha, you sir are out of your mind. They have Pro Bowl players all over the field on Offense. I'm not sure if you're that dumb or just have an axe to grind.

There's a game on tonight???!!

Hall Of Fame
    Hahaha, you sir are out of your mind. They have Pro Bowl players all over the field on Offense. I'm not sure if you're that dumb or just have an axe to grind.
    Julio Jones and Roddy White are beasts. Those two weapons outside are tough to defend.

All League
    No he's pretty much on the money...

And the Probowl is a popularity contest among the fans

All Pro
    I definitely agree that their is reason for concern but the backlash after the first pre-season game was ridiculously over the top. And this kind of proves the point that when you don't game plan against a top 10 defense that is going balls to the wall against a vanilla blocking scheme you are going to get pressure and it's going to be hard to move the ball.
    Yet the Falcons are managing to somehow do it.