Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching Bengals-Falcons game. Noticing some interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Yeah, they were just wearing the wrong jerseys...
    lol

yes, i agree with the sentiments that he is not that good

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Bit, I couldn't watch the game, only highlights. Is this true? Because if it's true it makes things a little better, being that the Bengals are physical (not to the level of Pittsburgh and Baltimore) themselves.
    well the Bengals lost those players that is true. They lose Rey M, Carlos Dunlap and Travelle Wharton. Rey should be back for the opener, Dunlap will be out longer than that an Wharton is done for the year. Could that have been just dumb luck? Sure.

I interpreted it as the Jets who had spent all camp fighting each other and sometimes cheap shot each other, came together and finally unloaded on another team. had the 1st stringers stayed in the game it would have been a tight physical battle that the jets (in my opinion at least) would have won. Rex has these guys loaded for bear. the team has flaws especially on offense but they will smack other teams in the mouth.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Bit, I couldn't watch the game, only highlights. Is this true? Because if it's true it makes things a little better, being that the Bengals are physical (not to the level of Pittsburgh and Baltimore) themselves.
    Yeah they smacked them in the mouth, and they did knock out 3 starters. Basically, they scored a FG against our ones. 7 came off a blocked punt in our endzone, and 7 came against the backups (of course it was their back ups that scored). It wasn't as terrible as the doom and gloomers say, but it wasn't awe inspiring either. If you look at the box scores of week 1 preseason, you'll see a lot of teams didn't score at will.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    well the Bengals lost those players that is true. They lose Rey M, Carlos Dunlap and Travelle Wharton. Rey should be back for the opener, Dunlap will be out longer than that an Wharton is done for the year. Could that have been just dumb luck? Sure.

I interpreted it as the Jets who had spent all camp fighting each other and sometimes cheap shot each other, came together and finally unloaded on another team. had the 1st stringers stayed in the game it would have been a tight physical battle that the jets (in my opinion at least) would have won. Rex has these guys loaded for bear. the team has flaws especially on offense but they will smack other teams in the mouth.
    Sorry bit, was typing when you responded. Not stepping on toes, just giving my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He picked off Tebow.
    Seems you were a Burfict fan before the combine like I was. I showed the wife, who's a shrink, some stuff on his bizarre behavior and she said he screamed ADD. Easily fixable with meds. We should have picked him up on the condition he got treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Seems you were a Burfict fan before the combine like I was. I showed the wife, who's a shrink, some stuff on his bizarre behavior and she said he screamed ADD. Easily fixable with meds. We should have picked him up on the condition he got treatment.
    She must be a genius, diagnosing people over a tv/computer...

All League
    I mean I don't doubt your wife's diagnosis, but I think him being fat, slow, and bombing his interviews with teams were more of a reason we stayed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    No, we just suck.
    Can't tell if sarcastic, but tbh, this one liner SO exemplifies Jets Fan Nation.

So many words posted here boild down to tis perfect distillation of the SOJF Spirit.

i would make the case that the Jets OL is significantly better than the Falcons OL. They don't have a player as good as Nick Mangold or DBrick.

and fwiw the Jets beat the bag out of the Bengals physically. They lost 2 starters on defense and a starter on offense. The score didn't end up in the Jets favor but they brought the wood to the Bengals.
    Exactly. Judging the entire forthcomign season on the lack of scoring by the #1 O on two drives in the first quarter of the first preseason game......not quite the best barometer.
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-17-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Matt Ryan is stud. He's taking the next step this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Thanks captain meme. cause you of all people shatter my world with your cereal box insight.
    I don't know why but I lol'd.

Jets Insider VIP
    Has she seen your avatar?

She must be a genius, diagnosing people over a tv/computer...
    She is but it was simply an opinion not a diagnosis. I'll have to ask her the treatment for people who are always the first to make a$$hole comments.

Cincinnati has one of the top five young rosters in football. The players from Pittsburgh were making comments after they played Cincinnati last year about how talented the Bengals' roster was. I think they take a step back this year because of Dalton's limitations but from a physical and athletic standpoint, their defensive front is superior to either the Jets' or Atlanta's offensive lines.

Jets Insider VIP
    She is but it was simply an opinion not a diagnosis. I'll have to ask her the treatment for people who are always the first to make a$$hole comments.

All Pro
    Yeah, they were just wearing the wrong jerseys...
    Really? Do i have to post the video of him blowing up the FB? Turner was DDT'd right after.

Gimme a break you guys. Why is it so hard for people to drop the hate here. I got no prob with dudes gettin' on certain players, but when that guy shows up? drop the act.

Veteran
    Well played sir. And please do, her answer could be a standing retort here in JI for years to come

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... just rewatched the 1st quarter ...

... must say sachez played better than i had thought ...

... the bengals D def brought a bunch of heat ... much of it did seem like stunts that weren't picked up & a couple misses by the TE's ... rather than the OL being outmuscled ...

... very happy with starting D ...

... can't wait to see more of the starters vs. G-men ...

l_j_r

The Bengals were good at pressuring the QB last year, they also were blitz happy vs us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Matt Ryan is stud. He's taking the next step this year.
    The step to the woulda coulda shoulda HOF.

Jets Insider VIP

Lets smack the Giants in the mouth