Thread: Sunday Ticket

Sunday Ticket

I've received lots of good intel in the past so I thought I'd share.

Called DirecTv and was able to get Sunday Ticket for free but it does not include Sunday Ticket mobile or Red Zone. It took a little while but I was ready to cancel and after refusing a number of offers at a lower price, i was transferred to another rep and they finally agreed. It was harder then last year and I had to agree to continue service for one year or they would charge me $10 per month if I discontinue service before the year is up.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I truthfully havent payed for the NFL ticket in the last 5 years. Every year I call and get credits, monthly disccounts, etc...Always covers the cost of the ticket. In some cases I even got more then the ticket was worth.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I truthfully havent payed for the NFL ticket in the last 5 years. Every year I call and get credits, monthly disccounts, etc...Always covers the cost of the ticket. In some cases I even got more then the ticket was worth.
    Today, I called Uverse and threatened to move to Comcast for a lower rate. They lowered my bill by $25 and every channel known to man. Since I hate Comcrap, it worked out great.

Anyone who doesn't call their cable satellite provider from time to time to demand rate reductions is a fool.

Sadly, no Sunday ticket but will go to Sports bar when we don't get Jets games.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    If you don't mind what do you tell DTV to get these credits for five years? Just threaten to cancel? I'm a new DTV customer and received NFL ticket with the MAX upgrade included.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jegjet View Post
    I've received lots of good intel in the past so I thought I'd share.

Called DirecTv and was able to get Sunday Ticket for free but it does not include Sunday Ticket mobile or Red Zone. It took a little while but I was ready to cancel and after refusing a number of offers at a lower price, i was transferred to another rep and they finally agreed. It was harder then last year and I had to agree to continue service for one year or they would charge me $10 per month if I discontinue service before the year is up.
    Me to! I just stuck it to "the man!"...and got NFL Sunday ticket for Free! My call just now to Direct TV:

Me: Hello I just saw your advertisement and I would like to add NFL Sunday ticket for free.

DTV Representative: I am sorry that is for new subscribers only.

Me: Oh, the advertisement doesn't explicitly say that. Is there anything you can do for me?

DTV Representative: No. Sorry. It's in the fine print at the bottom of the commercial.

Me: Oh, you can barely read that. Are you sure you can't help me out here?

DTV Representative: I can give it to you at a discounted price of $15.00 for five months.

Me: No that's not gonna work for me. Do I speak to you about canceling my service or do you have to transfer me to another area?

DTV Representative: (After a long pause) Since you are such a loyal and long standing subscriber, I can give it to you for $195.00 and then credit you back $20 every month for the next twelve months.

Me: Sign me up!

Now my math skills are a bit rusty...but they are paying me $45 ($240 in credits less $195) to have the pleasure of NFL Sunday Ticket. That translates into them buying me two case of beer and a "boat load" of chips and dip to eat while watching the games on a service I paid nothing to have. Cha-chingo!

Sounds like you know how to haggle.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    If you don't mind what do you tell DTV to get these credits for five years? Just threaten to cancel? I'm a new DTV customer and received NFL ticket with the MAX upgrade included.
    Threaten to cancel, complain about them hooking up new customers and not long standing ones, price issues, economy, etc..... Just call and they are always willing to give things away. I turn their offers into free NFL Ticket.

You can't talk to people in customer service, they don't have the authority to make deals. You have to ask to be transfered to the retention department.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 08-18-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan55 View Post
    Me to! I just stuck it to "the man!"...and got NFL Sunday ticket for Free! My call just now to Direct TV:

Me: Hello I just saw your advertisement and I would like to add NFL Sunday ticket for free.

Me: Oh, the advertisement doesn't explicitly say that. Is there anything you can do for me?

DTV Representative: No. Sorry. It's in the fine print at the bottom of the commercial.

DTV Representative: I can give it to you at a discounted price of $15.00 for five months.

Me: No that's not gonna work for me. Do I speak to you about canceling my service or do you have to transfer me to another area?

DTV Representative: (After a long pause) Since you are such a loyal and long standing subscriber, I can give it to you for $195.00 and then credit you back $20 every month for the next twelve months.

Now my math skills are a bit rusty...but they are paying me $45 ($240 in credits less $195) to have the pleasure of NFL Sunday Ticket. That translates into them buying me two case of beer and a "boat load" of chips and dip to eat while watching the games on a service I paid nothing to have. Cha-chingo!

This year there are 2 different NFL Ticket packages. Did you make sure they gave you NFL Ticket Max?

Practice Squad

Sounds like you're drinking the cheapest most undrinkable cases of beers.

The ****ers will never budge for me. Yes they will give me a break on the price, but won't go below six payments of 24.99 a month. Despite being a five time subscriber to the ticket.

sunday ticket

The best they will do for me is to get just the sunday ticket at half price. i told them i would cancel because new customers get it for free but they said half off is the best they can do. i order the ticket every year at a discounted rate for at least 5 years..any suggestions how to get it for free?
    Last edited by djo80wr; 08-19-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: left out information

Veteran
    I just moved to a place that has a dish on the roof But no equipment. I'll only be here a couple of months. Is there a way I can get direct tv and not have any kind of contract? Maybe by purchasing a receiver?
    My alternative is cox cable. Any thoughts?